• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Do you need to apply the OC each time you restart to PC?
Yep.

At the moment I am actually running stock just to see if I get any blue screens as I recently changed my RAM and want to rule out the CPU.

Once I am happy I will input the settings into my BIOS and use the OC 24/7.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ok, so decided to stick the all core 4400MHz OC at 1.275v in the BIOS and see how it goes, but for some reason it is displaying as peak voltage of only 1.1v in Ryzen Master and also the same in HWINFO 64. Don't get why, any ideas?

What I can say is I did run Cinebench and got the same score as I got before when only overclocking via Ryzen Master profiles. No crashes or anything.

All I did in the BIOS is change the multiplier from 36 which is the default to 44 and then input the voltage which was on auto before. Have I missed something?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Same for me, RM just gets bugged out by the manual voltage, HWINFO shows correct volts. NO need for RM when bios overclocking so does not bother me.

8anqAKu.png

Just tried the newer BETA version which made no difference. But I do see that I was looking at the Core 0-5 VID's which for each one shows 1.1V.

I scrolled down and had a look at CPU Core Voltage in the same place as you and you are right it shows the same as yours. It's weird as when I do the OC via Ryzen Master the Core VID's showed 1.275v so I was expecting to see the same when doing it via BIOS. Oh well, no big deal. With future updates I am sure these reading errors will all be fixed.

Makes no difference to the performance or stability which is all that matters. Will test it like this and see how it goes. At least now I do not have to manually apply it every time in Ryzen Master.

Version is in the image, it's beta. Core VID shows 1.1 but you don't go by that.
Yeah, just got thrown of by it as it always showed correctly before when using Ryzen Master. No big deal. Thanks for your input.

Soldato
4.3Ghz over 1.3volts too. Might just be the chip.

I need 1.41v to get 4300mhz all core stable. If i drop the clocks to 4275mhz 1.38 is enough. That said I don't mess with anything other core clock and vcore in Ryzen Master. Haven't bothered with bios overclocking yet as it feeds my vega 64 just fine as it is now.

Associate
I seem to get a better overclock on Ryzen Master when I put it on game mode and changing the clocks instead of doing it in the bios?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I seem to get a better overclock on Ryzen Master when I put it on game mode and changing the clocks instead of doing it in the bios?
To my knowledge Game Mode is no different than any other profile. I used to rename all my profiles when testing, it is just a name, does not make any difference, to me anyways. As for doing it in BIOS, so far identical performance, so just saves me having to apply the OC each time in Ryzen Master.

I need 1.41v to get 4300mhz all core stable. If i drop the clocks to 4275mhz 1.38 is enough. That said I don't mess with anything other core clock and vcore in Ryzen Master. Haven't bothered with bios overclocking yet as it feeds my vega 64 just fine as it is now.
So far only me and Raven managed to get a good clocker from the people who post in here. He ended up getting a newer batch like mine as his old one did not OC much from what I recall.

4.4GHz all core is a nice OC, especially for a 3600. What makes it sweeter is that it works at 1.275v which mean it runs cooler than stock :)

Soldato
To my knowledge Game Mode is no different than any other profile. I used to rename all my profiles when testing, it is just a name, does not make any difference, to me anyways. As for doing it in BIOS, so far identical performance, so just saves me having to apply the OC each time in Ryzen Master.

So far only me and Raven managed to get a good clocker from the people who post in here. He ended up getting a newer batch like mine as his old one did not OC much from what I recall.

4.4GHz all core is a nice OC, especially for a 3600. What makes it sweeter is that it works at 1.275v which mean it runs cooler than stock :)

Got more salt for my wound ? :D /joke

Soldato
I get the feeling the 4600 won't be out until then anyway. I assume you would not need more than £80 to upgrade anyways after selling the 3600.
It's fine really, the 3600 is a good chip and it will be put into a mini server ones it retires from my main rig cause i really miss my old jack of all trades server i had.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's fine really, the 3600 is a good chip and it will be put into a mini server ones it retires from my main rig cause i really miss my old jack of all trades server i had.
Yeah. For me it will go in my partners PC. No way am I selling this CPU.

My next upgrade will be in about 2-3 years time I recon. Will grab an AM5 board with a 5900X and pass my current mobo and RAM to my partners PC. Then some day when I see a cheap 4900X on members market I will replace the 3600 with that. Likely in 5+ years time. Win win :)

Associate

Are you at a constant 4.4ghz or is that just boosting up to that?

Back
Top Bottom