*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
I think there's plenty of content in there for me to last 6 months if not more for the £11.50 I spent, the only thing I haven't got that I need is the crafting bag. Which I might sub for later. The DLC's like Dark Brotherhood i'll play later, and I'll get the Skyrim content when its cheaper.

If you truly explore every single map, do every quest, listen to all quest lines (they are all but 1 unique), today there is more than 6 months worth of content.
Why I say that. It took me 8 months in 2014 to do the base game (no DLC/expansions then) at 4 hours per day, every day.
Plus quite a few hours with the Khajiit guild at Cyrodiil killing reds and blues.

Soldato
Wait till you start getting alt characters :o

On another note, anyone got a necro build? What class / role you specced it into and how is it? looking at possibly a stamina Necro build but curious how it plays vs other class's.

Soldato
Ok, after a lot of procrastination I have finally started playing again and decided to start a new character. I have 4 older characters, the highest was level 28, but, I have completely forgot how to play the game so I needed to begin again.

I have picked a Nord Dragon Knight starting in the Ebonheart Pact alliance. With no clear idea of what I want from the Character. Hopefully inspiration will hit me as I play a little and learn the game.

Associate
Ok, after a lot of procrastination I have finally started playing again and decided to start a new character. I have 4 older characters, the highest was level 28, but, I have completely forgot how to play the game so I needed to begin again.

I have picked a Nord Dragon Knight starting in the Ebonheart Pact alliance. With no clear idea of what I want from the Character. Hopefully inspiration will hit me as I play a little and learn the game.

There isn't really any 'proper' way of playing. You can go for any type, with any race and still do well. It is only if you are trying to min/max that you will need to plan everything.

Soldato
There isn't really any 'proper' way of playing. You can go for any type, with any race and still do well. It is only if you are trying to min/max that you will need to plan everything.

Yeah, will worry about the min/max stuff later. Have completely lost the feel for the game. The last time I played, I remember enjoying been a Nightblade the most. It was funny playing through the Tutorial, I would say 8 out of 10 characters were using lighting spells or had pets. I think I was the only player there swinging a sword :)

Soldato
Most people want to recreate that powerful caster archtype I expect, at least for there first character. Myself included :p rolled a MagSorc for my first build.

Saying that, the stamina based builds are usually more powerful then the magic version, more of a high risk / high reward playstyle so lots of blast playing stamina.

Soldato
Anyone using ESOUI add-ons plus Minion?

Fyrakin minimap working fine. Can't get Harvest map, Skyshards, Lorebooks to work, first time I installed them I got the list of herbs etc on the map UI (the tickboxes) on the filters list, but nothing on the map, this time i've reinstalled and they don't even appear on the filters list under waypoints etc.

Soldato
Jut hit level 6 with my Nord DK. Enjoying the game so far. Haven't committed to anything build wise. At moment running with a 2 handed weapon and the Ardent Flame tree.

Have found a nice like spot on Bleak Island where there is a few chests and some mats (runes, iron ore, maple and jute) By the time I run around them the first ones have started to respawn.

Not in a hurry to do anything. Just going to take my time and enjoy the game.

How good is the build adviser?
Where is the best place to downloads mods from?

Soldato
Jut hit level 6 with my Nord DK. Enjoying the game so far. Haven't committed to anything build wise. At moment running with a 2 handed weapon and the Ardent Flame tree.

Have found a nice like spot on Bleak Island where there is a few chests and some mats (runes, iron ore, maple and jute) By the time I run around them the first ones have started to respawn.

a) Nord Dragonknight how unique and rare :p Make a Templar mate to see the light :D
b) ESOUI. You need none actually. Except if you plan for leaderboards etc at CP810+ until then play the game without.

Soldato

The build advisory is okay, however neat thing is you can always respec and stuff down the line so at this point just have fun trying the various skills. Most content is doable in this game without min/maxing and if you grab skyshards, quests dungons etc you will eventually have skill points to get everything you want.

In general, dragonkights make good tanks or if you go down the DPS route generally use flame based attacks. As a Nord, your passives are not really geared for flame based attacks ( vs say a Dark elf) or DPS in general, but even then, the best race would only matter if min / maxing. However you have very good passives for tanking (resistance which combined with some of dragonkights skills will actually provide a very strong foundation for a tank build.

ESOUI is the place to go, plenty of nice mods there. Personally I would grab so ease of life ones, even if your not going to leaderboard scores etc. Ones that improve inventory. Can grab Skyshards, lore books etc, harvest spots etc, but may feel cheap from the onset so could skip these. You can of course play without mods, I put in 500 or so hours before my first mod, but there are plenty which do improve the game overall IMO.

Soldato
I recently started playing again as a Khajit Templar. Probably around level 6 in Elsweyr.

Going for a stamina based build.

Bright moons my friend. Jone and Jode guide you well :)
Khajiit Templar is one of the most solid options there for either Magicka or Stamina builds. And you will never ever get bored with a Templar.
To the point you might end up with 6 Khajiit Templars like some :rolleyes:

(out of 14 Khajiit) :D

My main is still going strong since March 2014, during the pre-release weekend for those pre-ordered the game. Shame had my two even older Khajiit templars deleted during the Beta phases in January & February.

Soldato
a) Nord Dragonknight how unique and rare :p Make a Templar mate to see the light :D
b) ESOUI. You need none actually. Except if you plan for leaderboards etc at CP810+ until then play the game without.

Well, they are unique and rare, at least where I started. It's all Templars, mages and wardens.
ESOUI, thanks!! will give that a look through.

Soldato
The build advisory is okay, however neat thing is you can always respec and stuff down the line so at this point just have fun trying the various skills. Most content is doable in this game without min/maxing and if you grab skyshards, quests dungons etc you will eventually have skill points to get everything you want.

In general, dragonkights make good tanks or if you go down the DPS route generally use flame based attacks. As a Nord, your passives are not really geared for flame based attacks ( vs say a Dark elf) or DPS in general, but even then, the best race would only matter if min / maxing. However you have very good passives for tanking (resistance which combined with some of dragonkights skills will actually provide a very strong foundation for a tank build.

ESOUI is the place to go, plenty of nice mods there. Personally I would grab so ease of life ones, even if your not going to leaderboard scores etc. Ones that improve inventory. Can grab Skyshards, lore books etc, harvest spots etc, but may feel cheap from the onset so could skip these. You can of course play without mods, I put in 500 or so hours before my first mod, but there are plenty which do improve the game overall IMO.

cheers for the informative post :) It wasn't until I started playing and putting points into skills that I realised the Nord wasn't exactly going to match up with the skills I was picking.

The Lore books and the Skyshards would really make things easier. Will see how I get on and might add them later on.

Soldato
Well, they are unique and rare, at least where I started. It's all Templars, mages and wardens.
ESOUI, thanks!! will give that a look through.

Look Nord DK tank was very very common combination for 5 years. I bet the significant majority who plays since 2014 has a Nord or Imperial DK Tank.
The 20 odd people from my main guild are the only ones who don't have one. Because we all play exclusively Khajiit for 6 years now. :D

Also by "mages" you refer to sorcerers? Because if you want something truly exceptional and rare build that works absolutely beautifully, Stamina Sorcerer DD with 2h. And if you want even more rare build, Altmer/Khajiit Ice Warden Magicka tank. I always caught off guard my PUGs when they see a tank with dual ice staff and what looks like a robe :D

Back
Top Bottom