• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Metro Exodus - c0000005 - memory access violation crash after 20 hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Do you turn off your monitor/TV? Only time my PC ever crashes is if I've passed out on the sofa and the TV powers off. I switch it back on but by that point the game's crashed. My 2080Ti doesn't seem to like losing the connection to the display while running full screen mode.

However, as said at least twice already, save the game and turn it off rather than leaving it running for 20-30 hours.

usualy its some power saving mode in bios when it wont wake up properly.

Soldato
SOmebody said this to me:"any game should not be crash no matter how long you play or idle..."

so what you think?its my hardware issue?
SOmebody was wrong. Games are incredibly complex bits of software, and are far far far from flawless.

There are loads of bugs in AAA games, very possible that there is an software instability that only appears well past the expected play session length that hasn't/won't be patched because there is no point.

If the crash happens after 5 hours, don't make a thread

Soldato
There is always the same exception:"
Crash is something about c0000005 - memory access violation.

NULL POINTER WRITE. "

Always this.

This is a bug in the game, guarantee it. Probably something overflowing somewhere because no-one ever expects people to leave the game idling for 20+ hours.

There's a simple way to check, just leave a different game running for 20+ hours.

Permabanned
Worry! Take PC apart and reassemble is the best policy if you're at a loose end and need to make sure PC is OK.

It may also be worth change the thermal paste on the gpu & underclocking the DDR4. If it then still crashes after 20 hrs get yourself one of those current testers to ensure the psu is sending the current properly & if that all fails BUY A RUDDY CONSOLE! :D

You do know I'm kidding right?

Associate
OP
Last 2 questions about Metro Exodus,swear last time.

When i left game running Metro Exodus for hours ,like 12-30 hours,it will crash after that time. Sometimes after 12 hours,20 hours or 30 hours.

Log from Metro crash dump:

Crash is something about c0000005 - memory access violation.

NULL POINTER WRITE.

2. 04 January 2020.

Game was running 21 hours. Game not crashed before i click EXIT TO MAIN MENU.

After 21 hours, it crashed when i press ESC and then clicked EXIT TO MAIN MENU--->moment when GPU LOAD drops it crashed ,instead of EXIT TO MAIN MENU ofc.

I get BLACK SCREEN and no monitor signal for 1 minute, and crash to desktop with TDR driver crash in event log. After that i log off from system and log back in again and system rebooted unexpected.

But log from metro crash dumps was the same ,before reboot:

The same log:

Crash was about c0000005 - memory access violation.

NULL POINTER WRITE.

If pc rebooted unexpectedly after crash no reason to worry about hardware? After crash i make CTRL ALT DELETE ,log out from system and log back in again, then pc crashed /rebooted. It happened once after 21 hours when i tried to exit to main menu. Thx

Please answer to that two questions. Is hardware fine?

No have errors in Memtest86 or RAMTEST and no issues in benchmarks and games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom