10 Downing Street "Senior communications aide" attempts to ban Journalists

Soldato
What's boring and pathetic is trying to rewrite history.

The implication of the billboard was clear, and it was a lie.

A lie that Boris Johnson, amongst a plethora of lies about the EU both before and during the campaign, was happy to get behind.

He's then continued to lie about the EU while he was campaigning to be PM. And if he didn't lie he showed a scary ignorance of EU law considering he's supposed to be negotiating a deal.

That May then provided a small part of the required funding to properly support the NHS and attributed it in part to Brexit doesn't make the billboard any less if a lie at the time.

You may choose to see an implication there, I saw it as merely advertising the amount of money we send to the EU each week and stating that the money could be better spent. To view it as a promise to spend every penny on the NHS by a group not in government is being wilfully ignorant or beyond stupid. It's clear you aren't at all objective though so I'll assume you're the aforementioned.

Caporegime
I hate agreeing with Roar87 but he is right.
Only and idiot would think otherwise. We all know what politicians say and actually do, or NEVER do.

Its all the fake outrage and "but it said it on a bus, it was true" crowd that just show themselves up as the stupider ones.

Soldato
I hate agreeing with Roar87 but he is right.
Only and idiot would think otherwise. We all know what politicians say and actually do, or NEVER do.

Its all the fake outrage and "but it said it on a bus, it was true" crowd that just show themselves up as the stupider ones.

But people were taken in. Not everyone, but certainly some (I had conversations with people who quoted it to me as being true and even now I know people who still think that once we stop paying any money to the EU this will mean more money going to the NHS). Considering how narrow the referendum result was, only a few percent of voters needed to be swayed by taking it at face value to change the outcome.

Soldato
Whilst I'm all for freedom of speech and a free press, the British media have brought a lot of it on themselves. There are still people in this country who believe everything written in the papers which worries me.

Caporegime
But people were taken in. Not everyone, but certainly some (I had conversations with people who quoted it to me as being true and even now I know people who still think that once we stop paying any money to the EU this will mean more money going to the NHS). Considering how narrow the referendum result was, only a few percent of voters needed to be swayed by taking it at face value to change the outcome.

Pretty sure this has been discussed for 2+ years, we dont need to go down it again.
Its well and truly done.
British politics is garbage and needs reformation.

Soldato
If the government wants to give private briefings, that's fine with me. The press does not have a right to absolute access to government, if the Guardian wants to interview someone, it doesn't mean every other media outlet should be in the room. They idea this compromises democracy is utter nonsense, all it compromises is the power of some media entities.

Frankly the mainstream media can burn for all I care, none of them represent my interests anymore, they all stand for woke nonsense.

Soldato

Obama said we would be back of the queue, we aren't. We were told that it could lead to World War 3, it won't. We were told there would be an immediate emergency budget, there wasn't one. The government spent £15m on a leaflet campaign promoting Remain which the Leave campaign couldn't do. Let's pretend it was the Leave side pushing lies though that edged it.

Soldato
Obama said we would be back of the queue, we aren't. We were told that it could lead to World War 3, it won't. We were told there would be an immediate emergency budget, there wasn't one. The government spent £15m on a leaflet campaign promoting Remain which the Leave campaign couldn't do. Let's pretend it was the Leave side pushing lies though that edged it.

Bless.

Soldato
As one of the older people on this forum I'm horrified that some people think it's okay for state-funded broadcasters to be blatantly biased.

As one of the middle aged people on this forum, I'm horrified that society has deteriorated to a point where facts and evidence are no longer considered necessary when making claims.

I'm still waiting for the name of this centre right comedian that you feel isn't getting their big break on BBC.

He can't be taken seriously at the Edinburgh Fringe but deserves a slot on the BBC? Really, that's the best you've got? :p

Soldato
I'm still waiting for the name of this centre right comedian that you feel isn't getting their big break on BBC.

I'm unaware of any. I'm unaware of any right-of-centre comedians on the BBC or any other mainstream TV channel. They seem to be completely absent. Why do you think that is?

Soldato
I'm unaware of any. I'm unaware of any right-of-centre comedians on the BBC or any other mainstream TV channel. They seem to be completely absent. Why do you think that is?

Because there's not a big enough audience for it.

Are you seriously suggesting the TV industry, that puts out rubbish designed to shock like reality TV, wouldn't risk offending people?

Or is it that you still think there's a big conspiracy against right thinking people like yourself?

Soldato

Because every single "mainstream TV channel" is completely and utterly biased against the right of centre political comedian circuit? Is that what you're implying with your cliffhanger?

Permabanned

Biased employees and the London immigrant bubble. You can see what content they put on the webpage as a reflection of this. Look how they use Getty images that always feature black people when possible like say an article on Schools will have a picture of a 50/50 classroom. Britain is not even like this more like 14% but they make up more than that at the BBC or they forget what Brits look like.

They also have a lot of stupid diversity articles, The most recent being todays gaming diversity article where they whine about thier sexist and racist views against white male employment being too excessive.

Soldato
Biased employees and the London immigrant bubble. You can see what content they put on the webpage as a reflection of this. Look how they use Getty images that always feature black people when possible like say an article on Schools will have a picture of a 50/50 classroom. Britain is not even like this more like 14% but they make up more than that at the BBC or they forget what Brits look like.

What's colour got to do with whether someone looks British?

Caporegime
Because every single "mainstream TV channel" is completely and utterly biased against the right of centre political comedian circuit? Is that what you're implying with your cliffhanger?
do you watch or listen to BBC radio? Every single comedian they have is a politically correct, new speaker.

The only "edgy" comic i can think of is Jimmy Carr "guy with the laugh" on C4 and his jokes are mostly sexual or just shock filth.

Lots of subjects are off limits now on TV/Radio.

Soldato
do you watch or listen to BBC radio? Every single comedian they have is a politically correct, new speaker.

The only "edgy" comic i can think of is Jimmy Carr "guy with the laugh" on C4 and his jokes are mostly sexual or just shock filth.

Lots of subjects are off limits now on TV/Radio.

I can't dispute any of that, but I also can't see that this is founded in political bias within the BBC which is what the claim was. If there were right of centre comedians selling out gigs around the country, and the BBC were refusing to book them when other channels were, then that could be the basis of a case.

Could it possibly just be the case that right of centre comedy is pish?

Soldato

These were words that Leavers (and their papers) put into the mouths of Remainers, that were never said by Remainers, so that Leavers could then rail against these straw man arguments.

Back
Top Bottom