Fan Grill

Soldato
bit pointless, but 3D printing some white fan grills for a white pc build, downloaded file from thingiverse , printed ok. PC is only an old 4 core xeon at 2.6ghz so cooling isnt really an issue anyway

yvQ4POH.jpg

Soldato
I like it
What's the rough cost
To print something like that?
And I was wondering if
It's possible to print
Closed cable combs that
Come in 2 halves
And click together?
So can put them on with out having
To take the cables off
Closed cable combs are nice
But the thought of having
To remove all the wires to put
Them on
Puts me off from getting sone

Soldato
OP
dont know,just electric and a bit of filament, the printer and the filament was given to me free, so i havent paid anything. you would have to look on thingiverse someone may have already made some.

Soldato
dont know,just electric and a bit of filament, the printer and the filament was given to me free, so i havent paid anything. you would have to look on thingiverse someone may have already made some.
Thanks
Guessing thingiverse is where
People who have some CAD skill
Post 3d models
Tried myself but totally sucked
At anything other than a cube
Or a sphere lol
I blame the software lol
As was actually pretty good at
Technical drawing in school lol

Soldato
OP
Thanks
Guessing thingiverse is where
People who have some CAD skill
Post 3d models
Tried myself but totally sucked
At anything other than a cube
Or a sphere lol
I blame the software lol
As was actually pretty good at
Technical drawing in school lol

I will be having a go at my own models, nothing complicated to start with maybe just some 3d text, I can use Corel Draw and AutoCAD pretty fluently and whilst neither are ideal a 3D between them both i could knock out pretty much anything as long as its not got complicated curves.

how long did that take to print?
what printer do you have?

I think about 3 hours, I did a headset holder which just over 2 hours.. its a long time, but if im in the other room gaming i can just leaving it running. If it fails its 99% will always be on the first couple of layers

Soldato
3 hours for that
Pretty long time if had a few to do though
As said can just go do something else
Wonder when they will have ones
That print really fast
I see you can even get commercial
Ones that print metal
Very clever stuff

Associate
I will be having a go at my own models, nothing complicated to start with maybe just some 3d text, I can use Corel Draw and AutoCAD pretty fluently and whilst neither are ideal a 3D between them both i could knock out pretty much anything as long as its not got complicated curves.

I think about 3 hours, I did a headset holder which just over 2 hours.. its a long time, but if im in the other room gaming i can just leaving it running. If it fails its 99% will always be on the first couple of layers
2 or 3hrs dodsnt sound too long. I heard a while ago that it could take overnight. Perhaps your machine is much better than the first models?

Back
Top Bottom