Gaming Machine

Associate
Hi looking for gaming machine but dont want to build myself. Can anyone recommend a system that will be suitable for things like star citizen and future titles to be released this year. My budget is around 1k

Soldato
That motherboard has very bad supermarket PC level CPU VRM with flimsy phases and total lack of heatsinks.
So bad for upgrading CPU to higher ones.
In couple years you would want 8 cores/16 threads considering that's what nex-gen consoles will bring into mainstream before Christmas.
And I think that eternity project called Star Citizen should be also good at using cores.

And that Kolink PSU is low end cheapo with design from time of Hadrian's Wall in PC tech time scale.
After case quality PSU is the longest potential life span having part in gaming PC.
And that doesn't even reach medieval mid level.

Also that SSD would be pretty much in full use after installing Modern Warfare.
500GB SSD should be minimum in gaming PC unless having really shoe string budget.

Associate
I would call sales and ask them to recommend a PC based on your budget, there is a lot of price fluctuation at the moment especially in mid-range GPU’s, memory, and storage.

It’s worth investing in a good motherboard, especially with Ryzen since forward compatibility is guaranteed until the new consumer DDR5 systems start shipping.

There are some decent X570 motherboards at a reasonable price.

Personally I would go for a system:

Ryzen 3600 (possibly 3700X)
B450 or X570 Motherboard
16GB 3200MHz+ CL14 Memory
500GB NVMe SSD (Gen 3 is sufficient)
RTX2060 (if around £270) or RX5700XT if budget allows

I’ve always found sales super helpful and patient.

Back
Top Bottom