*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Well you can get EXACT same pro controllers without the logo on from China. Makes me think they are defects that Nintendo didn't want.

Or someone stole them from the assembly line.

Soldato
Link? How does that work? I might be interested.

Sorry man, too late, it filled up very fast. At least 2 people posted in the thread that were too late though so if you do the same I'm sure you'd have no trouble filling another membership. Basically, I buy the membership, 7 other people give me their email addresses and we all get registered to that one family account. They send me the dosh, it's a lot cheaper all round.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/another-nintendo-switch-family-group.18877475

Associate
I'm sure this has probably been discussed somewhere in here but the thread is massive! Anyone used 3rd party joycons? Left controller is losing charge and has the dodgy stick problem, so look to replace but a few other brands popped up. Can anyone recommend any that they have purchased or is it a case of just buy official and move on?
Thanks!

Associate
I'm sure this has probably been discussed somewhere in here but the thread is massive! Anyone used 3rd party joycons? Left controller is losing charge and has the dodgy stick problem, so look to replace but a few other brands popped up. Can anyone recommend any that they have purchased or is it a case of just buy official and move on?
Thanks!
Will be cheaper to replace the battery and analogue stick yourself

Caporegime
Will be cheaper to replace the battery and analogue stick yourself
An absolute doddle to do as well, I swapped an analogue stick on my 1 month old unit because Nintendo were saying it was fine even though the movement wasn't smooth.

Paid more than I had to (£7) for the replacement stick because I bought it from Amazon but I'm happy with the result.

Associate
An absolute doddle to do as well, I swapped an analogue stick on my 1 month old unit because Nintendo were saying it was fine even though the movement wasn't smooth.

Paid more than I had to (£7) for the replacement stick because I bought it from Amazon but I'm happy with the result.
So annoying when the stick drifts, especially when you have to aim or stay still, but yeah i got 4 spare sticks just incase haha

Caporegime
So annoying when the stick drifts, especially when you have to aim or stay still, but yeah i got 4 spare sticks just incase haha
Mine wasn't drifting, it was mechanical resistance, like the spring inside was catching, it was really irritating especially when playing games where you primarily hold up and move slightly to the left and right of the 12 o'clock position.

Associate
Mine wasn't drifting, it was mechanical resistance, like the spring inside was catching, it was really irritating especially when playing games where you primarily hold up and move slightly to the left and right of the 12 o'clock position.
ahhhhh gotcha, you must have had a fun time when playing zelda :D

Man of Honour
cant you use contact cleaner on the analogue sticks to fix drift?

Do you know what causes it?

That may be a temporary solution the first few times it happens, but as it's caused by the physical destruction of the conductive traces on the PCB it's a permanent problem.

The annoying thing is the available spare parts are all knock offs so they look/feel a little different to the original sticks. That might not be a bad thing though as they may be higher quality than the cheap parts Nintendo use :p

Anyone opening up their joycons should replace their plastic catches with metal ones while they are at it. That way the joycons don't become loose/wobbly with time as the plastic wears down.

Back
Top Bottom