anyone played any of these?

Soldato
I stopped reading the content when I saw Pandemic rated as "Hard" - it's actually an incredibly easy entry-level game - but I skimmed the list of games. There's honestly not much similarity between most of them and computer games, except insofar as there are computer strategy games. Gloomhaven and Scythe have actually been converted to PC as well.

The list also omits a few PC games that have become boardgames: Master of Orion was released a few years ago, Paradox's Crusader Kings is already out with Hearts of Iron and Europa Universalis to follow, and like EU Sid Meier's Civilisation is a PC game based on a boardgame that became a boardgame again (twice). Another missing game is Sanctum, a recent release from CGE that is literally Diablo: The Game.

Man of Honour
Pandemic, not played the original, but Fall of Rome and Reign of Cthuhlu are excellent. Wouldn't say they're very hard though.

Fallout is fine... It's not good, or bad. Just fine. It's very much like Bethesda games. Too many things wrong to make it great.

No mention of This War of Mine though?

Associate
Played a few of them, not particularly fond of most of the ones I have played on that list.
Betrayal at House on the Hill is the most fun on that list with a decent sized group of friends, I feel like they should put the difficulty as "easy to medium" as there's 50 different scenarios in that game each with their own level of difficulty.
Pandemic is okay, it gets very boring once you know how to win as it's extremely easy... it's a little more fun with the the On the Brink expansion.

I'm actually sort of amazed that not one of the following was included in the article:
  • Settlers of Catan
  • Carcassonne
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Small World
  • Mansions of Madness
  • 7 Wonders

Soldato
I'd agree with Pandemic being easy, I've played most versions of it now and the base game is very simple.

I quite like Fallout TBG as I like the quest system, I'm not fussed on winning as long as I get to explore lots.

XCOM wasn't on the list, thats probably my favourite game>boardgame conversion. It is pretty easy but I like the timed app playing as the aliens which adds a little pressure to your turn.

Associate
OP
Played a few of them, not particularly fond of most of the ones I have played on that list.
Betrayal at House on the Hill is the most fun on that list with a decent sized group of friends, I feel like they should put the difficulty as "easy to medium" as there's 50 different scenarios in that game each with their own level of difficulty.
Pandemic is okay, it gets very boring once you know how to win as it's extremely easy... it's a little more fun with the the On the Brink expansion.

I'm actually sort of amazed that not one of the following was included in the article:
  • Settlers of Catan
  • Carcassonne
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Small World
  • Mansions of Madness
  • 7 Wonders
I have ticket to ride and carcassoone and they are both good games

Associate
OP
Pandemic, not played the original, but Fall of Rome and Reign of Cthuhlu are excellent. Wouldn't say they're very hard though.

Fallout is fine... It's not good, or bad. Just fine. It's very much like Bethesda games. Too many things wrong to make it great.

No mention of This War of Mine though?
is "this war of mine" a board game then?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom