Escape from Tarkov

Man of Honour
Just downloading now, hope this is as good as it looks. Seems very Division like.

Some of the mechanics are similar to the Dark Zone mechanics of The Division, but in terms of the gameplay its worlds apart from The Division. One shot can and often will kill you in this and often you will have no idea where that shot came from, in this you can potentially spend hours building up a good set of weapons and armour and then have one bad run and lose it all in a matter of minutes. You can be grouped up with buddies and get split from them momentarily and then kill them by accident thinking they were enemy. There is no ingame dynamic map, no markers to indicate who your groupmates are or where they are.

Its a superb game but it is brutal and can be exceedingly tough. Its sometimes incredible and often intensely frustrating and demoralising. You can go for hours and hours having nothing but dire gaming experiences and then on a run everything will click into place and the exhiliration makes up for the bad hours, at least until the next set of bad runs :)

Soldato
Just downloading now, hope this is as good as it looks. Seems very Division like.

spend a quarter of your stash on gear
spend three hours working out your build
die in 15 seconds, killed by noob on first game.

And this is Tarkov, in Tarkov everyone dies. Some people just die less.

Soldato
Patch this morning.

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/115546-the-installation-of-the-0123-patch-has-started/

Dear Escapers!

We have started the installation of 0.12.3 patch for Escape From Tarkov.

We plan to complete it within two hours - during this time the game will be unavailable.

Added:

• Added the context menu “Equip” for the receiving letters screen
  • Now you can choose which items you want to use in crafting
Optimization:

• Minor game server and game client optimization, fixes
AI:

• Now they take into account the distance to PMCs when firing a grenade launcher
  • Fixed a bug in which bots did not go out from under the fire and started healing
  • Various minor behavior fixes
Fixed:

• Fixed a bug where at the end of the raid, statistics from the previous raid was displayed
  • Fixed a bug in which the sound filter of active headset and the faceshield effect were applied in the hideout after reloading weapons in shooting range
  • The bug with ammo check was fixed, when it was possible to find out the amount of rounds in magazine, by moving it from cell to cell. This is the functionality of the elite skill level.
  • The weather system has been reworked, now it will work more correctly and will switch smoothly
  • Fixed a bug where one product was bought when pressing the Y button on a flea market
  • Fixed a bug where it was impossible to transfer the item to inventory by CTRL + Click and interaction with weapons was blocked
  • Fixed a bug where voice settings would not change
  • Fixed a bug in which there were empty fields on PMC dogtag, it happened in case of suicide. Now there will be dashes instead
  • Fixed a bug where the character did not raise-lower the visor of the helmet in the first person
  • Fixed a bug that would not allow in some cases to unload ammo from the magazine
  • Fixed a bug in which the stash screen was available during raid
  • Fixed a bug in which the weapon modification was not equipped with the use of context menu
  • Hideout, fixed incorrect display of the production timer
  • Flea market, fixed a bug in which an incorrect tax was calculated and could withdraw more money when setting an offer
  • Flea market, now you can put up an offer, in exchange for the main part of the weapon
  • Flea market, fixed a bug when the current search was not updated when the filter was reset
  • Flea market, the order of displaying categories and items displayed in the item search has been fixed
  • Flea market, now items inside a category are in alphabetical order
  • Flea market, fixed a bug where a message appeared about putting up a pack of goods when only one item was displayed
  • Flea market, fixed a bug, when sorting armor by its condition, broken armor used to be displayed
  • Fixed display of drop-down menu of items when receiving insurance or letters from a flea market
  • Fixed a bug when the automatic transfer of items from mail was interrupted, the “take all” button became unavailable
  • Weapon presets, fixed a bug when the characteristics of the weapon were displayed, in the absence of the gun itself
  • Weapon presets, now the popup for entering the preset name is not showing up every time, when you click on the “save” button
  • Weapon presets, a bug was fixed where the message that there are all the mods necessary for assembling did not appear
  • Weapon presets, now the filter is reset, after searching for items, through presets system
  • Weapon presets, fixed sorting of items on the flea market, according to weapon filters
  • Ergonomics parameter display bug is fixed
  • Fixed bug with displaying quest progress during the raid
  • Quests, fixed the display of reward for the quest “An apple a day - keeps the doctor away”, now it is issued according to the description
  • Fixed a bug that prevented stacks of money from merging, giving a warning about exceeding the money limit in the inventory
  • Fixed one of the layering errors of the main menu on the settings screen
  • Fixed one of the bugs of layering menu screens on each other
  • Corrected display of text input when editing container tag
  • Various minor bug fixes and game error fixes
Changes:

• Flea market, the “remove barter items” filter setting is now enabled by default
  • Now you will not receive experience for the picking up of items produced in the hideout

Soldato
spend a quarter of your stash on gear
spend three hours working out your build
die in 15 seconds, killed by noob on first game.

And this is Tarkov, in Tarkov everyone dies. Some people just die less.

Know that feeling - raid previous - killed Killa and the 4 of us extracted.

Next raid - 3 of us die inside 40 seconds.....

Think it was 31 seconds, 36 and 40 seconds.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
  • Now you can choose which items you want to use in crafting
Thanks...no more using full expedition fuel cans for my mag boxes even when there are empty ones available :)

• Flea market, the “remove barter items” filter setting is now enabled by default
About damn time.

Now please add a fix where my PC doesn't power off and on when browsing flea market or hideout at 2k resolution please :D Discord regulars will understand my woes.

Soldato
Had a quick scav run before bed last night, spawned in with a vepr hunter and iron sights, thought I'd just got for a bit of a wander.

Was looking out over the hills at back of shoreline, just off in the distance I saw another player scav spawn in! Gave him a chance to escape but he was just running in circles doing weird stuff.

Took a shot at him and he ran off, assumed I had missed. Didn't see anyone else for the rest of the match

Final score screen comes up, one kill! One shot fired, two limbs damaged, 100 damage incurred.

Looks like I hit him and the poor guy took 17 minutes to bleed out haha!

Soldato
Sneaked up on a 4 man PMC walking in and out of the minefield on shoreline last night, clearly doing some kind of boosting with healing. Took great satisfaction picking them off after watching for a short while with amusement.

Shoreline has recently become my favourite map, a lot of quests have forced me into it and grown to like it a lot.

Soldato
Sneaked up on a 4 man PMC walking in and out of the minefield on shoreline last night, clearly doing some kind of boosting with healing. Took great satisfaction picking them off after watching for a short while with amusement.

Shoreline has recently become my favourite map, a lot of quests have forced me into it and grown to like it a lot.

I love it, I enjoy customs but like the extra freedom to pick what you want to do on shoreline, much less linear

Soldato
Alternating between interchange for loot and woods to do the 15 scav kills, then move onto customs next. Spawned a scav last night carrying a lab card and some keys. Ran out and turned out the keys were more valuable. Easy half a mill. Makes dying to a random headshot in the next game more bearable.

Back
Top Bottom