• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone else here got one of these 12nm Ryzen 1600 CPU's? Spoiler Alert!! It's awesome AF.. ;)

Associate
OP
Ah, so OcUK don't stock them. I've found it, although it's listed as £98. I'm building a budget system for my daughter, and I have a Z170 motherboard so was looking to pick up a 6600k or 6700k but maybe it'd be better with this 6 core.

Hmmm.

If it's £98, then you're looking at the wrong one :D

Associate
Ordered one from elsewhere as OcUk were out of stock, they have confirmed I'm getting the AF chip, have to admit to letting out a bit of a girly squeal at the thought :) First AMD chip I've used since my old T-bird 1200 :)

Out of curiosity, how does one of these stack up against a 2500k?
This is what I'm replacing in my daughters PC, hoping to get a significant lift in performance, used https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/619vs3919 as a basis for the 1600 non-AF chip comparison and even that outperforms it. Not bad for a ~£200 upgrade :)

Caporegime
tbh i dont get the hype. faster amd cpus can be had for literally the same price if you sell the free game you get with them. which often is instant on members market.

Soldato
tbh i dont get the hype. faster amd cpus can be had for literally the same price if you sell the free game you get with them. which often is instant on members market.

The sooner you inform people what CPUs are faster at £80 the sooner we can buy them? :)

Caporegime
they are £85. for a 6 core amd cpu. a 2600 is faster. they start at £100 when on offer. buy a 2600 on offer sell borderlands 3. you basically have a faster cpu than these for same price. 2700s are as low as 120. same again sell borderlands. 15 quid more for a faster 8 core cpu. so there is no real point in these if you sell the game you get free with the other cpus. the games sell very quick on members market.

a 2700 for basically 100 pound is a steal.

Soldato
Except to get the codes (which sell for £12 btw) you need to buy from an AMD retailer/seller or no code, and no one is selling them even close to the prices presently. So if you want an R5 2600 now, but called an R5 1600 AF, then just spend the £85 and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom