The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Good luck @413x !

Still waiting to exchange hoping to be next week now. We've paid our last months rent so this month we need to pack up our stuff and move it up to my grandmothers as we'll be there for 2-3 months (I hope to god it's only 2). Luckily we don't own much/will be throwing away most of the bits we currently own as we'll be buying lots of new bits as we've got a pretty chunky John Lewis voucher to buy the bits we need

Associate
Good luck @413x !

Still waiting to exchange hoping to be next week now. We've paid our last months rent so this month we need to pack up our stuff and move it up to my grandmothers as we'll be there for 2-3 months (I hope to god it's only 2). Luckily we don't own much/will be throwing away most of the bits we currently own as we'll be buying lots of new bits as we've got a pretty chunky John Lewis voucher to buy the bits we need
Ha! Looks like you are in the same position as we are. We have suppose to exchange on Monday but it looks like its going to be today. Only a month delay......

Associate
It's surprising how a 3 week overlap can vanish very quickly.

When we purchased ours it was all very rushed at the end, so we pretty much exchanged and completed within 2/3 days, but that gave us about 3 weeks left of the flat we were renting.

By the time i started tearing some of the rooms apart to paint walls and ceiling, ripped off the old skirting board and pulled up the carpet, those 3 weeks just vanished.

Same here. We made a concerted effort to decorate before moving stuff in - it was the quickest weeks of my life.

It paid off, we managed to decorate the main rooms.

Paid a rental overlap of one month (in hindsight it was worth it) as we managed to do the big jobs before moving in.

Caporegime
Yeah time is going to go quick. Alyth having to go to pesky work!

We have until 28th to move (and clean the rental )

Did a 12 hour driving session last 36 hours to collect excess stuff from my parents and bring it back to Cardiff.
So now have this long wheel base van full to brim with stuff .. So have to move the flat stuff too!

Why do we have so much ****??

Soldato
Does anyone have any experience with land registry?

My solicitor has given the sellers solicitors some options as still struggling to get the lender to remove the c1 charge. The issue from the lenders perspective is the charge dates back to 1975 (paid in 2000) and since then the company has moved out of the mortgage business and sold it off.

The sellers have a receipted copy of the mortgage saying paid in full, however the receipt stamp is from a differing lender to the original mortgage lender. E.g. the mortgage form from company A and company B (who took the mortgage on) actually receipted saying it had been paid in full.

The options my solicitor has given is 1) for the sellers solicitor to get an email from the land registry saying this is fine and dandy and we can exchange. Or 2)t provide a commitment to remove the charge within 28days of completion.

I can't see them going for 2 however 1 seems viable. I've asked my solicitor if she thinks it's a goer but she just avoids the question and says it for the seller, who have not responded to this yet.

Hopefully we'll get some clarity early next week but if anyone's experienced anything similar be useful to know... Otherwise seems we're stuck in the same rut.

Soldato
Does anyone have any experience with land registry?

My solicitor has given the sellers solicitors some options as still struggling to get the lender to remove the c1 charge. The issue from the lenders perspective is the charge dates back to 1975 (paid in 2000) and since then the company has moved out of the mortgage business and sold it off.

The sellers have a receipted copy of the mortgage saying paid in full, however the receipt stamp is from a differing lender to the original mortgage lender. E.g. the mortgage form from company A and company B (who took the mortgage on) actually receipted saying it had been paid in full.

The options my solicitor has given is 1) for the sellers solicitor to get an email from the land registry saying this is fine and dandy and we can exchange. Or 2)t provide a commitment to remove the charge within 28days of completion.

I can't see them going for 2 however 1 seems viable. I've asked my solicitor if she thinks it's a goer but she just avoids the question and says it for the seller, who have not responded to this yet.

Hopefully we'll get some clarity early next week but if anyone's experienced anything similar be useful to know... Otherwise seems we're stuck in the same rut.
Land registry don't tend to comment pre-application on whether something would or would not be acceptable on an individual case so can't see #1 being likely either unfortunately

Associate
Finally getting a photo posted. Its a 4 bed end of cul de sac. Its 1970's decor throughout from the brown carpets to the pink flowery bathroom suite and matching tile. Bought it as a project.

2.5 garages with electric doors and access to the internal space.

It needs a lot of work but I am happy to do it. Bedroom 1 already stripped to shell and being cleaned up ready for paint. Just waiting on electrician to put in new double sockets where I need them.

y4mgu7kJEAgKRBJ-B9WGJa_LV-hzU0cNuztrrAFizws5gTZHzZcfjzQcr0IA4cnYJGaJZlQumThgfyH63PZU5CIm7DAxUnwSwiB-13HCxzEN7g9LExr1jUpqq-_XmFB-hDGIbF5nBtgKE_FE1BjEpYZJJvk9jOcWpg0yC6oQlBeIGCz6T9O9UoOT4v746w7V2w-X34G_msh43dH3Wcl4_cckg

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally getting a photo posted. Its a 4 bed end of cul de sac. Its 1970's decor throughout from the brown carpets to the pink flowery bathroom suite and matching tile. Bought it as a project.

2.5 garages with electric doors and access to the internal space.

It needs a lot of work but I am happy to do it. Bedroom 1 already stripped to shell and being cleaned up ready for paint. Just waiting on electrician to put in new double sockets where I need them.

y4mgu7kJEAgKRBJ-B9WGJa_LV-hzU0cNuztrrAFizws5gTZHzZcfjzQcr0IA4cnYJGaJZlQumThgfyH63PZU5CIm7DAxUnwSwiB-13HCxzEN7g9LExr1jUpqq-_XmFB-hDGIbF5nBtgKE_FE1BjEpYZJJvk9jOcWpg0yC6oQlBeIGCz6T9O9UoOT4v746w7V2w-X34G_msh43dH3Wcl4_cckg

We've got your post code! May want to change it as we can see your potential new address!

Looks like a good buy! Congrats. We've now had the ATP from Help to Buy so looking like hopefully exchange should happen this week. And then the arguments about decorating can start.

Last edited:
Soldato
Feel like can breathe now. But so much to do. I want to set up the living room but need to strip wallpaper.

How are you guys going ?

Still feel like ages away. Had the authority to proceed today, which should've been sooner but it is what it is. Hoping to finally exchange this week. All in the hands of the solicitors now

Soldato
Completion date on Friday... its been a very long 3.5 months. Can't complain with the timing because I'm off work for a week (half term) from Friday, can't quite believe the time is almost here tbh.

Back
Top Bottom