Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st January - 4th February 2020]

Soldato
Honestly defended Sterling a lot from his abuse from the media, which is still completely unjust but he is such a hateful little *****

Second dive there
Not really. He's been touched, he's entitled to go down. I reiterate that if refs gave fouls when players didn't go down fewer would feel the need to do so every time he's touched.

Caporegime
Not really. He's been touched, he's entitled to go down. I reiterate that if refs gave fouls when players didn't go down fewer would feel the need to do so every time he's touched.

He’s dragging feet before he is touched and his dive earlier in the game? Also excluding this you have situations like the Gomez thing which is the only incident required to prove his degenerate antics

Associate
It's a dive, his knees are bending to go down before lloris is even there.

Don
So if that's not a pen then it's a dive right? And still Sterling is on the pitch?
Generally speaking VAR cannot give out yellow cards, even second yellows. However had the ref awarded the penalty and then VAR overruled it then in that instance they can give out a yellow.

A quick point though, just because VAR didn't give the pen it doesn't therefore make it a dive. VAR could have decided that it probably was a pen but not clear enough to overturn the refs decision.

Soldato
He’s dragging feet before he is touched and his dive earlier in the game? Also excluding this you have situations like the Gomez thing which is the only incident required to prove his degenerate antics
Oh for goodness sake, two fiery people have an argument, one has a bit of a dig at the other, it doesn't mean he's an awful person. Or do you think Steven Gerrard is a degenerate as well, as he lamped someone in a bar? I'm a Liverpool fan but this is just ridiculous.

If Salah had gone down there you'd be saying pen - you certainly wouldn't be calling for a second yellow

Associate
Also turning his back on opposition players who are being racially abused and crying to the ref that they are time wasting. The list really does go on and on. He's a complete **** basically.

Soldato
Generally speaking VAR cannot give out yellow cards, even second yellows. However had the ref awarded the penalty and then VAR overruled it then in that instance they can give out a yellow.

A quick point though, just because VAR didn't give the pen it doesn't therefore make it a dive. VAR could have decided that it probably was a pen but not clear enough to overturn the refs decision.

I get that, but when he got up he was very confrontational too. In my opinion he is lucky to have made it past the 10 minute mark and the consistency has been terrible.

The first foul was 100% a pen though.

Caporegime
Oh for goodness sake, two fiery people have an argument, one has a bit of a dig at the other, it doesn't mean he's an awful person. Or do you think Steven Gerrard is a degenerate as well, as he lamped someone in a bar? I'm a Liverpool fan but this is just ridiculous.

If Salah had gone down there you'd be saying pen - you certainly wouldn't be calling for a second yellow

Wasn’t an argument and a premeditated altercations not fuelled by alcohol, he’s a *****. Also see incidents as mentioned by sneaky snail above (Also Gerrard was very much a **** for that and also probably why we’re still waiting for #19 :))

I’ve called out our players for diving plenty or making awful red cars fouls, so bit of a silly comment

If I was failing at a bit of objectivity I could just go with the first is stone wall red as it wasn’t dissimilar to Auba’s :), also ignoring his first dive to that

Soldato
Wasn’t an argument and a premeditated altercations not fuelled by alcohol, he’s a *****. Also see incidents as mentioned by sneaky snail above (Also Gerrard was very much a **** for that and also probably why we’re still waiting for #19 :))

I’ve called out our players for diving plenty or making awful red cars fouls, so bit of a silly comment

If I was being failing at a bit of objectivity I could just go with the first is stone wall red as it wasn’t dissimilar to Auba’s :), also ignoring his first dive to that
Agree on the Sterling red, he should have been off after 12 (I think it was much worse than the Auba one), but I don't think it's a dive, he's stretching for the ball, and gets touched.

My big problem is with the rules. No ref ever gives a foul when a player stays on his feet even if it's blatant, so players are obliged to go down whenever they get clipped or they know they'll get nothing.

Caporegime
Agree on the Sterling red, he should have been off after 12 (I think it was much worse than the Auba one), but I don't think it's a dive, he's stretching for the ball, and gets touched.

My big problem is with the rules. No ref ever gives a foul when a player stays on his feet even if it's blatant, so players are obliged to go down whenever they get clipped or they know they'll get nothing.

I don’t actually think it’s 100% red actually, but I don’t think you could complain if given either. Disagree on it not being a dive, he just wanted to poke it and fall over. The dive for the hand on his back earlier was definitely much more obvious.

Agree on that but also wasn’t one of those situations, he was falling before touching Lloris

Back
Top Bottom