£15k to £20k non depreciating impractical fun car?

Man of Honour
I am likely to come into a little money later in the year. For the first time ever I am thinking of possibly selling my Corrado and putting some of the money towards another fun car. So I would like suggestions.

I don't need it to be practical. I already have a nice family car (Evoque) and a shed car for other times (Peugeot 206). So I would like to consider what options there are out there.

Price up to around 20k
Petrol
Two seats preferred... but not essential
Completely impractical
Occasional use only
Will be garaged
Must be holding money or going up (Corrado is now appreciating so wouldn't want to sell it for something depreciating)

For example an Elise comes to mind. What else should I be considering? Thanks.

Associate
This has Mx5 all over it, it will out smile everything else.
You can pick up a couple of year old ND mk4 for that money, heck do your sums right with a little extra and you could get a new Mk4 refresh with its 180 odd hp motor.

Soldato
This has Mx5 all over it, it will out smile everything else.
You can pick up a couple of year old ND mk4 for that money, heck do your sums right with a little extra and you could get a new Mk4 refresh with its 180 odd hp motor.
key point "non depreciating"

an nd will depreciate for many years to come..

Soldato
Pretty much any Lotus Elise S1/S2 or Caterham is a good bet.

It wont be long before Americans can import S1s, then the values will rise even faster.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Caterham. Buy a desirable model with good spec and depreciation will be minimal. They're an absolute hoot to drive as well.

Back
Top Bottom