Virtual Printer setup help

Soldato
Hi Folks

I need to set up a virtual printer that will print to file that can then be saved to dropbox. (without user intervention)

My Epos system currently prints to 2 printers bar and kitchen depending on what is ordered. So everything that is ordered will print on bar and food will go direct to the kitchen.

We may be having thefts whereby food is ordered as normal but then voided off afterwards. Our system doesn't give a time stamp so are struggling to track these down.

I've set up a virtual printer but cant seem to get it to print to it let alone save to dropbox folder.

I've set up as a local printer and Port File: (print to file)

Any ideas.

Cheers
Matt

Soldato
It feels like you’re trying to solve this the wrong way round. Surely you have some form of void auditing showing who voided what and when?

Soldato
OP
It feels like you’re trying to solve this the wrong way round. Surely you have some form of void auditing showing who voided what and when?
It shows voids but If they send a breakfast through to the kitchen on a tab then void a breakfast 5hrs later they can claim it was a mistake at the void time not the order time... It frustrating and i have brought this up with the developers

Soldato
OP
I used to work installing epos systems and I have seen plenty people been fired over stock 'miss management'. We had it where a bar manager was stealing creates of beer and selling it. They where caught because of the stock management system. :)
We only opened in May. A small team. 25 cover Cafe and £3k worth of stock gone in 6 months..... CCTV helped a lot.

He still can't get his head around the amount that went. But having a "Free" pint after every shift and the odd bottle of wine adds up.

Soldato
OP
Idiot! Are you the CEO? As in 25 staff or as in 25 cover cafe is the name of the cafe?

No as in our cafe can seat 25 people so only small. I employ over 50 People across a number of businesses but the others are B2B so never had to worry about theft.

Its done now. Moving on. Lessons have been learnt and processes put into place to stop or limit the risk in future

Back
Top Bottom