• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Would I just lower the 16-16-16-32 to get the ns down?
I am not the man to talk to. I have seen Ryzen 3k screenshots with latency barely below 60ms.
Overall first up on IF speed, then down on main timings, then tweak the secondary and teritary timings.

Associate
Asus taking the mick with the x370 1004 updates. It was when I waiting for just three weeks that I decided to move to TRX40, but I didn't expect that going into Feb 2020 they still haven't released x370 updates.

Soldato
Asus taking the mick with the x370 1004 updates. It was when I waiting for just three weeks that I decided to move to TRX40, but I didn't expect that going into Feb 2020 they still haven't released x370 updates.

I'm getting impatient and contemplating buying a new mobo.

By switching mobo, I'd also stand a chance of getting my FCLK up higher than 1800MHz as it could be the mobo that is the limiting factor.

Everything is running nicely at the moment tho :o

I've been eyeing up the B450 Tomahawk as a cheap upgrade as it seems to get good reviews on here.

Soldato
£170... bit pricey considering I already got a board. Can I justify it?

The one thing I'm thinking as I am planning to get a 3000 series Nvidia card when they launch the PCI-E 4 might come in handy.

We are not expecting an x670 this year are we?

I doubt you need to worry about pcie4 for Gpus for atleast 5 years as the top tier cards have only just started maxing out pcie2

Caporegime
AMD needs to get their dept payed off while they can so it's good to see things are going well.

Yeah.

AMD are currently valued at $57b, they have $1.47b in cash, $4.6b in assets.

$486m is not a lot of debt to them now, they could pay that off in one go right now if they wanted to tho to keep your credit rating it is a good idea to keep a small debt going even if you don't need it.

I don't know when that $486m is due paybable but they would probably want to keep $200 to $300m debt ticking over.

In reality AMD no longer have a debt problem, they are actually in a pretty healthy situation with that now.

Soldato
B550 boards won't be far behind (lol).

B550 is a pointless distraction at this point, when the B450 boards from the like if MSI are so good, and excellent value.

X570 on the other hand wasn't an ideal implementation, using the I/O die for the chipset, maybe X670 will rectify that, guess we'll find out in about 10 months. :)

Back
Top Bottom