• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gfx Card art?

Associate
hi
have had the idea to do this for a while but apart from being unsure it was also quite difficult in finding the cards I was seeking reasonably priced.

This is self indulgent as i'm framing and displaying my pc gaming history. The picture is of two ati 9800 pro's 128mb AGP goodness.

Next it will be an 8800GT and 8800GTX.

What do people think?

Thanks

4P3AKB4.jpg

Soldato
I went to a hospital in South Manchester a few weeks back. They have something similar on the walls of the corridors. Mainly motherboards from what I saw. Very old ones at that.

The older boards don't look as fancy as the new ones.

Also, I've seen somewhere a GPU wall. Might of been on this forum, I dunno

Soldato
I think to call it art you need to do something with it rather than simply frame an electronic device. It’s not like you can just stick something to a wall and call it art...

...unless it’s a banana of course!

Man of Honour
Cant really say it looks bad, I have a delidded and normal epyc chip and some stripped down vega gpus sitting on my shelf.

Associate
OP
Maybe I used the term art wrongly but the 9800 Pro is a bit special to me; I did have a 2mb gfx card before with a 486sx x25 but the 9800 Pro I got back into gaming.

I think they look cool anyways.

Soldato
If some one can call
Tracey emins bed art then
You can definitely call yours
Art mate :D

Gone from poems to art ;)

Only messing pal.

I have dyslexia. (I could have spelt it 3 different ways)(Google to the rescue hahaha) mine isn't the same as yours. But it's also not the same as most people think. B's and D's mixed up or writing things backwards or what ever. Spectrum is massive. Well Welled for taking everything on the chin and if I'm honest people have said my posts are hard to read but over the years I've learnt to put dots and stupid squiggles in the right places over the years just to please the few.

Soldato
Gone from poems to art ;)

Only messing pal.

I have dyslexia. (I could have spelt it 3 different ways)(Google to the rescue hahaha) mine isn't the same as yours. But it's also not the same as most people think. B's and D's mixed up or writing things backwards or what ever. Spectrum is massive. Well Welled for taking everything on the chin and if I'm honest people have said my posts are hard to read but over the years I've learnt to put dots and stupid squiggles in the right places over the years just to please the few.
I don't mind in the least
If people make fun of me if
It's in a good humoured way I can
Laugh at myself which is
No bad thing
Usher and dowie did the most
Hilarious rap about my
Spacing on another of my threads
I highly recommend reading
Those lol
And some people yes do have a
Vague understanding of
What Dyslexia can cover but to
Be fair it's same as a lot
Of things in life if you haven't been
Through something then you
Can't fully grasp it
If I help a few people or make a few
Smile then it's all good
To me it's a relatively minor issue
I learned to cope with it
In the way that works for me
There are many people much worse
Off than me in many ways

Soldato
I don't mind in the least
If people make fun of me if
It's in a good humoured way I can
Laugh at myself which is
No bad thing
Usher and dowie did the most
Hilarious rap about my
Spacing on another of my threads
I highly recommend reading
Those lol
And some people yes do have a
Vague understanding of
What Dyslexia can cover but to
Be fair it's same as a lot
Of things in life if you haven't been
Through something then you
Can't fully grasp it
If I help a few people or make a few
Smile then it's all good
To me it's a relatively minor issue
I learned to cope with it
In the way that works for me
There are many people much worse
Off than me in many ways

Going off topic so I'm more than happy for you to pm me.

But.. I really struggle with spacing and sentencing but if I'm honest your post make it easy to read on my phone because I don't need to scroll left and right as much hahahaha.

Me and my wife make a right pair. I can't spell for **** and she can't do maths. It works for us hahahaha

Man of Honour
Maybe I used the term art wrongly but the 9800 Pro is a bit special to me; I did have a 2mb gfx card before with a 486sx x25 but the 9800 Pro I got back into gaming.

I think they look cool anyways.

Likewise the 9700 pro was my special card. I went through loads of them, volt modding, poking around with them and generally breaking them in the end. At one point I had about 4 9700's and a couple of 9500's none of them working :). Loved em! RV400 was special it was a step change back then that you rarely see now days.

Soldato
Going off topic so I'm more than happy for you to pm me.

But.. I really struggle with spacing and sentencing but if I'm honest your post make it easy to read on my phone because I don't need to scroll left and right as much hahahaha.

Me and my wife make a right pair. I can't spell for **** and she can't do maths. It works for us hahahaha
Yes will leave it on topic
I just posted a dyslexic thread
Please feel free to go
There and chat
Hopefully any one else with dyslexia will too

Caporegime
Never understood the emotional connection with Robot created mass produced PCB’s

PC hardware are just tools...for a job...then then they go EOL....

But whatever floats your own boat I guess... :)

Back
Top Bottom