Plane splits in two on landing in Istanbul.

Soldato
The BBC stated the plane landed in heavy rain with a strong tailwind. I thought it was standard practice to take off and land into a headwind? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51384667

There was a developing thunderstorm over the airport and wind direction was very variable. Two previous aircraft had had to perform go arounds. Apparently aircraft waiting for departure were being informed that the runway direction was being changed.

Soldato
Textbook GD. Now we just need a resident power poster to come in, fresh from Googling, and proclaim to be an expert on this particular runway, airport, aircraft and pilot and we’ll be set for another great discussion!
Castiel left, well I say left, he here under a different name I suspect.

Soldato
I have extensive experience in using Wikipedia and can exclusively reveal that breaking up on landing is not considered normal for a commercial airliner.

Next you’ll be telling me that there’s lots of these planes round the world and this doesn’t often happen. That planes are built to strict standards and aren’t suppose to split in two. That they can’t be made of cardbord or cardboard derivatives, no paper, no string, no selotape.

Soldato
Next you’ll be telling me that there’s lots of these planes round the world and this doesn’t often happen. That planes are built to strict standards and aren’t suppose to split in two. That they can’t be made of cardbord or cardboard derivatives, no paper, no string, no selotape.

This is the sort of post for which 'like' buttons would best be used. :D

Back
Top Bottom