The Tesla Thread

Soldato
What’s wrong with it?

They re-aligned the passenger side doors at Tesla Brooklands a few weeks ago, and now there's a gap between them at the bottom. The window seals on 3 of the doors are still not flush on the inside of the car. Tesla Brooklands told me "yours is the best we've seen so we're not fixing it".

That's what's left to be fixed. I've had other stuff fixed in the past month at Brooklands.

Soldato
Yes potentially, have one approved but yet to take delivery/confirm payment details with Tesla. May end up deciding on a cash purchase though.

To be honest, I'm a big fan of the peugeot 3008 (have one now) and they have just launced a plug-in hybrid model. It has enough electric only range to get me to work and back each day.
I'm comparing the prices between it, and the tesla 3 as I think they are going to be close. I really fancy all electric, and being an IT geek the tesla is right up my street.

Soldato
To be honest, I'm a big fan of the peugeot 3008 (have one now) and they have just launced a plug-in hybrid model. It has enough electric only range to get me to work and back each day.
I'm comparing the prices between it, and the tesla 3 as I think they are going to be close. I really fancy all electric, and being an IT geek the tesla is right up my street.

As previously in this thread, the big incentives are the government discount, 100% FYA and 0% BIK, along with the reduced fuel costs.

Soldato
Looks like mine's due to arrive in March now, along with the Feb lot but a bit delayed because of switching my pickup from Heathrow to Bristol. Works out perfectly; less than 10 mins away and should be a 20 plate!

Soldato
I’m really tempted with the long range, not because I do long journeys but the extra spec and awd. I guess the extra range will also help in winter with the heaters on.

It’s a shame Tesla don’t offer some of the extras on the standard range like the sound system although I guess you need the bigger battery.

any news on a 360 camera update coming?

considering either a pcp deal or putting 15k in and getting a Tesco loan

I doubt I’ll keep the car past 3 years, mmmmmm help

Soldato

The obvious thing to do is get some prices for a PCH and PCP 3 years deals, and then go from there, the average I can see is about £21k for a PCH with ~£1,600 upfront, plus mileage costs. If you are buying the LR at £47,990 (no options changed) you need to guess the deprecation, will it be more than £21k?

For the sake of keeping it three years, and the rate that Superchargers and other fast charging networks are being built, an SR+ seems like a much better choice for a lower overall cost, with little to no difference in experience terms. How often are you going to be limited in those three years by the reduced range? You have a 3-4 month period every year where you won't be achieving the best mpkWh, possibly a bit more depending on the climate in the blooming country.

Obviously there is more to think about, but that is a good starting point if you are seriously considering about it.

nam

nam

Soldato
op you seem very confused and also I would suggest you try a few EV's first such as new Audi Etron 50, Tesla, upcoming VW ID3 and Ford Mach-E. , leasing a EV is not something you do from the heart it is about the deal as your not committing to owning the vehicle. Personally myself I was one of the people on the early cheap deals for a Tesla Model 3 Perfomamce and great full as I would not probably consider it now with the current price increases. The technology and designs are changing and I am sure within 2 years what is seen as the leader or the best will probably not be the same.

I’m really tempted with the long range, not because I do long journeys but the extra spec and awd. I guess the extra range will also help in winter with the heaters on.

It’s a shame Tesla don’t offer some of the extras on the standard range like the sound system although I guess you need the bigger battery.

any news on a 360 camera update coming?

considering either a pcp deal or putting 15k in and getting a Tesco loan

Soldato
$770... I'm not saying more for now. :)
Fair enough. I can't always be right :D.
The price is totally out of sync with the company performance however. People are now recommending Tesla instead of bitcoin :p
Just kidding. I didn't invest but is on my watch list. It seems a bit of a bubble now. I'll see if it corrects heavily or at least consolidates for a good while. Today's rise I believe has been largely due to an analyst uplift in future pricing.

Did you buy? Well done if you did :)

Soldato
Did you buy? Well done if you did :)

I took some a good while back, sadly missed the real lows. I expect a correction as well, and will be taking most of my original investment out, and maybe putting some back into AMD as I missed the big rise on that.

After losing huge amounts on stocks I have no real interest in, I realised I do much better investing in stocks that I care about. Managed to break even for 2019, but was £36k down at one point.

Soldato
I took some a good while back, sadly missed the real lows. I expect a correction as well, and will be taking most of my original investment out, and maybe putting some back into AMD as I missed the big rise on that.

After losing huge amounts on stocks I have no real interest in, I realised I do much better investing in stocks that I care about. Managed to break even for 2019, but was £36k down at one point.

Never be disappointed about missing a bottom or top. You did well enough to spot the opportunity. I wasn't looking too closely but seemed they were in a bit of a downward spiral so didn't think about it anymore but in hindsight I should have as a bit of a contrarian and it's much more clear if you look more closely which of course the recent rise made me do.

AMD has been a great performer but also very highly priced right now although the P/E ratio has come down a bit recently. I sold some recently but still holding a chunk. Been lucky enough to sell a few times and buy back lower but not sure I'll try that this time - might just hold what I have.

It's good to invest in companies you have an interest in and care about and understand. My best performers over recent years have been because of this.

I was tempted to put a little into Tesla a few days back but bought Amazon instead, just before earnings release. I realised how much £ I had spent with Amazon recently!

Soldato
I'll cross-post this -
Video abouit M3 autopilot use on the uk roads - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgTbvHxUzpU
was interested : that it wasn't identifying cars, that might be pulling from laybys (but radar does track stationary stuff?), disengagement at brow of hill,
and lack of pot-hole avoidance ... there go those tyres (had seen a mobile eye article where they tracked them !)
non-plussed as I said.

Back
Top Bottom