LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Soldato
where do u add this? I tried to add it by right clicking chrome -> shortcut -> then adding it to the end but it doesnt work..

target reads as: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -enable-features=OverlayScrollbar

Isn't it two dashes at the start? --enab.....

Only works on fresh tabs. If you have tabs auto open from the last season it won't apply to them unless you close and reopen them.

It does work as using on both Chrome and Edge chromium.

Soldato
OP
Not working for me sadly. :( I'll try a restart.

BTW, if you enable via ease of access colour filters on windows 10, you can basically have your windows and web browsing in 'grey scale' so black and white. thats windows + ctrl + c.

so Im assuming black and white is going to be pretty safe if someone does feel the need to do a lot of web browsing!

Soldato
Not working for me sadly. :( I'll try a restart.

BTW, if you enable via ease of access colour filters on windows 10, you can basically have your windows and web browsing in 'grey scale' so black and white. thats windows + ctrl + c.

so Im assuming black and white is going to be pretty safe if someone does feel the need to do a lot of web browsing!
If it's Chrome make sure you exit all instances. You might have that background Chrome thing running (little Chrome icon near the clock) so even if your close Chrome it won't apply.

Soldato
OP
If it's Chrome make sure you exit all instances. You might have that background Chrome thing running (little Chrome icon near the clock) so even if your close Chrome it won't apply.

Did a restart. Still not working. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. This is meant to eliminat the scroll bar right?

clicked google chrome - open file location - right clicked on chrome -> properties, -> shortcut -> went to target: changed it to the following:

Tartget: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --enable-features=OverlayScrollba

Soldato
Did a restart. Still not working. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. This is meant to eliminat the scroll bar right?

clicked google chrome - open file location - right clicked on chrome -> properties, -> shortcut -> went to target: changed it to the following:

Tartget: "E:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --enable-features=OverlayScrollba
:confused:

Associate
Good evening.
I bought c9 and trying to figure out what's considered as "best" setting for HDR gaming on pc, because that's what it will be used for
I'm trying to figure out how to set Nvidia panel settings: leave it at RGB full 8bit? or 422 10bit limited? at 1440p. If the latter will it be alright to use for SDR gaming as well?
And will it be better to set the input as a gaming console or pc? because I was reding pc introduce more banding.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, first time poster.
I have had my LG C9 65 inch since August and love it gaming on my RTX 2070 super is amazing.
My question is when using G Sync I get an occasional half a second black seen flicker/flash. It only happens when G sync is enabled. Others online seem to have the same as the link below but cant find a fix. It's very annoying and otherwise the gaming is flawless! I have tried changing cables and resetting drivers etc.
Thanks all

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/8287/g-sync-black-flicker-on-c9

Last edited:
Soldato
I have had my LG C9 65 inch since August and love it gaming on my RTX 2070 super is amazing.
My question is when using G Sync I get an occasional half a second black seen flicker/flash. It only happens when G sync is enabled. Others online seem to have the same as the link below but cant find a fix. It's very annoying and otherwise the gaming is flawless! I have tried changing cables and resetting drivers etc.
Thanks all

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/8287/g-sync-black-flicker-on-c9
Does this happen during gameplay? Because I get the same when starting a game or on the desktop after exiting a game and it's Gsync turning on or off. I have a Dell S2716DG Gsync monitor. If you are getting the same I'd say it's normal.

Associate
Does this happen during gameplay? Because I get the same when starting a game or on the desktop after exiting a game and it's Gsync turning on or off. I have a Dell S2716DG Gsync monitor. If you are getting the same I'd say it's normal.

Yes with me it only happens In gameplay and even if I pause the game for a minute. It's not frame drops either.

Associate
Thanks all

I'm playing with my 2080ti on my 65C9 with Gsync since 28.10.2019 and i haven't seen a single flicker since then.
How long is your HDMI cable? I'm using this: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00Z9X0USK But only 2m.

Edit: Oh, you say it only occurs at 120hz. I play at 4K@60FPS, the only game i played at 1440p@120hz was COD:MW, but only for 1 hour or something. I have to test it.

Edit2: After 1 hour of playing RDR2 @ 1440p@120hz i haven't seen flicker or flashing.

Last edited:
Associate
So I decided to test on my 55" OLED on what the 48" would look/play like inset on the 55" size. I was quite surprised on how much of a difference that 7 inches makes. It definitely took a lot of the "OMG this is huge" vibe away and plays much more manageable when it's back against the wall on your desk. If you have a 55" 4K and wish to test yourself, set a custom resolution to 3280x1844. Granted you won't have the full 4K clarity but it's still good to test the size.

Link:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/28340428-post205.html

Permabanned
So I decided to test on my 55" OLED on what the 48" would look/play like inset on the 55" size. I was quite surprised on how much of a difference that 7 inches makes. It definitely took a lot of the "OMG this is huge" vibe away and plays much more manageable when it's back against the wall on your desk. If you have a 55" 4K and wish to test yourself, set a custom resolution to 3280x1844. Granted you won't have the full 4K clarity but it's still good to test the size.

Link:

You could have asked the wife that part. ;)

Caporegime

Link:

And of course you have the option to make a custom UW res as well which means the picture size isnt much bigger than the current 38" ultrawides. If people are happy with them sat at their desk, there should be zero issues with a 48" oled.

Caporegime

Link:

Great info and comparison, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom