Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Used Autoglym polar seal over the weekend, quite impressed. So much easier than manually applying wax and the results are practically the same.

Soldato
My Auto Glym Interior plastic cleaner has run out, so I'm looking to get something else to try. Any recommendations? I used it for all of the plastics/dash/trim on the inside.

Also, the seats have got some stains on from the previous owners. They're not massively noticeable but I'd like them gone. Is my only real option to get hold of a wet Vax machine, or are there some good products I can try first?

Thanks.

Soldato
APC works well on interiors, dress the plastics with CarPro PERL or Aerospace 303 (which are two favourites of most people).

Seat stains are easiest to remove entirely using extraction or wet vac, but you can get somewhat reasonable results by scrubbing with a stuff brush and an upholstery cleaner, before drying with a microfibre. This can leave tide marks from product residue, which you can reduce the probability of by repeating the above process with water.

Soldato
Magic Eraser is great for ingrained dirt. Makeup, or greasy stains like moisturisers or sunscreen will need a stronger cleaning solution, like a less dilute APC for example.

Associate
So, I have baked in dust on one of my front wheels following a sticking brake running down to the bare metal.

This has led to baked on, orange roughness on the face of the alloy. Would an acidic wheel cleaner improve this or am I looking at a wheel refurb? A mate mentioned using a clay bar but, not sure where to start really.

Soldato
Multiple hits with fallout remover as a first step. If that doesn't work try clay. If you still get nowhere near removing it, try the acidic wheel cleaner. They can be pretty aggressive, especially on corroded paint or on diamond cut alloys, so always a last resort.

Soldato
Can someone explain what snow foam is, I normally just bucket wash my car with a decent shampoo and soft microfibre sponge.

I have a Karcher pressure washer, so wondering if I can use that for doing this snow foam thing, but what do I need to do it and what are the benefits?

Thanks

Associate
Multiple hits with fallout remover as a first step. If that doesn't work try clay. If you still get nowhere near removing it, try the acidic wheel cleaner. They can be pretty aggressive, especially on corroded paint or on diamond cut alloys, so always a last resort.

Thanking you!

Any particular fallout remover that is recommended? Can I use that across the car or just for the wheels (never used a fallout remover)

Soldato
Can someone explain what snow foam is, I normally just bucket wash my car with a decent shampoo and soft microfibre sponge.

I have a Karcher pressure washer, so wondering if I can use that for doing this snow foam thing, but what do I need to do it and what are the benefits?

Thanks

It's a pre-clean to loosen and remove dirt basically. Before going at it with wash mitt and bucket method. Lessens chances of swirls / scratches.

You'll need a snow foam (Bilt Hamber Auto Foam) and a foam lance from ebay (£16 - no point spending any more than that).

Associate
So, I have baked in dust on one of my front wheels following a sticking brake running down to the bare metal.

This has led to baked on, orange roughness on the face of the alloy. Would an acidic wheel cleaner improve this or am I looking at a wheel refurb? A mate mentioned using a clay bar but, not sure where to start really.

Oven cleaner works and doesn't seem to damage the alloy

Soldato
I have a few scratches on my car, quite light but noticeable as its a black car, I'm thinking about getting a machine polisher to make easy work of this stuff hopefully.

I have seen the DAS 6 machine polisher, is it a case of then just purchasing the correct polishing pad and polish to get the scratch out, was looking at Meguires scratch X

Soldato
Thanking you!

Any particular fallout remover that is recommended? Can I use that across the car or just for the wheels (never used a fallout remover)

Bilt Hamber Korrosol is good value for money and very effective. Yes, can use across the entire car.

I have a few scratches on my car, quite light but noticeable as its a black car, I'm thinking about getting a machine polisher to make easy work of this stuff hopefully.

I have seen the DAS 6 machine polisher, is it a case of then just purchasing the correct polishing pad and polish to get the scratch out, was looking at Meguires scratch X

ScratchX is mediocre. Try Ultimate Compound on a light cut or polishing pad, or Scholl S20+ on a Purple Spider pad. You can also try using a glaze or filler polish (like Autoglym SRP) to mask the scratches

Soldato
ScratchX is mediocre. Try Ultimate Compound on a light cut or polishing pad, or Scholl S20+ on a Purple Spider pad. You can also try using a glaze or filler polish (like Autoglym SRP) to mask the scratches

So would you say the Das 6 machine polisher is ok to use to do this? Ive never used a machine polisher so just unsure where to start. Cheers

@Cookeh

This is what i'm looking at, and it mentions the product you suggestedhttps://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher-meguiars-hex-logic-kit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom