*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
I keep thinking about starting this again, then I get scared by all the new DLC and Chapters that have happened since I played it last.

How is the game now? I stopped playing because it became a complete grind and they hadn't really solved the issue of what to do with high level characters.

I mainly play solo. Is it still ok for solo gameplay?

Last question, the chapters that are available above for £11.22 in Dan958's post, will I still have to buy DLC packs like Orsinium, the bark brotherhood etc?

Associate
I keep thinking about starting this again, then I get scared by all the new DLC and Chapters that have happened since I played it last.

How is the game now? I stopped playing because it became a complete grind and they hadn't really solved the issue of what to do with high level characters.

I mainly play solo. Is it still ok for solo gameplay?

Last question, the chapters that are available above for £11.22 in Dan958's post, will I still have to buy DLC packs like Orsinium, the bark brotherhood etc?

It's only a 'grind' if you are just trying to get to max level. If you are just enjoying the PVE content, and enjoying the quests, it is not a grind.

Endgame is PVE, Trials, and V dungeons.

DLC packs are not included, but you can get them with ESO+ (for as long as you stay subbed).

There is LOTS of content, and so much you can do, but dont feel put off. Just do the main questline to start off with and go from there.

Soldato
It's only a 'grind' if you are just trying to get to max level. If you are just enjoying the PVE content, and enjoying the quests, it is not a grind.

Endgame is PVE, Trials, and V dungeons.

DLC packs are not included, but you can get them with ESO+ (for as long as you stay subbed).

There is LOTS of content, and so much you can do, but dont feel put off. Just do the main questline to start off with and go from there.

Thanks for the info. It was grind back when I stopped playing because content was scarce when you reached a certain level and for crafting, mats were so rare. Hope that's changed.

Last time I played was like 2014/15. Do you think I should start a new character? Can't even remember what characters I have :D Still downloading the client, it isn't the steam version. Only 10% done.

Just a quick question, since I don't have the steam version. If I take that offer from GMG, that you posted, and install it, will my characters be there? Might be a stupid question, I presume they should be as you just login to ESO, but, I want to make sure.

Associate
Thanks for the info. It was grind back when I stopped playing because content was scarce when you reached a certain level and for crafting, mats were so rare. Hope that's changed.

Last time I played was like 2014/15. Do you think I should start a new character? Can't even remember what characters I have :D Still downloading the client, it isn't the steam version. Only 10% done.

Just a quick question, since I don't have the steam version. If I take that offer from GMG, that you posted, and install it, will my characters be there? Might be a stupid question, I presume they should be as you just login to ESO, but, I want to make sure.

Mats were more rare before One Tamriel, just because everyone was fighting over the same thing in that area - now the mats scale to your crafting level so you can get the mats for your level whereever you are

You also now get 'enlightenment', which makes it easier to level your character, even if you dont play as often. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158785/enlightenment-how-it-works/p1

I'm not familiar with how the Steam and Zos launcher differ, as I've only ever used the Zos launcher.

Soldato
Mats were more rare before One Tamriel, just because everyone was fighting over the same thing in that area - now the mats scale to your crafting level so you can get the mats for your level whereever you are

You also now get 'enlightenment', which makes it easier to level your character, even if you dont play as often. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158785/enlightenment-how-it-works/p1

I'm not familiar with how the Steam and Zos launcher differ, as I've only ever used the Zos launcher.

Thanks :) Those changes seem decent. Will give it a good go when it finishes downloading.

think I will start a new character. Play it for a few days and if I get into it I will buy it from GMG.

Soldato
Anyone know how to get to Marive in the mine? the top right corner of the mine is shaded with a circle, telling you she's in that area, but there is no way to get to it. Marker keeps saying she's 'above' but there's no above I can find there's one way on and way out the lines shines in ata couple of places but that's it.

Through a veil darkly quest, just spent 2 hours going round and round circles. Mine is Khuras i'm a high elf sorc.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know how to get to Marive in the mine? the top right corner of the mine is shaded with a circle, telling you she's in that area, but there is no way to get to it. Marker keeps saying she's 'above' but there's no above I can find there's one way on and way out the lines shines in ata couple of places but that's it.

Through a veil darkly quest, just spent 2 hours going round and round circles. Mine is Khuras i'm a high elf sorc.

Have you followed this https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Through_a_Veil_Darkly ?

Soldato
Yes.

"Find Oracle Marieve in the Mines" that's the step I am one afer completing all previous ones.

I'm in the mines, she's in the mines. BuT I cannot find her, all routes to the general area where she is located within the mine are walled off.

Soldato
Yes.

"Find Oracle Marieve in the Mines" that's the step I am one afer completing all previous ones.

I'm in the mines, she's in the mines. BuT I cannot find her, all routes to the general area where she is located within the mine are walled off.

This youtube vid may help, is around the spot your trying to get too: https://youtu.be/MG8sD8WFCA4?t=590 there is a interactive area you need to navigate too.

Soldato
This youtube vid may help, is around the spot your trying to get too: https://youtu.be/MG8sD8WFCA4?t=590 there is a interactive area you need to navigate too.

Yeah I found that, my map of the mine (8:47) has a whole new section top right with a circle superimposed on it, when hovered over the circle it says "Find Oracle Marieve in the Mines" There's also no quest marker in front of the water. There's no way into the added section of map/mine either.

Someone who is lv 36 can't find it either, they're asking their guild. Friended them.

Associate
Yes.

I saw someone said

'If it's the one I'm thinking of, then there is a passage of sorts in the big boss room. On the wall towards the hidden area there is a darker area with (possibly) some vegetation hanging down. If you go close you will see something like 'press X to crawl through'.'

Do you see this vegetation?

Associate
Hmmm, I wouldn't mind getting into ESO but it's eye-poppingly expensive.

It's £41.99 for 6 months in which you get ALL the content, and ease of life benefits you don't otherwise get. You can opt not to renew and then start again at any point with all the progress and stuff you had got during the first 6 months. Or you can pay £8.99 a month, which is cheap to dip your toes in.
£42 is not eye popping, and all the ESO content together is really big.
I'm taking a break but I will be back once all the Skyrim content is out.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think there's plenty of content in there for me to last 6 months if not more for the £11.50 I spent, the only thing I haven't got that I need is the crafting bag. Which I might sub for later. The DLC's like Dark Brotherhood i'll play later, and I'll get the Skyrim content when its cheaper.

Soldato
Becomes a god send the crafting bag you will find. With 100's of various materials from ingots, to various wood types to flowers etc, going into the crafting bag saves sooo much inventory space and on inventory management.

Though that said, likely not needed for starting phase IMO so yeah would only opt for it if you want to get deeper into things or build alternate characters where the crafting bag is important.

Associate
I think there's plenty of content in there for me to last 6 months if not more for the £11.50 I spent, the only thing I haven't got that I need is the crafting bag. Which I might sub for later. The DLC's like Dark Brotherhood i'll play later, and I'll get the Skyrim content when its cheaper.

There is definitely enough content in the base game + chapters that you bought.

Back
Top Bottom