Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
It’s on my wish list. I’ve got a couple of small jobs on the list first but the Carnewal option seems like a good one from what I’ve seen.

Videos please if you do get one :D

I love how easy headlights are to remove on these! Open one gromit, insert the pre-supplied tool and turn 180 degrees. And there's your light!

Exactly! Incredibly easy/quick, plus you can get in behind the light to check fixing for the bumper/arch liners and clean everything up easily.

Caporegime
Videos please if you do get one :D

Exactly! Incredibly easy/quick, plus you can get in behind the light to check fixing for the bumper/arch liners and clean everything up easily.

Need to pop the indicator lenses out next to clean around and behind them...oh...they just slide out? Woohoo! Why can't every car be like this?

Shame the engine is a pig to access though.

Soldato
It makes me sick but, iirc the Macan outsells the 911, Cayman & Boxster COMBINED.

Porsche 'aficionados' no doubt said this when the original boxster was released and saved the company from bankruptcy :D

At work there's the odd 911, a couple of Boxsters and Caymans but theres loads of Macans. Even one of the 911s disappeaered one week, only to reappear as a Macan S. I guess practicality wins in the end.

Soldato
Anyone got, or had a 987.2 Cayman S 3.4? I'm looking for one with a bit of front end damage ideally as a project. Would like to have some fun and the wife just bought a sensible car, I will finish tarting up the S4 and so then I can play with a less family friendly car :p

Soldato
Looking for a weekend car. Didn't consider a Porsche but found myself looking through ebay for a 911.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/324059061535

I really like this but have no idea on prices. Is this cheap?

Every option ticked. Body kit is a personal preference. Price is probably about right given the mileage, but I’d expect it to be in very good condition with a decent service history. 2004 is a less desirable year due to smaller IMS bearings. Prices in general seem to have softened a bit, but they haven’t exactly plummeted in value.

If you’re considering one of these, get it inspected for bore scoring beforehand. If it’s clear, then it should treat you well.

Porsche will warranty these, so it’s worth exploring whether it’s had a Porsche service history, previous warranties and importantly any modifications.

I can confirm that a 997.1 makes an excellent weekend car! My only comment would be that the linked one has a roof which will block out the glorious noise of the sports exhaust!

Soldato
I'm thinking about adding PSE to my 981 Cayman S. At a cost of around 1.5 - 2k-ish, what are people thoughts with regards to how much of that cost I'm likely to lose, when it comes to selling in a few years?

I'm not unhappy with the sound currently, so it's not a must have for me.

olv

olv

Soldato
I don't think you can put a figure on it. If trading in to a dealer I would expect it to add the square root of F all. If you're selling privately then it's just going to widen its appeal to include people who have it is a must have option.

Soldato
Do a search on autotrader and PistonHeads to see what sort of difference it might make. As above, I doubt it’ll give much of a return come resale.

I would question why anyone would buy one without a sports exhaust in the first place though! :D

Soldato
OK, kinda what I thought then, really depends on what I do come when it comes to sell it on, as olv states.

Re why it wasn't specced originally? Who knows. Its a decent spec so perhaps they reached a limit and the PSE didn't make the cut. Or perhaps they didn't want the drone. It still sounds fruity as standard and certainly more so than my V8 ISF did with its quad pipes.

That's the beauty with Porsches, you can spec them to your tastes, but it won't suit everyone.

Soldato
You had to really push the ISF before you could hear the exhaust. Intoxicating when you did, but very license unfriendly.

I don't know about the 997 non PSE, but the Cayman certainly doesn't sound restrained. I guess all it misses is the extra pops and bangs the PSE gives. Think I've talked myself out of it, but I just like to tinker/modify.

Soldato
Looking for a weekend car. Didn't consider a Porsche but found myself looking through ebay for a 911.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/324059061535

I really like this but have no idea on prices. Is this cheap?

Aerokit helps it look good.

But with the risk of IMS and bore scoring I've all but written off the main 996/997 models and am only eyeing up the Turbo.

Super boost and 4WD for all year around motoring as it's not a car to hide away in a garage :p

Caporegime
You had to really push the ISF before you could hear the exhaust. Intoxicating when you did, but very license unfriendly.

I don't know about the 997 non PSE, but the Cayman certainly doesn't sound restrained. I guess all it misses is the extra pops and bangs the PSE gives. Think I've talked myself out of it, but I just like to tinker/modify.

You're missing out. It sounds outstanding when you open the taps in sport mode. It was my main must have along with sat nav.

Back
Top Bottom