Warcraft 3: Reforged

Soldato
Deserves to be.
Blizzard should cease trading pedalling shovelware such as this. I thought Star Wars BF2 was the low point for gaming but the fact that Blizzard not only made a 17yr old game worse, but lied about it in the process then replaced it so the original can no longer be played is the lowest point as far as I’m concerned.

The fact they they are making UBI, EA and Bethesda look consumer friendly speaks volumes. They all seem to be in a comp currently to see who can deposit the biggest, stinkiest steaming turd and Blizzard are winning!

Soldato
Anyone who still needs help with pre-order, 'insta-purchase' or 'shut up and take my money' Pavlovian responses when games are announced please go back and read the first two pages.

Will people EVER learn about pre-ordering? escpecially from absolute shysters like Acti/Blizz?

Associate
never actually played the original properly even tho I've owned the DVD discs since 2009 :o it looked too dated , on the remaster the massive ui is annoying why can't it be minimized you don't need it all the time, seems blizzard have gone back on a lot of stuff promised reading a few reviews online a new ui being one of them.

Soldato
really wanted this to be a simple remake, slightly spruced up graphics and ultrawide support. Really enjoyed warcraft 3 and expansion campaign must have finished it about 5 times.

Soldato
I mean to ruin people's original games on top of ripping them off with a piece of total junk 'remaster' they put 0 hours of work into is just blind-blowing, and to the follow that up with the insufferable arrogance, condescension, contempt and bare-faced lies of today's nopology.

How low can Blizzard go?

Associate
I mean to ruin people's original games on top of ripping them off with a piece of total junk 'remaster' they put 0 hours of work into is just blind-blowing, and to the follow that up with the insufferable arrogance, condescension, contempt and bare-faced lies of today's nopology.

How low can Blizzard go?
knowing blizzard, they can probably go lower!

Soldato
dad and i were eagerly awaiting this, warned him off it and im not touching it with a bargepole, we have the original discs if we want to play it :)

Soldato
Diablo 4 announced tommorow for pre-order packages costing up to $150 with no release date = Internet breaks with people announcing to the World that they have pre-ordered...

:)

Associate
I remember seeing the 2018 announcement and i was wow it actually looks like a step above a plain reskin with added new videos and gameplay and voice acting and was looking forward to it and would buy it on release date as it was one of the best games i have ever played back in the day. I didn't follow the reforged news until just a month before release.

I was hesitant as also i never preorder to avoid dissappointments like this, but this time it was preordered and gifted to me a few days before the original 31Dec2019 release date by my best friend from Uni when we were both playing the original WC3 on LAN and next to each other. Those were the days and basically what we both have fond memories from with countless hours of playing both campaigns at least 4 times and countless hours on custom maps, ladder and especially Dota games.

I was in for a ride, a horrible one that is.

Started the game, by mistake skipped the starting intro , started the orc campaign, saw the orc intro and I was like "Hey wait a minute this looks exactly the same as the old one, albeit higher res". And then boom, played the game with the updated graphics and it actually still looks dated in my eyes, not sure the shadows look wierd and appart from the models everything else in the background looks the same if not worse. I mean Dota 2 from Valve looks like Warcraft4 could be compared to this and that sais something. Then after finishing the first stage, tried to start a second one and bam Defeat! I cannot go past this I always get the defeat message so I physically cannot play this! Same with custom maps, it downloads the map and then crashes to the main screen. At least i restarted it to see the intro which now looks really nice although I have a feeling they made it more kid friendly at the end
The human's hand at the end had some spooky movement, but thats me and my nerdiness

The main screen menu which is supposed to have been redone from what i read looks wierd as there is a black background on the left part of the background possibly because of the Ultrawide screen i have - which by the way you can have as UW only on borderless Window and not fullscreen... More importantly its the same skin as the old one, both menu and in game UI, or at least up to how much i managed to play...

So many things are wrong with this release I will just mention the ones i found and or annoyed me the most. I am not a person who is going to get pitchforks and start chasing and blaming companies for every little thing i don't like on the Internet, but in this case i would gladly do that. This is the worse experience i have ever had from a game published by anyone, even indy games work better on release date. I would refund instantly but as it was a gift I cannot.

