Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
If a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment,"

Basically, if Trump believes that getting re-elected is in the public interest, then any Quid Pro Quo that helps him get elected must also be in the public interest!

This is the corner the GoP have forced themselves in to but it is very dangerous. When there is next s Dem president then they could do all kinds of incredible things to endure they win the presidency.

Soldato
lol.gif
Not mine, but a good summary of how absurd this circus is.

ALL THE WITNESSES: Ok we all agree. This is what happened.

REPUBLICANS: None of you were in the room!

BOLTON: \*raises hand\* Well I was in the...

REPUBLICANS: Who asked you?! Shut up! You’re a liberal pawn!

BOLTON: Um... I’m actually I’m a lifelong Republican and I was literally Trump’s national security advi...

REPUBLICANS: Shut your mustache! Somebody bring back the first national security advisor.

FLYNN: \*in orange jumpsuit\* Hey sorry guys I’m in jail.

REPUBLICANS: What? Why?

FLYNN: For lying to the FBI about the Russia investigation.

REPUBLICANS: Well what idiot told you to do that?!

FLYNN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! No one believes either of you!

KELLY: \*raises hand\* I believe them. And I was Trump’s Chief of sta...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! Let’s talk to the real chief of staff. Who is he?

MULVANEY: \*raises hand\* It’s me.

REPUBLICANS: ****. Never mind.

PARNAS: \*raises hand\* I was also in the room. In fact, here’s a cell phone video of the President saying that...

REPUBLICANS: Wait what?! How in hell did you sneak a cell phone into a meeting with the President?

PARNAS: It was easy I just walked right in and...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! You’re a criminal!

PARNAS: Correct. And I just walked right into...

TRUMP: I don’t know him.

PARNAS: And here’s 500 pictures of me with the President because we’re besties.

REPUBLICANS: Wait... What idiot introduced you to the President??

PARNAS: His personal lawyer.

REPUBLICANS: Cohen??

COHEN: \*also in orange jumpsuit\* Hey no sorry guys I’m in jail too.

REPUBLICANS: Why?

COHEN: For campaign finance violations.

REPUBLICANS: Who’s campaign?

COHEN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up!

PARNAS: It was Giuliani.

YOVANOVITCH: Giuliani! That’s the guy who had me fired from my job!

REPUBLICANS: Who are you??

YOVANOVITCH: I was the ambassador to Ukraine.

REPUBLICANS: Wait, you had her fired? Do you work for the government??

GIULIANI: Nope.

REPUBLICANS: Well who is the ambassador to the European Union??

SONDLAND: \*raises hand\* Me. I was also in the roo...

REPUBLICANS: F@$&!!!

PUTIN: \*rubs his bare chest\*

jE706g9.jpg

Caporegime
lol.gif
Not mine, but a good summary of how absurd this circus is.

ALL THE WITNESSES: Ok we all agree. This is what happened.

REPUBLICANS: None of you were in the room!

BOLTON: \*raises hand\* Well I was in the...

REPUBLICANS: Who asked you?! Shut up! You’re a liberal pawn!

BOLTON: Um... I’m actually I’m a lifelong Republican and I was literally Trump’s national security advi...

REPUBLICANS: Shut your mustache! Somebody bring back the first national security advisor.

FLYNN: \*in orange jumpsuit\* Hey sorry guys I’m in jail.

REPUBLICANS: What? Why?

FLYNN: For lying to the FBI about the Russia investigation.

REPUBLICANS: Well what idiot told you to do that?!

FLYNN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! No one believes either of you!

KELLY: \*raises hand\* I believe them. And I was Trump’s Chief of sta...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! Let’s talk to the real chief of staff. Who is he?

MULVANEY: \*raises hand\* It’s me.

REPUBLICANS: ****. Never mind.

PARNAS: \*raises hand\* I was also in the room. In fact, here’s a cell phone video of the President saying that...

REPUBLICANS: Wait what?! How in hell did you sneak a cell phone into a meeting with the President?

