Total War: Warhammer 2

Associate
Might have made a difference, but the majority of it was something they dropped with the last major patch/DLC. It changed turn timers from multiple minutes to the only real slow down being the animations.

Associate
It's a shame that I can't play this with SSAO enabled, as this setting crashes the game for some reason. Looks terrible without it.

Man of Honour
I'm on the final push against the dwarves and then I have the whole of the old world. I'm chasing a couple of Couronne and rogue Dwarf armies, but they aren't bothering to capture any settlements now. It is amazing that the dwarves are still able to pump out as many units as they are in the few mountain territories they have left, no wonder they grew so quickly. I'll capture the old world then go defensive along the western shore for a few turns. Just going to have a bit of fun now - it's been a stressful 20 turns or so!

I'd say my biggest mistake in this game was taking on the World Walkers. It took too much of my resources early on diverting my forces from lands that could have been more prosperous. I think I also didn't realise that the desert was a suitable climate for the empire, hence I didn't go south initially.

Associate
How do people find the Tomb Kings? I am looking to start a game with them some time soon.

Haven't posted in here much but been playing a lot of Warhammer 2 over the last couple of months and Tomb Kings are, I think, my favourite. They do require a very different way of playing though and IMO are very end game based with their later units, the tier V, awesome.

What I tend to do in the early stages is use 2 army's. 1 I make as good as I possibly can and the other is just packed with Skeleton units (mainly Spears and Archers). I use both in battle and use the first as fodder to weaken the opposition down and just as they start to crumble I will move the better army up. Obviously units don't cost anything to produce so it doesn't really matter if the entire army gets destroyed as long as you are sensible with it.

Associate
Managed to finish a short victory on my Vampire campaign. Kicked the dwarves out of the mountains, took over empire and breatonia then called it a day. Taking on the lizards and high elves and hunt marshal with my allies of Eshin, throgg and dark elves did not appeal to me for long victory.

So started another campaign on beta patch (kings shilling), playing as the beastmen who I have not played in about 4 years.

My god Khazrak is overpowered. Took Dwarves out by turn 35. All Gor units cost 0 to recruit, he can churn out rank 9 Bestigors at 13gp upkeep each, 5 or 6 of them in one turn.

Bestigors with redline buffs including the rank 7 or greater buff plus the Gorebull attack buffs makes a immense doom stack.

This is before I can put a second Gorebull in the stack giving the armour buffs too. I assume they stack.

Around turn 100 now and just wiping the empire endless doomstack waves. It’s just point and click and watch the Bestigors do the rest.

Reckon Legendary would be cake walk with beastmen. This is even before you factor in Malagor and Morgur stacks backing you up.

Man of Honour
I've taken much of the west of the map now. Lost a few full stacks in the process, but money is no longer a problem, so I can churn out full stacks with elite units every few turns.

Think I'll play as the dwarves next.

Soldato
I've taken much of the west of the map now. Lost a few full stacks in the process, but money is no longer a problem, so I can churn out full stacks with elite units every few turns.

Think I'll play as the dwarves next.

I love the dwarves, but fighting the Empire later on when they hammer artillery can be evil. Hellstorm batteries have range and destruction which the Dwarves struggle to get round because of a lack of mobility.

Iron Drakes can be an absolute hoot though!

Last edited:
Associate
Parked the Repanse campaign to start properly as the Lizardmen.

Interesting campaign so far as Gor-Rok and Lord Kroak. I played a defensive game for the first 25 turns to rake in funds to ensure my two settlements were suitably developed, then made what turned into an error in capturing a further settlement from Clan Pestilens; it was close-by but had a marching time of around 4-5 turns due to a river and other awkward terrain. Unable to afford a second stack and with less mobility, the Skaven could pick and choose where to raid and I could do jack all about it as they are able to regenerate at a frightening rate. Everytime I killed Skrolk, suddenly he'd reappear two turns later at the head of yet another 20-stack army.

The turning point came around turn 50 when I'd had to move Gor-Rok to my main province and they wasted my smaller, secondary Slann-led army and took the outlying settlement. Suddenly freed of economic burden and raiding I was able to make 3-4k per turn and upgrade to a higher settlement chain and gain access to key military upgrades. With 30k in the bank, I've just performed the Rite of Primeval Glory and spawned a beastly army of Stegadon and similarly nasty units. With flanks secure thanks to the dwarves and elves, my two stacks are about to roll right down into Skaven territory and smash their three settlements. I could gain little political agency with fellow Lizards early on, save for trade agreements, but my increased wealth now has the Cult of Sotek under Tehenhauin ready to confederate. This gives me a great springboard to begin to move against the vampires to the north too.

On another note, the difference between Gor-Rok and Lord Kroak is remarkable. Gor-Rok is basically a glorified warrior, whereas Kroak - and the devastating 'Deliverance of Itza' spells - is a death-dealing Slann maniac.

Back
Top Bottom