Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Caporegime
OP
Playing ground war on Saturday and it was hilarious, the kill cam on one guy showed me shooting him, he jumped off the quad bike and snap aimed straight to my head.

obvious PC player who is either top tier or a blatant cheat lol.

Soldato
Playing ground war on Saturday and it was hilarious, the kill cam on one guy showed me shooting him, he jumped off the quad bike and snap aimed straight to my head.

obvious PC player who is either top tier or a blatant cheat lol.

PC servers are full of brazen hackers.

They have waves of account bans here and there but it's usually far too little too late.

It's the reason I moved to console when COD AW was getting ridiculous and Steam were doing FA about it.

People were even posting YouTube vids of themselves hacking and hacking 'how to' videos too.

I MVP'd lobbies often on PC, and since moving to console I'm lucky if I get positive KD! :p But at least it's a level playing field and the servers are honest (for the most part).

Caporegime
OP
PC servers are full of brazen hackers.

They have waves of account bans here and there but it's usually far too little too late.

It's the reason I moved to console when COD AW was getting ridiculous and Steam were doing FA about it.

People were even posting YouTube vids of themselves hacking and hacking 'how to' videos too.

I MVP'd lobbies often on PC, and since moving to console I'm lucky if I get positive KD! :p But at least it's a level playing field and the servers are honest (for the most part).

it’s the worst thing about ground war to be honest and is so annoying when you see it.

Soldato
it’s the worst thing about ground war to be honest and is so annoying when you see it.

It's a multi million dollar industry, unfortunately. Just look at what happened with CS Go when it went free.

Something like 600,000 VAC bans in a month. That will just be the obvious ones. Dedicated hackers can do it for years and beat the system. Pro / tournament players also getting caught out too!

South Korea have the right idea. Up to 5 years in jail and up to $40k fines for producing/distribution of game hacks....... :eek:

Ok maybe a bit harsh :p

Or is it? Considering a hack producer can secure $1m+ in annual revenue from their hacks. Some sites charge monthly subs and can bag $10 - $30+ a month per user.

The end result is toxic online environments and damage to the online experience for honest users.

At least on console only servers it's more of a level playing field. But I do wonder whether cross play will become the norm and the relatively safe haven of console servers will be wide open to abuse.

Soldato
What platform is considered best for this? Both single player and MP?

I've recently got a pro but I also have an X.

Haven't played COD on playstation since blops3.

Asking as this has dropped in price and I'm going against my better judgement and considering jumping in :p

Soldato
Anybody play hardcore S&D? It's what I play usually

What platform is considered best for this? Both single player and MP?

I've recently got a pro but I also have an X.

Haven't played COD on playstation since blops3.

Asking as this has dropped in price and I'm going against my better judgement and considering jumping in :p

Multiplayer is cross platform.

Not sure that really helps :p

Soldato
Anybody play hardcore S&D? It's what I play usually

Multiplayer is cross platform.

Not sure that really helps :p

Hehe. I meant more in terms of console performance and network performance / capability of live vs plus.

I have read ps4 pro is the platform of choice due to more reliable fps due to render scaling. Read the 1x is poorly optimised and suffers with screen tearing and fps drops.

Wondered what you folks thought and what your experiences were.

(I lean more towards better, more reliable network and solid FPS over bells and whistles).

Soldato
I plumped for ps4 pro version as I read it runs just that bit better.

Today has been the first day I have managed to play properly.

The day started really well. Great hit reg and the game felt good. Got some good scores and even managed an MVP and believe it or not that's the first time (ever) I have done that on console. I was doing better than I ever have on COD on console ever.

Also had a new map every game. Happy days.

Then I took a break for Sunday lunch and came back and things were OK but I felt like I had lost my edge. I was losing more and more 1on1 gunfights.

Then it just went down hill from there. Lag. Insta death. my KD plummeted and I was struggling to get a kill. Also kept getting same few maps over and over. Not sure why - I couldn't see any voting functions (maybe I missed it?).

So I have called it a day. Enjoyed it overall. Best CoD in years in my view. Just a shame the servers seemed to crap out and make it really hard work.

Associate
So i thought id have a little play on COD over the weekend, first time for over a month so as you can imagine there were a tonne of updates. But the most annoying thing was the latest patch seemed to wipe all of my online data like stats, weapon load louts etc, the only thing that remained was my rank level. So frustrating...

Back
Top Bottom