Epson xp 960 cloned cartridges problem

Associate
Hi

I have been trying to install some clone print cartridges for my Epson xp 960 printer.

The printer recognised all the cartridges and I get the warning that it isn’t official ink. All the ink monitors show full but only the black will print.

I have tried every solution I can find on the internet including turning off the ink monitor.

One thing is that all the ways to solve the printer accepting the cartridges problem is that they based on the printer not recognising the cartridges.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Soldato
It sounds like the heads are blocked, have you ran the head/nozzle clean.

Im really getting a dislike for epson printers as they go through the ink carts so fast, even the compatible ones that are suppose to be full.

I have turned to brother printers now as their ink carts are massive and only sips the ink.. Plus they automatically check for blocked nozzles every week or so if the printer isn't used.

Associate
OP
Hi and thank you for your reply.
I put the original proper Epson cartridges in just to check if they would still work and they printed out fine. Could it be the heads if they are printing out ok?
Thanks again !

Soldato
Hi and thank you for your reply.
I put the original proper Epson cartridges in just to check if they would still work and they printed out fine. Could it be the heads if they are printing out ok?
Thanks again !
Not being funny or anything but have you removed all the yellow tape from the carts? If so, I would ring or send the ink suppliers a email..

I always use internet-ink for my compatable inks.. Try not to go for the cheapest ink suppliers you can find, or you may have problems and might even damage your printer aswel.

Associate
the heads are actually on the cartridges. but if you're using cartridges rather than a ciss you will have problems because to clean them you need to empty the cartridge of ink, fill it with printer cleaning fluid then use a syringe to force the fluid out. that will clean the heads thoroughly, you do need to do it a few times. i had exactly the same problem with my xp960...and using the head cleaning system built will waste gallons of ink, and fill the excess ink pads...

if you use your printer a lot i defo recommend a ciss (continuous ink supply system) that's a bunch of external ranks which keep the cartridges full and negate the need to buy replacement cartridges. however when the printer reports the cartridge empty you still have to go through the motions of swapping the cartridge, but only releasing it so the contacts are separated then pop it back in it's good to go....

another quick one; swapping out the excess ink pads for an external tank is a good move as well...there is a purpose built one called the printer potty which ejects the ink, via a tube to the external tank...

when you get the 'printer needs service' message there are outlets which sell reset software so you can carry on as normal.

just a quick point about the cartridges and ink drama; wear some latex gloves or something because the ink does end up going all over the place and it's a nightmare to get off your hands

Back
Top Bottom