The unnamed, named build?!

Associate
OP
awesome Build... Congrats
I've got 2-3 different desk ideas in my head but no cash at the moment..
love your colour choice for the Braiding too, subtle graduations with a smack you round the head 'poppin' pink in the middle.
Was there a reason you went with Tin in the base with so much mdf construction?

thanks dude, I bought the stuff bit by bit as I went on and to be honest the first part takes so long to build and work out by the time I got to the stage of needing parts like the pumps ect I had saved a little cash up, also helped I had lots of bits from my main pc and some spares.
The reason I used galvanised steel is for strength. As it was firstly built on a second floor I knew at some point it would have to be carried down a narrow staircase so I was concerned that the glue would crack if mdf was used on the base and it would always loose its integrity and the paint would always crack in the corners. That and I thought about when I slide the desk chair underneath and my legs would end up keep whacking it metal would flex and take more of a beating. Also as silly as it sounds it’s very difficult to get enough leg room underneath while still keeping enough space inside to fit the actual computer so thin metal would help shave off at least 10mm in the depth. Price wise the metal wasn’t expensive at all either so it was a no brainier for me.

Associate
thanks dude,
I bought the stuff bit by bit as I went on and to be honest the first part takes so long to build and work out by the time I got to the stage of needing parts like the pumps ect I had saved a little cash up, also helped I had lots of bits from my main pc and some spares.
The reason I used galvanised steel is for strength. As it was firstly built on a second floor I knew at some point it would have to be carried down a narrow staircase so I was concerned that the glue would crack if mdf was used on the base and it would always loose its integrity and the paint would always crack in the corners.
That and I thought about when I slide the desk chair underneath and my legs would end up keep whacking it metal would flex and take more of a beating. Also as silly as it sounds it’s very difficult to get enough leg room underneath while still keeping enough space inside to fit the actual computer so thin metal would help shave off at least 10mm in the depth. Price wise the metal wasn’t expensive at all either so it was a no brainier for me.

My first thought was maybe you were worried about water cooled leakage, but then figured on the fractionally thinner for guaranteed strength trail of thought, so makes sense :D Yeah doesn't look like the sort of build you'd want to be taking up and down stairs too often though ;)

Back
Top Bottom