How much house can you get?

Caporegime
Most of the cheap properties in Detroit have huge liens for unpaid property taxes that need settling before you can take ownership so they’re not as cheap as they appear at first glance...

“As-is sale. Sold via QCD. Buyer is responsible for back-taxes and back water bills.”

^^ This.

Also note the acronym 'BATVAI.' This stands for 'Buyer's Agent to Verify All Information', and places responsibility for the accuracy of the listing on the buyer, not the seller. Sneaky, cheeky, but legal.

Associate
5ida1kRm.jpg
I'm between Cardiff and Newport.
Just bought a house for A bit more than that.

Here that will get you a 3 bed detached nice house and garden or a 4 bed detached with a little garden. In a less desirable street .

(only know about detached as that was a criteria)

Best I could find

They have a bit of a cheek calling that a detached house yes technically it is but like 1m either side.

Soldato
plenty of 3 bed stuff and afew detached when i do a 10 mile radius ,what i found in reality was the houses i turned up to veiw had major drawbacks at a lower price point but thats the same everywhere i guess

edit ,using 250k for room to negotiate

Man of Honour
In Stoke this will be on sale for £140,000 soon.
3 bedrooms, two toilets, huge kitchen.

mumshouse.png

Permabanned
You won't get any kind of accommodation in this country for that price. Maybe a shed or a garage.

Shipping containers new run about £1500, Some oak flooring and wall paneling and a glass sliding door at the front and all about 40ft in length. Hire a sparky and a carpentern you can even do the foundation as well you only need about 1ft deep posts anyone can cast them in a bucket and bury them.

Much better to do this, Spend 50k and 200k of land than 250k of gloomy bungalow etc. I get why people want to pass them on to children too and rent them out but imagine passing 200k of land to them instead. They only need about 50k for thier own house and ultimate security. There will not be any house repairs needed either.

Soldato
Can get a 3 bed terraced here but prices are rising, we bought ours for the average and have considered moving already (could do with 3 double bedrooms).
There are cheaper places in the area but you would need to compromise.

Caporegime
Shipping containers new run about £1500, Some oak flooring and wall paneling and a glass sliding door at the front and all about 40ft in length. Hire a sparky and a carpentern you can even do the foundation as well you only need about 1ft deep posts anyone can cast them in a bucket and bury them.

Much better to do this, Spend 50k and 200k of land than 250k of gloomy bungalow etc. I get why people want to pass them on to children too and rent them out but imagine passing 200k of land to them instead. They only need about 50k for thier own house and ultimate security. There will not be any house repairs needed either.

It would be illegal to ive in in most countries, and you would fail to get any planning permission. Much better just buying a caravan

Permabanned
It would be illegal to ive in in most countries, and you would fail to get any planning permission. Much better just buying a caravan

Thats the con though, Forcefully making people suppliment the profit taken by the house building and repair industry. The planning should be the same.as.a caravan the caravan is inferior as they can leak. A container is designed to last 50yrs of salty ocean going haulage if you do it right it would last a long time. You could also techically put it on a cheap trailer and what would happen if you divide the land? Could you move around to stop them forcing you to move? You also have legal rights to farming dwellings as well this is the route most taken i think in rural builds. There was a guy close to me who spent 80k on his container home and was on grand designs.

Back
Top Bottom