BBC radio host Nicholas Parsons has died.

Man of Honour
Oh no... :(

He was a wonderful, talented, entertaining, charming, intelligent, fascinating figure.

Just a Minute won't be the same.

R.I.P. :(

Soldato
Wow, very sad.

He was an old guy for years. While I was bedridden a few years back and could only listen to the radio, Just A Minute was always a funny programme to listen to. It didn't matter who was on the show he always managed to keep control in his unique and funny way.

Man of Honour
Oh no, such a shame. I'll really miss him on Just a Minute. I hope they don't continue it with a new host.

They didn't with ISIHAC when Humph died, so I suspect they won't with JaM. Just need to find the right host.

Maybe a series with guest hosts? Could be a way to tame Giles Brandreth? ;)

Associate
I hope if I make it to 96, I still have my marbles like he did
I used to think Sale of the Century (from Norwich!) was the best quiz show ever when I was a young kid, but luckily moved on quickly to appreciating Just a Minute - he owned that programme
I remember hearing Desert Island Discs years ago, and he trained as a Marine Engineer or similar

Soldato
Wow he was pretty much relevant all the way through my life in one way or another.

One of the last of the old guard, these guys are irreplaceable.

RIP

Associate
They didn't with ISIHAC when Humph died, so I suspect they won't with JaM. Just need to find the right host.

Maybe a series with guest hosts? Could be a way to tame Giles Brandreth? ;)

Didn't they have a run somewhat recently without Nicholas or am I just making that up? It won't be the same but I feel not continuing with JaM would be a mistake and an insult to what NP helped make it.

Back
Top Bottom