**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Do 5g phones not do 4g too ? Surely they do ?

They do, but at the moment for whatever reason (lack of adoption at the moment and price) they are making phones that do have 5G vs phones that dont, but by 2021 or 2022 5G will become standard on all phones so they wont need to do phones that dont have it

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

the pricing is expected but the number of models is frustrating to say the least.

Agree. Im not really a fan of all these models getting released for essentially the same exact phone. Apple rumoured to be releasing a whole bunch as well that it just seems unecessary, especially dropping them all at the same time.

I prefer products to be streamlined. Ideal lineup would have been 3 models:

1) The regular S20 (could just be the new 'lite' or 'e' model with a smaller size and less features as it cant fit everything)
2) S20+ (the bigger regular version with extra features perhaps)
3) The S20 ultra (Flagship with bleeding edge tech, which is mainly for enthusiasts)

Dont see the point in having anymore than this in all honesty.

Associate
Gosh! Them prices and so many models!

Don't understand why they are charging more for 5G. Just have the 5G model which I'm sure they will fallback to 4G if the sim isn't compatible or no signal is found.

I presume including a 5G modem is more costly.

nt5eTN8.jpg
1hUsHyX.jpg

Soldato
I presume including a 5G modem is more costly.

Probably a little more, but nothing like what they're charging. Most of the premium is likely because Samsung think people will pay an extra £50-100 for the privilege of having a 5G phone on the back of all the publicity 5G is currently getting.

Caporegime
Hhhhmm ugly camera bump is ugly. Word that the Note 20 will have a better implementation of the S20's high refresh rate screen - assume that means 90Hz+ @ 1440p.

Associate
Probably a little more, but nothing like what they're charging. Most of the premium is likely because Samsung think people will pay an extra £50-100 for the privilege of having a 5G phone on the back of all the publicity 5G is currently getting.

I wonder in a years time or so when you come to sell your S20 4G model and 5G is more widespread, then the s/h 4G model may take a bigger hit? Not that I'm bothered as being rural doubt we'll see 5G anytime soon! Can't say as I'm bothered as 4G does all I require.

Not rushing to buy an S20 of any description. If leaked prices are to be believed then looking expensive. Bought a s/h S10 a couple of months back - size suits me and a great phone, apart from one or two small annoyances when I took the android 10 update. But anyway, S20 range are looking like good phones.

Soldato
Debating whether to get a case or not. Never liked the idea of it so never owned one before, but £1,200 is a lot of phone to protect.

Soldato
Debating whether to get a case or not. Never liked the idea of it so never owned one before, but £1,200 is a lot of phone to protect.
I've never used a case on any phone before. Currently still using my launch S8 and it is smashed on pretty much every corner front and back. I'll be getting the S20 Ultra and a case for sure. It's too expensive to not protect and I want to make it last at least as long as my S8. I'm hoping Spigen release cases before the S20 is shipped as I like the look of their Ultra Hybrid cases.

Soldato
I've never used a case on any phone before. Currently still using my launch S8 and it is smashed on pretty much every corner front and back. I'll be getting the S20 Ultra and a case for sure. It's too expensive to not protect and I want to make it last at least as long as my S8. I'm hoping Spigen release cases before the S20 is shipped as I like the look of their Ultra Hybrid cases.
I am the same. On my launch S8 which is smashed to pieces on the back, although the screen has held up well actually. Those Spigen cases look nice.

Soldato
At those prices I'm not buying samsung this year.

OP8 is meant to have a Samsung 120hz screen and I also heard the 108MP camera sensor. Probably at 60% of the price, allied to software that doesn't jerk like a 15 year old PC when you scroll up a news feed.

Soldato
With this kind of pricing we can't make fun of apple iPhone buyers anymore :D

At the rate Samsung increasing there prices every year apple iphones are going to end up being cheaper

Samsung don't see themselves as a budget option and will continue to match Apple on price (as far as their flagships go). The requirement is presumably to be recognized as a luxury, premium brand in the same way as Apple.

Back
Top Bottom