PARNAS: It was easy I just walked right in and...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! You’re a criminal!

PARNAS: Correct. And I just walked right into...

TRUMP: I don’t know him.

PARNAS: And here’s 500 pictures of me with the President because we’re besties.

REPUBLICANS: Wait... What idiot introduced you to the President??

PARNAS: His personal lawyer.

REPUBLICANS: Cohen??

COHEN: \*also in orange jumpsuit\* Hey no sorry guys I’m in jail too.

REPUBLICANS: Why?

COHEN: For campaign finance violations.

REPUBLICANS: Who’s campaign?

COHEN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up!

PARNAS: It was Giuliani.

YOVANOVITCH: Giuliani! That’s the guy who had me fired from my job!

REPUBLICANS: Who are you??

YOVANOVITCH: I was the ambassador to Ukraine.

REPUBLICANS: Wait, you had her fired? Do you work for the government??

GIULIANI: Nope.

REPUBLICANS: Well who is the ambassador to the European Union??

SONDLAND: \*raises hand\* Me. I was also in the roo...

REPUBLICANS: F@$&!!!

PUTIN: \*rubs his bare chest\*

Lovely stuff :D

Caporegime
Only the Democrats could claim to be protecting the constitution by impeaching the sitting president unconstitutionally. I'm sure they'll be back to attacking the 1st and 2nd amendments just as soon as this has quite rightly failed.

Soldato
Only the Democrats could claim to be protecting the constitution by impeaching the sitting president unconstitutionally. I'm sure they'll be back to attacking the 1st and 2nd amendments just as soon as this has quite rightly failed.

And we can't rule out another partisan attempt at impeachment. until then, all we will hear are the bemoaning CNN/MSNBC sheeples crying 'COVER UP, COVER UP!!!'.

Soldato
They had nothing from the start, the democrats should have to pay for this out of their own pocket.. It was all about smearing the president, it won't be long before the next thing to smear him with rears it's ugly FALSE head..

They need to go after the people that started all this, their will be a high turn over of Dems in the next election I guarantee it.

Caporegime
They had nothing from the start, the democrats should have to pay for this out of their own pocket.. It was all about smearing the president, it won't be long before the next thing to smear him with rears it's ugly FALSE head..

They need to go after the people that started all this, their will be a high turn over of Dems in the next election I guarantee it.
Utter nonsense as usual. If he doesn’t want to be smeared then he could, you know possibly stop doing illegal things eh??;)

Associate

You sound really informed on this subject and not at all like someone who doesn't have the first clue what they are talking about.

Soldato

The Republicans have pivoted to now admitting he did exactly what was said all along - only now they are saying it doesn't rise to the level of removal from office.

Soldato
The Republicans have pivoted to now admitting he did exactly what was said all along - only now they are saying it doesn't rise to the level of removal from office.

Again, they have nothing. You need a crime to be committed for it to stick. He was impeached in a Dem controlled house, so very partisan that it means nothing except that it lowers the bar for future impeachment to who controls the house.

Soldato
Soldato
People get smeared all the time while doing nothing wrong...
Exactly, I get smeared here for trying to open peoples eye, if they don't want to know then fine but don't attack me else I'll attack back. Attack my points all you like, I can change my mind too, but there is a lot more going on in the world than what most are aware of.

Edit, again read this thread to really know what it all links back to: https://twitter.com/GregRubini/status/1223001808827797516

Associate
If so why is he still in office?

You know why, because the senate is controlled by Republicans who said before the trial even begun that they would clear him. Everyone apart from the politically ignorant knew he was never getting removed from office as there would never have been enough republicans to turn on him.

If there is nothing to hide and he's done nothing wrong why won't they allow all the witnesses to speak at the trial and why has Trump changed his story countless times ? Basically why does an innocent man keep doing all the things that obviously guilty people do ? and why does the GOP's defense of him keep changing each time new stuff comes to light ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom