Back to the beginning (stronglift returnee)

Soldato
2016 i was at my strongest:

Bakes0310 -------------------- 75 / 142 / 160 ----------------- [90] --------------- 377

The years that followed i stopped training for strength and decided to go for size. Ended up losing all my strength but put on a lousy 10kg.
So here i am back to what i enjoyed and where i got the best gains from...stronglifts 5x5.

Had my first session, decided to go very low with the weights to make sure i could do the full sets:

Squats 5x5 90kg - completed 5x5 - very easy next sessions 92kg will be easy aswell.
bench 5x5 50kg - completed 5x5 - easy so far, but its weakest area, cant bench for tofee (look at my bench compared to my squat and deadlift back in 2016 lol)
BOR 5x5 60kg - completed 5x5 - not too bad but set 4 and 5 were a bit of a struggle.

Soldato
OP
Update:
Just getting over a stinking cold, had a rubbish session today.

Squats 102kg

Bench 60kg

BOR 65kg

Gonna do better once I feel a 100%. But I do feel I will platue on the bench at 60-62 as it's a exercise I've struggled with in the past.

Soldato
OP
Thanks Musty Pie, ive been reading yours aswell.
Update today, i dont record every session but ill try and update a couple times a month. I always train in the early mornings but today i went in for 1130 as i had rubbish sleep and wanted the extra hour in bed and found i had a lot more energy in my later session. EAT,TRAIN,SLEEP.

squats 5x5 102kg all sets complete.

bench 60kg 1x2 lol couldnt do anymore, went down to 50kg and started again and completed 5x5. bench has platued before the ohp which is still increasing.

BOR 67kg 4th set i only got 4 reps, 5th set i got the full 5. I rested longer on my last set, so i think thats where i went wrong.

Soldato
Bench should be interesting to watch.

I never benched before starting SL's so for me its been a journey. Interesting to see how you proceed.

What is your diet like when you train?

I tend to train before i eat lunch, but after a breakfast of oats and apple usually.

Soldato
OP
Im doing IF so i dont actually eat to 12:00 but i train in the mornings. My diet depends on if working at home or on the road/office.

Office lunch: canteen on a rare occassion will be a jacket potato and tuna, but generally it will be a bag of rice and tuna.
Lunch on the road: bag of mixed nuts from lidl and a small box of raisens thrown in.
I only snack when im at home working but that tends to be peanut butter sandwich, scrambled eggs. Evening is when i get a bit naughty with some chocolate and haribo but its not every night. i go out for a meal/takeaway a 2-3 times a month, so im not perfect but i find if im more good than bad i think i can have a treat know and again without getting upset about it.
I used to be 85-92kg in my late 20's but thats when i used to have an active 12 hour a day job now im in my early 30's with an office job with lots of driving and walking around sites. My diet is a lot better now than it was in my 20's but i guess my job and metablism plays a part.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom