Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Yep, unplayable for me now, in the first or second game, I get the dev errors... GPU and CPU stress tested for a good 20 minutes and no issues, all other games are fine. I've tried all the 'fixes' and sadly, I'm out of ideas. Going to reinstall the game as well as clean graphics drivers, but aside from that. I'll just have to wait for Activision to fix it.

Soldato
Yep, unplayable for me now, in the first or second game, I get the dev errors... GPU and CPU stress tested for a good 20 minutes and no issues, all other games are fine. I've tried all the 'fixes' and sadly, I'm out of ideas. Going to reinstall the game as well as clean graphics drivers, but aside from that. I'll just have to wait for Activision to fix it.
Delete the config file and start the game in safe mode

Associate
Has anyone tried this with controller?

I always like Modern Warfare (have it for PS4) but would prefer to play on new PC rig. Is aim assist and stuff the same?

I know it's blasphemy to talk about non-keyboard and mouse but I never really got on with it :)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Has anyone tried this with controller?

I always like Modern Warfare (have it for PS4) but would prefer to play on new PC rig. Is aim assist and stuff the same?

I know it's blasphemy to talk about non-keyboard and mouse but I never really got on with it :)

Only use a pad here. I turned down aim assist in the menu but it’s certainly available if you want it. I found aim assist a bit OTT though.

Associate
Only use a pad here. I turned down aim assist in the menu but it’s certainly available if you want it. I found aim assist a bit OTT though.

Interesting thanks!

I like the fact I can play against other controller users but still play on PC - I really hope more games offer this down the line.

Now to decide whether to sell my PS4 copy and buy the PC version. The season pass one seems a bit pricey, but there's no maps that are locked away with normal version right?

I've been shot a few times with people being a bit... Off.

But normally, I'll watch killcam back and I can hear my character coming and they react to the noise.

I think those with decent sound setup have a great advantage. I know I've been labelled as a wall hacker a couple of times because of it. Threw a knife preempting a running target as he went through a door. He shouted that he had that silence running perk on at the time, even so, you can still hear the footsteps.

Yeah I have to admit it is not that often that the above happens, usually it's fair play and they are just better than me (or are using headphones). :)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Interesting thanks!

I like the fact I can play against other controller users but still play on PC - I really hope more games offer this down the line.

Now to decide whether to sell my PS4 copy and buy the PC version. The season pass one seems a bit pricey, but there's no maps that are locked away with normal version right?

I’d buy the base version unless you like unlocking junk constantly. All weapons and perks are available without the Battle Pass or whatever it’s called, maps are free too.

Some people like the that stuff but I’m not a fan.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I die so much in this game, totally due to me running around and using the Joker, such a satisfying weapon :)

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh......... tick tick tick Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Associate
I’d buy the base version unless you like unlocking junk constantly. All weapons and perks are available without the Battle Pass or whatever it’s called, maps are free too.

Some people like the that stuff but I’m not a fan.

Perfect!

I don't mind that kind of stuff but only when I'm really into a game so maybe I can see how much I play first of all.

Haven't played much on PS4 as none of my friends play so figured I might as well try on new PC instead. Can sell my PS4 copy for 30 quid and get new PC version for 37

Soldato
Yeah I have to admit it is not that often that the above happens, usually it's fair play and they are just better than me (or are using headphones). :)

Aye, I've yet to truly sit back and think 'yep, their cheating'. The pad players are annoying with their snap on feature, but generally it's a trade off with the fact they can't 180 their camera anywhere nearly as quick as kb/m. So it doesn't bother me more than it bothers others.

Soldato
Delete the config file and start the game in safe mode

Is this a known fix? Or is this just a guess?

I'm super sad this issue is happening as this is the first time I've had a 'go to' FPS game for a while, seeing as Overwatch is just saturated with twink accounts and is horribly unbalanced all the time.

Soldato
It must be your hardware or software problem what's your specs, do you have loads of lighting and sound / oc software installed, are you overclocked, installed Anything new recently?

The only change was WC'ing and a i9 9900k upgrade from a i7 8700k, using the term 'upgrade' loosely lol. My GPU is a EVGA 2080 ti XC Ultra, both GPU and CPU under water. The GPU is +150 on the core, +1000 on the memory with 130% power target. Using OCCT on the most intense test. After 1 hour, no errors found. CPU is at 4.8Ghz on all cores with a healthy vcore of 1.23v, respectively this has been through Cinebench, P95, Aida64 Extreme (paid version) and OCCT. All run for an hour (except Cinebench) and no errors/crashing.

CPU sits at 60C under extensive load, GPU at 45C under extensive load.

I'm going to test removing the GPU overclock as I read once or twice on Reddit that even with a stable GPU overclock, it can cause the crash.

Also, with all of the above, I can play any other game for hours on end without a hiccup.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would have thought that setting the gpu to stock settings would be the first thing to try if a gpu intensive game crashes.
Similar to cpu to stock if a cpu intensive game crashes

Back
Top Bottom