It's a new dod, it's a new day

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
Still got a problem with hamstring with leg workouts but strangely it's not impacting bike :confused:

Upper workout 1
Football bar Chest press
20Xbar
10X50
10X60
4X5X70

Close grip
2X10X60
2X10X50

Chest supported Dumbbell rows
3X10X25

DB shoulder press
10X15
3X10X20

Lat pull down
3X10Xsomething

Cable crunches
3X10X100 (?)

Cable wood chops
3X10X70

about 110K on the bike for the week.

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
Still got a problem with shoulder, gave it a month off but doesn't seem to be making a difference :(

Upper workout 1
Football bar Chest press
20Xbar
10X50
10X60
5X5X60

Close grip
2X10X60
2X10X50

Chest supported Dumbbell rows
3X10X25

DB shoulder press
10X15
3X10X20

Lat pull down
3X10Xsomething

Cable crunches
3X10X120

Cable wood chops
3X10X70

back extensions, it's dodgy as well for some reason, getting old sucks :rolleyes:

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
Honestly don't know. First noticed it about 4-5 months ago, being doing more on the bike than the gym and thought it would just go.
I can't help wondering if there's something about my desk posture, although I've got a standing desk, it's the right shoulder and that's the arm I use for the mouse etc.

Man of Honour
Honestly don't know. First noticed it about 4-5 months ago, being doing more on the bike than the gym and thought it would just go.
I can't help wondering if there's something about my desk posture, although I've got a standing desk, it's the right shoulder and that's the arm I use for the mouse etc.

Interesting, because I've also had a shoulder niggle that's crystallised since my shoulder injury healed (previous injury was posterior to the glenohumeral joint; current gripe is anterior... go figure). I actually found that part of the cause was my position on the bike (bear with me on this):

- When riding on the hoods/drops, I noticed my right elbow was pointing further around than my left (I know - I'm weird that I pay attention to these things);
- Despite rolling my elbow around, it still felt weird...
- Realised I wasn't pinning my right shoulder blade, so my shoulder was just "floating around" whilst cycling (both on the turbo and outdoors)... a bit like riding with my right shoulder shrugged, if you will...
- Now have to consciously "fix" my shoulder position when cycling...

Since clocking this, my shoulder has stopped hurting, but I still have to actively adjust my position on the bike to ensure I don't repeat it.

I appreciate it's a random issue, but you've been spending a lot more time on the bike recently so it might be something to think about...?

Hope it resolves or you get it resolved!

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
Hmm, I hadn't made that association, mainly as I also had an issue when I wasn't doing very much on the bike last year and I don't feel it at all on the bike. I've booked in with a Physio who looks like she has appropriate experience for now. Have to do something as it's actually interfering with sleep now. I'll raise this at the time though, as you say these things can manifest themselves in ways you wouldn't expect.

She previously worked in the NHS for 3 years – then spent 4 years as the first team physiotherapist with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC. Fiona has also worked with Ross County FC, Triathlon Scotland and the Scotland U19s ladies football team. Fiona works regularly with the Sport Scotland athletes providing physiotherapy services at their olympic weightlifting sessions - working with athletes from a range of different sports - including golfers, badminton and rugby.

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
She sounds like she knows her onions - hope it works out!
Had physio and she certainly seems to know what she's talking about.

Her view is that the right shoulder blade is sitting about 1cm lower than the left, caused probably by weak activation of the muscles under it. That's causing the upper traps to over compensate and putting extra pressure on the supraspinatus which is where the pain is coming from i.e. part of the rotator cuff group. Or at least that's what I think she said :D

Got a series of exercises to focus on activating those muscles properly and correcting placement of the shoulder blade.

Goblet squats
BOR's
deadlifts
front squats

She's no shy :D

Man of Honour
Had physio and she certainly seems to know what she's talking about.

Her view is that the right shoulder blade is sitting about 1cm lower than the left, caused probably by weak activation of the muscles under it. That's causing the upper traps to over compensate and putting extra pressure on the supraspinatus which is where the pain is coming from i.e. part of the rotator cuff group. Or at least that's what I think she said :D

Got a series of exercises to focus on activating those muscles properly and correcting placement of the shoulder blade.

Goblet squats
BOR's
deadlifts
front squats

She's no shy :D

Nice! And sounds like she is a "keeper" for future injuries, too!

And interesting that your shoulder pain is down to scap fixation - similar to my issue, too.

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
first day back in the gym for just over 4 months, with a PT, shoulder's still not right although it's a lot better than it was.
Mainly leg focused, DL, belt squats, BSS, lunges, Goblet squats. Some upper body based on strengthening back with a view to getting back to a full routine within the next three months.

Plus circuit **** at the end :mad::D

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
that's what I thought so took a trip to Rome, then caught the lurgy, back at it today.

Belt squats, deadlifts, lunges, Kettlebell work, core work.

Targeting building leg strength and dropping 5 kg

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
it is, maybe Lurgy Lite, but definitely Lurgy

Bench, rows, bizentrize, landmine press, core work, more ******* circuits.

About 130km on bike through the week for added cardio

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
Belt squats 10X40, 10X60, 10X80, 10X90, 10X100, 8X100
Lunges 3X10X30
Pallof press 3X10X3 plates on machine
Hyper Extensions 3X10 with 20kg plate
Leg extensions 3X21X3 plates on machine
Russian twists
Glute Bridges 3X15 bodyweight

About 20 minutes cardio and 36k on bike last night

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
Upper body,
Bench, Lat pull downs, Bi/tri, dumbbell incline press, single arm rows
First focused session since the physio started. Weights very light but got to start somewhere again. :)

More turbo trainer.

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
legs on Wednesday, upper today

Bench, BOR, Incline Dumbbell row, Cable flyes, Cable lat raise, circuits to finish with Burpees , mountain climbers, battling ropes and bear crawl.

dod

dod

Soldato
OP
Leg day - wk 4 of PT

17 min warm up on elliptical 9Km

Stretches

Sumo deadlift - new exercise, very light
10 X25
3X10X55

Belt Squats - lot easier than normal squats
10X50