Weird xbox pad not responding (now fixed)

Soldato
Hi so I thought I'd post this incase anyone else has similar, or if anyone knows what could cause it.

So I always use my xbox pad with my PC via a blootooth 4.1 /WiFi combo pci(e?)card.

It's always worked flawlessly and never mistreated. Today it just wouldn't work.

The pad powered on fine but when launching several games to check, non of the buttons on the pad were responding, so I couldn't press a button to start the game from the menu, or quit or do anything.

The Bluetooth control panel bit of windows 10 showed the xbox pad was visible and connected. So I was stumped.

Do I did a search and found a video that showed some sort of reset, where you hold down the xbox (circular illuminated button) then press up and right on the D-pad.

This turned the pad off instantly as opposed to holding the xbox button down for several seconds to power it off.

Powered it back up and it's working fine again.

I'm just curious as to whether anyone else had experienced this and what might cause it.

It seems to be some sort of reset function, but not something I'd come across before.

Soldato
OP
Also would it do any harm to use this method to switch the pad off in future, as just holding the xbox button down seems to take ages.

Back
Top Bottom