Things that annoyed me the most apart from the glitches that make the game unplayable are the following:
  • Falsely advertising new content, voice acting and new cutscenes which is still live on their website - see for example the Culling of Stratholme seen 2018 vs 2020 where basically it was a new direction of the cutscene with close ups vs the old cutscene with the new skins applied to it.
    • I just cant believe this is still on their website and what the curageous people in https://www.warcraft3refunded.com/ mocked blizzard about as "Over 4 hours of new cutscenes with cinematic cameras, new voice acting, and more story. Psyche! Same cutscenes, same voice acting, unchanged story." sais it all.
    • New content for me is one thing that was a big selling point, they said they would add more to connect it to WOW. Some characters could use some more campaign time, and it would be a nice addition since they are not making a Warcraft 4 RTS game for the past 18 years!
    • The new visuals some of them actually look worse, maybe because of the not pronounced cartoony elements like before.
  • Falsely advertising that there will be limitless custom game content. With the new EULA, who in their right mind will make new maps. I get why they did this, but give some incentive to map developers or throw us a bone, if you want your platform to have content you cannot blatantly tell us off and expect us to make new maps. I made some maps just for fun back then and was only doing so just for hobby, but i would be devastated if i used thousands of hours to make a really awesome map to have Blizzard make millions while i didn't even get a thank you for it and some tiny crables of leftovers from the whole pie they would get.
    • In my mind custom maps made WC3 popular in the first place, sold loads of coppies and kept it running and selling until the Dota 1 Bliz vs Valve fiasco. I remember i stopped playing normal ladder games and played only either campaign, or custom maps like Tower Defence games, DBZ or mostly DOTA 1 for years after release and i liked that ,every day i would find a new custom map to jump into.
  • Charge almost full price for a glorified reskin that removes important features from the original version.
    • Their spoils of war edition which is £35 pounds adds £10 extra for in my personal opinion, useless things. So they have time and budget as usual to make skins and pets but nothing of the sort to fix the game braking issues of the game!?
  • Their apology "we want to say we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted" seen here is not even an apology and sounds like an insult to me. It sounds more like Blizzard is saying that it is my fault for wanting too much? All i wanted was what was promised by Blizzard in their promo in their biggest events and on their website. I am starting to think they even haven't realised what went wrong and people are bad mouthing them, or should i say they know but throw the blame elsewhere - the users / fans which honestly won't win them anything.
  • No custom campaigns - that affects even original WC3 battlenet users...
  • When this released they didn't even issue refunds. One example of excuse was that if the game has been played then = no refund. So there were people like me who bought the game, tried to play it and was constantly crashing and their answer was "you played the game" so no refund. At least now they do give refunds but it had to blow up everywhere for them to take measures.
  • Huge issue I have is the original WC3 RC and TFT battlenet versions are wiped out and even if you don't own reforged you need to download reforged 30GB to play your old 2002 game, that is also missing important features that it used to have like clans, LAN and others. So they crippled the original game as well! Why touch that people were using its features that you Blizzard chopped. Why not keep the old client and make a new one like similar to WOW and Classic WOW. I was playing LAN with my friends, and also when i play campaign I want to be offline why should i be online to play single player! I know some features i didn't use but some others did, and in the end they were features of the 2002 game, that were advertised and what we paid for.
    • Imagine your favorite car maker comes out with the new model of the car you bought years back, only its a tiny facelift, same old tech as before, with a better shade of colour and a new bumper, has quite a few thousands of miles on the clock with missing features like no Climate control, or no more cruise control etc and charging almost full price.. At the same time they recall your car to patch something up and they take off your climate control and your cruise control even though you didn't buy the newly released car. That would never happen though because it is a physical product. Not the best analogy but WC3 Reforged is a product that got released and affected a previous product because they have to share the same client? So at best WC3 Reforged is a DLC to the original and not a new game, why sell it for new game price then?
The last point was the last straw for me, as it cripples the original awesome game and experience. They shouldn't touch the old game, if its a skin that some people want to buy let them buy it but price it £10 or so like SC1remaster, why cripple the old 2002 game and the features it has?
I haven't tried my original yet which was in a separate folder and was installed with the disks. Supposeldy only the battlenet version gets turned into the Reforged version and i read somewhere that wouldn't be a problem (don't blame me if it does as i haven't tested this) for at least LAN or campaign for my case, but as i don't have the disks with me I am hesitant to even start it just in case it decides to mess up the files with updating.

Long story I know, not written the best way and I apologise if it sounds like a rant but it has to be read by people because this is a horrible release and big companies need to understand what false advertising is. Also they need to stop betting on their huge names and past fame to make money for free and start giving some effort in their new products. Old Blizzard delayed games until they were ready. They delayed this for 1 month and this is what we get? Delay this indefinitelly until you deliver what you are still now advertising on your website please. Blizzard how much lower than rock bottom will you fall with all your bad publicity stands and stupid remarks and releases... This was one of the easiest jobs you could do and you botched it in the most horrible way.

I really feel sad for my friend who payed his hard earned money for 2 copies and he even did the mistake of getting the spoils of war version, if only he asked me sigh...If you are on the fence DO NOT BUY it. If you have and feel cheated, ask for a refund and don't take no for an answer if you have the game braking issues i have. If you are in a spot like me where you were gifted this and have to keep it, wait it out and hope that they at least fix the game braking bugs to enjoy one of the best campaigns an RTS game has ever had. If you can just go and play the original..

Don
Just to give a balanced opinion, I bought it (not the Spoils of War version) and I'm enjoying playing the single player campaign game in 4K (I didn't pre-order either). The modifications / updates to the UI mean it doesn't have the clankiness of older RTS games either.

I have no interest in WoW, so the comments about expanding the campaign don't really bother me. I wanted a re-modelled version of the original WC3 and that's precisely what I got :) I didn't expect anything more.

I can understand why the community is upset about the game though.

Associate
I would be happy if it was marketed like SCRemastered with no extra bells and whistles or anything advertised that is not coming. Just new textures and up resolution to 4k and thats it for £14 or less. What is bad is the false advertisment part.

My game doesn't play still and the price is almost double what SCremastered cost on release date which makes it harder to swallow (not including spoils of war version.. which is even higher). It is a brilliant game one of the best if not the best RTS we got and it is a shame it came out like this and it gets all this negative publicity.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Diablo 4 announced tommorow for pre-order packages costing up to $150 with no release date = Internet breaks with people announcing to the World that they have pre-ordered...

:)

im curious now as to what they will pull with diablo 4, maybe a bit of bait and switch with that one as well. kill ladders off across all previous games to encourage (force) people who like them to buy and play d4.

we already know theres going to be be mount skins and pets in a store wondering if they will go that one step too far and slap in pay to win because its "convenient mechanics" "you dont have to buy them!" and other such bs.

as for wc3 reforged i was going to get it, but in the state its arrived god no, it looks like some modders been let loose on the game for 12 months with no real testing of it.

Soldato
im curious now as to what they will pull with diablo 4, maybe a bit of bait and switch with that one as well. kill ladders off across all previous games to encourage (force) people who like them to buy and play d4.

we already know theres going to be be mount skins and pets in a store wondering if they will go that one step too far and slap in pay to win because its "convenient mechanics" "you dont have to buy them!" and other such bs.

as for wc3 reforged i was going to get it, but in the state its arrived god no, it looks like some modders been let loose on the game for 12 months with no real testing of it.

I know I certainly won't be buying it, I'm exepcting another scam as that's Act/Blizz's MO these days. I just wonder how many gaming scams it takes for people to stop pre-ordering?

I think as far as the genre goes I'd have thought POE would be a better option than Diablo these days?

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I know I certainly won't be buying it, I'm exepcting another scam as that's Act/Blizz's MO these days. I just wonder how many gaming scams it takes for people to stop pre-ordering?

I think as far as the genre goes I'd have thought POE would be a better option than Diablo these days?

honestly im more excited for that minecraft dungeon thing than diablo 4, as for POE i just couldnt get in to it.

Back
Top Bottom