Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Typically Australian with the dust storms looming at five hours left and then a rainstorm hitting with an hour or so.

Some good action. The Audi's seemed to have horrendous luck. The 222 was belting around with the rear right smoking like hell and them not bringing him straight back in, with the old tyre in the pits with a strip worn out of it. Great catch by the driver to save him seeing the wall.

Soldato
I watched almost all of it and then fell asleep with an hour to go, I woke up just as it finished. Such a pity the #8 Bentley didn’t finish, they made a great comeback. Weird that both Bentley’s blew rears at some point.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Big oof for Alonso...

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/49607/honda-torpedo-alonso-triple-crown-dream/

I’m not going to lie, I don’t have a massive amount of sympathy for him because at the end of the day this is his own making.

He is a prat and needs to disappear from Motorsport media. Back tracking on his words only now becasue they've rightly decided to not associate with him anymore. He's never been a team player unless it was in has favour. Terrible sportsman and I can't wait for the day he's forgotten about and the attention is focussed on someone more deserving.

Caporegime
I thought he would be slaughtered by Perez last year, and in qualifying he was, but in truth he was far more impressive than I expected. He's not a top 10 driver and never will be, but he certainly hasn't embarrassed himself.

Quite. I don't really understand the vitriol directed towards Stroll. He's a reasonable enough lower end driver, seems like a decent enough chap, he's not a total liability on track - causing crash after crash like some - and he's not a mile behind the other drivers. Also, while you can point to luck landing him that podium in Azerbaijan 2017, luck is a part of F1 and it taking your opportunities is a sizeable chunk of the skill of the sport.

You can complain about the money getting him into the sport; but then you're complaining about half the grid.

Soldato
He is a prat and needs to disappear from Motorsport media. Back tracking on his words only now becasue they've rightly decided to not associate with him anymore. He's never been a team player unless it was in has favour. Terrible sportsman and I can't wait for the day he's forgotten about and the attention is focussed on someone more deserving.

I did wonder why there were a few stories the days before where he was being humble and slightly apologetic about those F1 days, then this story came out and it all made sense! Haha!

I can see the same thing happening to Max. He’s already started trying to burn the bridges at Ferrari by calling them cheats last year! Plus if Honda pull out RB will never get a supply with Merc or Ferrari so he’ll be screwed.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Coronavirus: Chinese Grand Prix in doubt as Shanghai suspends sports events - link.

Can't say I'm shocked. Or even all that disappointed to be perfectly honest. If I was going to lose a race from the season, this one would be on the list of preferred options.

Soldato
Coronavirus: Chinese Grand Prix in doubt as Shanghai suspends sports events - link.

Can't say I'm shocked. Or even all that disappointed to be perfectly honest. If I was going to lose a race from the season, this one would be on the list of preferred options.

A couple of friends have discussed going to the Vietnam race. The risk of the virus spreading is a bit of a concern. Think we're going to make the final decision this weekend.

Soldato
A couple of friends have discussed going to the Vietnam race. The risk of the virus spreading is a bit of a concern. Think we're going to make the final decision this weekend.
Vietnam should be fine. I've had friends just come back from Hong Kong (who've had more cases of CV than Vietnam, 22 to 10, including 1 death) and they were still allowed to travel and didn't have to be quarantined. I think the whole thing is massively blown out of proportion, ala avian flu.

Back
Top Bottom