***Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice***

Soldato
Seems im a masochist, started my second play through. Finding the initial areas so much easier than i remembered which is testament to hwo much the difficulty ramps up in this game i think.

Soldato
OP
I stopped playing this as it got swamped by other new titles, as we're about to come into the winter period where I'll have more time, I'm tempted to put this back into the roster of my regular games.

I got up to Lady Butterfly but not the horse guy as I focused HEAVILY on exploring rather than progression. Is it worth starting from scratch? I barely remember what went on and when I do open the game, I simply do a dual with the NPC back at the main hub and then close the game just to keep my memory fresh on how the combat flows.

Soldato
OP
Definitely start from scratch. Help you remember what you are doing!

I've just started playing again too.

Aye, I'm thinking the same, I just remember doing so much exploration and finding so much, it's gonna be a lot to catch up on again. But I might just focus on progression a bit more this time and back track at a later time.

Soldato
Yup, barely scratched the surface. You might as well restart.

The game is worth going through four times, subsequent playthroughs aren't too time consuming and you can get different endings each time, enable Demon Bell etc. especially if you're going for Platinum as it makes grinding for points easier.

Soldato
Just finished my second play through in around 20 hours. So much easier than the first time now i know what to do, bosses were down first try usually. Not as exciting as the first play though as some of the surprise moments in the game dont get you.

Caporegime
I am terrible at this game. Still stuck on Lady Butterfly (my 1st soulstype game) :(

Still, very impressed with it regardless.

I started playing this over the weekend and am using a controller.

I'm doing ok, but fought Lady Butterfly and narrowly lost - using 3 snap seeds in the process.

However, during a battle elsewhere I accidentally used 2 snap seeds instead of my gord seed heath thing from the quick item menu, so i'm out now. Is there a way to get more or did I just make the lady butterfly fight extra hard?

Last edited:
Associate
I started playing this over the weekend and am using a controller.

I'm doing ok, but fought Lady Butterfly and narrowly lost - using 3 snap seeds in the process.

However, during a battle elsewhere I accidentally used 2 snap seeds instead of my gord seed heath thing from the quick item meni, so i'm out now. Is there a way to get more or did I just make the lady butterfly fight extra hard?

Snap seeds help but are definitely not essential, iirc you use them against her apparitions but I found running around and killing them was more beneficial because you get spirit emblems back.

Soldato
Tbh I've played the game twice(was much more enjoyable 2nd time btw) and I ever really understood exactly what snap seeds do.... I think I used some but never really noticed them do anything.

Caporegime
44 hours and I think I'm nearing the end at last.

Some of the optional mini bosses are still proving difficult. After the castle is attacked there is a seven spear guy near ashina reservoir and he has a samurai guy with him as well. Even with a stealth backstab to the samurai guy and the puppetry thing I'm struggling.

Soldato
Finally got round to the demon of hatred this evening
50E0165EDBC7499A8AB1128526C913CE8E029B1D

Back
Top Bottom