** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Starting to get concerned that they have now sold mine to someone else as it should have arrived today, but someone apparently forgot to load on the couriers van (?) When I called earlier, they assured me it would be sent tonight, yet DPD is reporting that they still haven't received it from OCUK. Had to book another day short notice annual leave for tomorrow, so if it doesn't show up i'll be very unhappy. They've have managed to turn what should be something to get excited about, into a drawn out mess from the start that has essentially cost me 2 days pay on top of the price.

Like I wrote a few posts above, demand compensation. Its about time companies are held accountable for their failures and poor business practices, a sorry doesn't cut it anymore.

Associate
Mine just arrived. No dead pixels, no noticeable backlight bleed at all, looks pretty well calibrated out of the box. Was worried about the contrast ratio after seeing some horror stories, especially upgrading from a VA panel, but it looks great, not washed out at all, but maybe my VA panel was just crap. Might have just won the panel lottery, but it looks perfect. Hopefully LG just got their ass into gear with their quality control. Good luck everyone else!

Associate
Mine just arrived. No dead pixels, no noticeable backlight bleed at all, looks pretty well calibrated out of the box. Was worried about the contrast ratio after seeing some horror stories, especially upgrading from a VA panel, but it looks great, not washed out at all, but maybe my VA panel was just crap. Might have just won the panel lottery, but it looks perfect. Hopefully LG just got their ass into gear with their quality control. Good luck everyone else!
nice! and congrats with a sweet panel!

Associate
I am trying to decide on this unit or a Dell Ultrasharp U2719D, what is the LG for things like photoshop ? is it as good as the dell. I can not decide on which to go for as i have read the LG has the lowest contrast of all IPS monitors and HDR does not bring much over normal monitors that dont have it.

what about glow would both be the same ?

Associate
So I've got mine up and running now. Side by side next to my Dell U2515H (25" 2560x1440) in srgb mode in default settings you can instantly tell there is less contrast. The Dell does have one of the best contrast ratios on an IPS panel though so its not an average comparison. There is a bit of glow in one corner and about a 3rd along the bottom side on the LG, but it is only really noticeable on a black or dark grey screen (~25%-30% brightness). In the gamer setting the LG looks much more similar to my dell, but a bit more oversaturated. G-sync is working well so far.

Associate
So mine arrived.

There seems to be no hotspots in terms of backlight bleed, all seems extremely uniform which is good, just the usual IPS glow which actually isn't anything like as bad as i'd feared it would be. No dead pixels.

Settings in case anyone is interested:

Gamer 1

Black Stabilizer 50

response time Fast

Brightness 18

Contrast 72

Sharpness 60

Gamma Mode 3

Colour temp custom Red 55, Green 49, Blue 48.

HDR off (seems to just make things "bright")

Good viewing angle, sturdy base, thin bezel.

all in all, seems like a very good panel for the price.

Associate
Hi all, Been reading a lot of reviews and it seems this monitor does not do well at 1ms and you have to set it to the next best setting to stop image problems and thast about 4ms also it has the worst contrast ratio of any ips monitor only been 700:1 ish wheres most ips monitors to 1000:1 to 1200:1 that a lot less than some. Also read that the HDR on this monitor is pointless to as it does not bring much extra at that setting.

the question is why is it so highley recomended becasue of them flaws. ? why not other ips monitors like The

ACER Nitro VG271UP its cheaper has 144mz and has a 1244:1 contrast ratio and has 4ms.
or
The ASUS TUF VG27AQ same price has 144mhz and a 1247:1 contrast ratio and has 3.5ms

so why is this LG monitor better ?

I also looked at the Asus ROG Swift PG279Q but bloody hell that is way overpriced so thats out

I im undecided as i have also been looking at the dell 2719D also, which is a 60hz monitor but has a 1100: contrast and 5ms and the only thing i can see is the LG has the higher refresh but the dell is £150 cheaper

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
so why is this LG monitor better ?

Colour range and accuracy. As for contrast you'll also be hard press to see much difference between 700:1 and 1000:1.

The motion at 4ms (or fast setting NOT FASTEST) is one of the best. Better than my TN 144Hz panel

Associate
jesus this is harder than picking the pc as i would like a three monitor setup and to make sure its the right choise as i will be keeping them for at least 10 years like my last three monitors the (samsung 2443)

on my list so far is

27GL850-B
Dell U2719D

anyone know what the border size is of the 27GL850-B ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom