Finally, I get my day in court!

Soldato
have you watched the aaron henandez documentary on netflix?

in the second case the guy who was murdered his mum was to take the stand. the judge told her. if you get emotional and try and pull on the heartstrings of the jury we will through the case out or something along those lines. the poor woman you could see was like a robot and it didn't feel natural.

i'm unsure if similar applies here though.

I know of the aaron hernandez name but haven't seen the netflix documentary.

I think humanizing can be saying things relatable to other people.

Having said that I'm not sure it would work on these offenders. But its worth a try.

In my world they would be getting a public whipping :cool:

Soldato
So today was a bit of a bust really, they got started early, the scum decided they still wanted a trial much to the prosecution barristers confusion given how clear cut the CCTV was, apparently its just a matter of what level of involvement those two had and that it could now run on until Friday. Suffice to say they ran out of time and I have to go back in tomorrow only this time I'll have to go in alone, I haven't been anywhere alone in 18 months and I'm quite frankly terrified. I can't give any more details than that as I don't know anything.

What really wound me up today though was that absolute ******* disgrace former colleague of mine being there in the Witness suite, not by his own choice he'd been summoned and wasn't happy about being there. Yet despite sharing a room with me for most of the day he didn't so much as look at me or bother talking to me. Just stared at the floor, couldn't help but just shake my head in utter disbelief. Guilty conscience much? You're likely still here because I stepped in to protect you, you've not missed a nights work or had anything to deal with since it happened. Yet not only do you not bother yourself to visit me in hospital but you can't even look at me or speak to me when we're in a room together. You absolute helmet! It just makes me so angry! I'm not expecting him to kiss the ground I walk on or anything just some blasted acknowledgement.

I just want to say this post was mostly just about me having a vent about things last night, but I really do appreciate all the kind words and wishes.

Anyway I'll update you guys some more once I'm home tomorrow as I really need to get some food and sleep.

i hope you get justice but with the state of this system im not holding my hopes on that, i really hope you do, i have experience of ass hats like that first hand.

i wish you all the best and your colleague is a utter **** :(

Man of Honour
So today was a bit of a bust really, they got started early, the scum decided they still wanted a trial much to the prosecution barristers confusion given how clear cut the CCTV was, apparently its just a matter of what level of involvement those two had and that it could now run on until Friday. Suffice to say they ran out of time and I have to go back in tomorrow only this time I'll have to go in alone, I haven't been anywhere alone in 18 months and I'm quite frankly terrified. I can't give any more details than that as I don't know anything.

What really wound me up today though was that absolute ******* disgrace former colleague of mine being there in the Witness suite, not by his own choice he'd been summoned and wasn't happy about being there. Yet despite sharing a room with me for most of the day he didn't so much as look at me or bother talking to me. Just stared at the floor, couldn't help but just shake my head in utter disbelief. Guilty conscience much? You're likely still here because I stepped in to protect you, you've not missed a nights work or had anything to deal with since it happened. Yet not only do you not bother yourself to visit me in hospital but you can't even look at me or speak to me when we're in a room together. You absolute helmet! It just makes me so angry! I'm not expecting him to kiss the ground I walk on or anything just some blasted acknowledgement.

I just want to say this post was mostly just about me having a vent about things last night, but I really do appreciate all the kind words and wishes.

Anyway I'll update you guys some more once I'm home tomorrow as I really need to get some food and sleep.

I feel for you, the whole situation is horrendous. I hope you get the justice that is deserved, but I worry that you won't. Hopefully after this you can muster everything you have left to move on as best you can.

I just read this on BBC News and thought of your case - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51107326. Our justice system is a joke.

It's also frustrating to see the usual GD drivel in here too. There are just no words for some people.

Associate
I feel for you, the whole situation is horrendous. I hope you get the justice that is deserved, but I worry that you won't. Hopefully after this you can muster everything you have left to move on as best you can.

I just read this on BBC News and thought of your case - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51107326. Our justice system is a joke.

It's also frustrating to see the usual GD drivel in here too. There are just no words for some people.

I read that this morning but I felt she took absolutely no responsibility for her actions. Not only did she break the law herself, but she also seems to fully blame the driver that she was quite happy to hand the keys over to thinking it was a good idea. Had it not ended badly she probably wouldn't have thought twice about it. 5 years is a joke for the driver however.

Sgarrista
Commissario

Well if hes not entering a guilty plea then he wont get a more lenient sentence, likewise it shows a lack of remorse.

If anything youre more likely to see him banged up now!

Caporegime
Was meaning to ask : if there was a group of 6, why are only 2 up on GBH?

Doesn't matter if you have cctv. You need to be able to ID the person. Without a full name to go on or something personal linking them then they are likely never found.

I provided cctv footage to cops as well as the guys mate who's house he had stayed the night at. he denied he knew him and said he was a mate of a mate. cops never found him.

Soldato
Sorry, yeah it's coming back to me now. DNA database hit off the bottle from an old offence, which led to him and his brother. Safe to assume they wouldn't give the names of their associates...

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Cops could only trace 2 of the suspects far as I remember from the original thread.
It does strike me as odd in this country with things like this. You can see people hanging around together on CCTV, they all take part in the same nefarious, illegal act yet suddenly "I don't know them" comes into play and everything goes cold with no trace or lead to follow up on. Perhaps my mind is naive in thinking they would cough up names whilst under oath, but then that means absolutely sod all in this day and age...

All the best Vidar, the original thread is still quite vividly in my memory. Hopefully you'll get some closure and feel justice served once the sentencing is complete.

Soldato
OP
Well I'm absolutely ******* furious! Having sat around most of the morning the prosecution barrister, Detective and a guy from the CPS came to tell me the good news that they changed their plea to guilty! But......... for the lesser offence of Affray so I now don't need to give evidence. I'm absolutely livid!

0-PPR-LEC-110918-CCTVCrocodile-Pub.jpg

It's all been pinned on this guy who yeah was the main one but nobody knows who the hell he is so that's it! Sentencing is on Friday but it is likely just a suspended sentence oh and I might get awarded compensation but it won't be much and they can get away with paying as little as a £1 a month if they want depending on circumstances.

I didn't even get to have a look at them, all I know is they're Called Leonard and Paul Holt and that they're from somewhere around Liverpool.

I'm left like this and they've all gotten away with it, it's not right!

Soldato

Just be careful posting anything on a public forum when it is going down the legal/court route. I wish you good luck.

Caporegime
It's a common tactic to wait until the last minute to see if the witnesses turn up to give evidence then do a plea deal.

Had no witnesses turned up they just go away scot free.

So they wait for the last minute possible then do a deal.

Fairly common I'm afraid happens with most cases where they have a good lawyer and are smart enough to know if it goes to trial they will likely lose.

So I wouldn't get too down about it. It's what normally happens. You should have been briefed by people in the know.

Back
Top Bottom