older corsair cases EOL?

Associate
Hi, i'm looking to upgrade my case soon and I like the high airflow corsair cases, however some of the good ones are showing out of stock, is this due to them being superseded by the crystal range? I was looking at the air 540, 750D airflow or 450D airflow. I Prefer them to the crystal cases on paper due to not having tempered glass front panels

Associate
OP
That's a shame. they would come into their own nowadays with me just having ssd's, you could remove the bay at the front and just have the M.2 on the board and a SATA SSD mounted on the right side of the case and get very good cooling, and the looks are pretty timeless just because of how simple and clean they are. The only thing which harms it is having USB 2.0 on the front panel, it wouldn't function with my x570 board. Alternatively there's only really the coolermaster H500 range which will lose the 5.25 bays, or the corsair graphite which I don't like the look of. Everything just seems to be tempered glass

OcUK Staff
That's a shame. they would come into their own nowadays with me just having ssd's, you could remove the bay at the front and just have the M.2 on the board and a SATA SSD mounted on the right side of the case and get very good cooling, and the looks are pretty timeless just because of how simple and clean they are. The only thing which harms it is having USB 2.0 on the front panel, it wouldn't function with my x570 board. Alternatively there's only really the coolermaster H500 range which will lose the 5.25 bays, or the corsair graphite which I don't like the look of. Everything just seems to be tempered glass

Perhaps consider one of these?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £277.79 (includes shipping: £20.82)​

Phanteks generally outperform Corsair in almost every area.

Associate
Can we still get the 900D? I was also wondering what steps to undertake if painting. I have a lunar white monitor, keyboard and mouse, and was wondering if I can paint some of the panels this colour? Not sure how I'd get the paint for it though..

Permabanned
Can we still get the 900D? I was also wondering what steps to undertake if painting. I have a lunar white monitor, keyboard and mouse, and was wondering if I can paint some of the panels this colour? Not sure how I'd get the paint for it though..

You can still buy it but its been replaced by the 1000d now which is very much aimed at water cooling

Associate
Perhaps consider one of these?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £277.79 (includes shipping: £20.82)

Phanteks generally outperform Corsair in almost every area.
I can recommend the Enthoo pro M case.

+1 for the enthoo pro m, i had that before switching to the p600s and its a great case for airflow
there is a few versions of the enthoo pro m too.. like window or solid panel depending on your preference

only reason i switched was because the p600s ticked more boxes for what i wanted (hinged side panel instead of screws is so much easier when dusting inside :D )

Associate
That's a shame, I looked at all the similar cases in great detail before buying the 450D over Xmas.

It's an amazing case in my opinion, the aluminium front grill is almost icy cold to the touch with all that airflow and the acrylic window will never shatter like tempered glass can - I've seen at least 5 instances of that on forums this year alone.

I honestly wouldn't swap it for any other case. I reallly hope they bring it back or update it withot blocking airflow with glass like so many new cases do.

Back
Top Bottom