Common disregard for rules and regulations

Caporegime
I love this, reading how people think other drivers are terrible and dont follow rules whilst many of the same people when talking about cyclists talk about how much they hate them as they never follow the rules whilst pretending that drivers are above reproach.

Whereas I just think most road users are crap.

Soldato
I see mothers every morning in their giant 4x4s picking up swathes of kids and then shooting off down our smaller roads with phones pressed to their ears almost every morning.

As a result I’m incredibly vigilant when walking the streets nowadays after having a near miss back in December. No one gives a damn anymore until they are affected.

Also - I love that gif and lol every time I see it :D “don’t press that turbo boost butto..”

Soldato
The previous mayor turned the entirety of Bristol into a 20mph zone which i just refuse to follow and drive at 30. I think most people don't even follow the limit and I've had police in front or behind me also going 30.

Some rules are just a waste of time

Soldato
:D

It's only wrong if someone else is doing it.

It isn't that "Cyclists don't follow the rules" that is annoying. It is that they don't follow the rules and then whine about when it all goes horribly wrong.

Cyclist jumps red light and is hit by car. WAhhh, Drivers fault.

Cyclist rides on pavement, hits pedestrian WAhhh Pedestrian's fault.

Example actually posted here, Cyclist rides on Pavement and hits car emerging from driveway WAhhh, Drivers fault.

This is the problem!

:p

Soldato
Guilty! They can get ****** if they think I'm leaving my rucksack and coat behind. I'm happy taking the risk of an extra 30s or so to grab them before leaving the building.

I can understand this rule in things like schools. But in a place of work, you should have some common sense to determine if you can make it back to your desk to grab a coat/bag. Also... if it is a test, the fire marshals are never particularly quick and checking the building is empty, so you could be stood outside in the rain/cold for 20 mins.

Soldato
The previous mayor turned the entirety of Bristol into a 20mph zone which i just refuse to follow and drive at 30. I think most people don't even follow the limit and I've had police in front or behind me also going 30.

Some rules are just a waste of time

A smart move that, most travel at 30 or lower now instead of 40+, and doing it without realising ;)

Soldato
It isn't that "Cyclists don't follow the rules" that is annoying. It is that they don't follow the rules and then whine about when it all goes horribly wrong.

Cyclist jumps red light and is hit by car. WAhhh, Drivers fault.

Cyclist rides on pavement, hits pedestrian WAhhh Pedestrian's fault.

Example actually posted here, Cyclist rides on Pavement and hits car emerging from driveway WAhhh, Drivers fault.

This is the problem!

:p

That's what everyone does when they get it wrong. Plenty of drivers whine like busted milk floats when they get it wrong and then come up with elaborate scenarios whilst trying to justify their mistakes and how it couldn't possibly have been their fault.
It's nothing to do with cyclists or drivers or [insert other form of transport] purely human nature.

Soldato
Set the speed limits 10 mph below what's required as the majority will push it 5-10mph over anyway. Everyone's a winner, motorist thinks he's still sticking it to the man, man has brought average speeds down to required levels.

Sadly you still get the frequent 'racers' who think that every residential road is Pikes Peak training session

Soldato
Sadly you still get the frequent 'racers' who think that every residential road is Pikes Peak training session

Thing is, You hardly ever get to see the Police/Cameras on the residential roads where this is actually rather dangerous and antisocial. You only ever seem to get them on the 3 lane DC that for some bizarre reason has been designated a "30"

No, nothing about revenue, Nothing at all.....:/

Associate
I like the way they do speed tests on roads to see if it's viable to stick a mobile camera there beforehand too.

Although least it gives people a headsup i suppose XD

Associate
I will freely admit to disregarding lots of rules and regulations. I'm not going to blindly abide by something without thought just because it's been said.
I wouldn't dream of inconveniencing anyone else In my transgressions though as I'm not selfish :p

Caporegime
Double yellow parking is one that really gets my back up at the moment, there's someone at the end of the street who does it every single day and it's right on the end of a busy road, so the traffic tails back because they're parked where they shouldn't be. It's also just down the road from a school, so any time around school closing is an absolute nightmare and dangerous as people try to nip out and back in.

Do the council/HA do anything about it, no. Reported it ages ago and they told me they'd "add the street to the wardens path". Obviously not, because they're there every single day and would surely move if they'd been ticketed?

Man of Honour
Thing is, You hardly ever get to see the Police/Cameras on the residential roads where this is actually rather dangerous and antisocial. You only ever seem to get them on the 3 lane DC that for some bizarre reason has been designated a "30"

No, nothing about revenue, Nothing at all.....:/

Couple of bits near me where it is 2 or 3 lanes, dead straight, good visibility, etc. for a couple of hundred metres or so at 30 or 40 before the change to NSL... guess where they like to site a speed trap :s

Back
Top Bottom