First bike

Soldato
Hello chaps, I'm going to book my cbt in the next few weeks (just waiting for new glasses so I can see the reg plates). I don't want to be spending a lot as I suspect I will end up getting full license and changing to something else. I live in cumbria and am limited to where to get bikes from. One if the places near me sells keeway and kawasakis they have a keeway rks125 in for £1995 which looks nice has anyone tried them? Looking online they seem to get ok reviews and the price is agreeable. As it comes with two years warranty I assume it should be OK. The kawasaki z125se is nice but quite expensive if I end up changing £3995.
I was going to see about the Honda 125s but nearest is Blackpool which is about 2hours in a car, I am not sure about my first ride on a new bike being 2-3hours on a roads

So just advise really

Oh and for the cbt is it recommended to use my own bike?

Transmission breaker
Don
For the CBT, use the school bikes if you can. Otherwise, you have to arrange for the bike to get there, insurance etc.
I would then buy a second hand "non-chinese" 125 for your first bike. For the price of a new Keeway, you will get a couple of years old (but far better) CBR125, YZF125, YBF125, CBF125 (take your pick!). Never had a Kawasaki, but I imagine their 125 equivalent will be available second hand much cheaper too.

The Chinese bikes really drop in value after purchase, and in my own experience they are not the highest quality, although they are are improving slowly.

Use any money you save on getting decent gear, because you can continue to use it when you get your big license later!

Back
Top Bottom