The Matrix 4

V F

V F

Soldato
Matrix 4 my dream has come true, can't wait for this!

Still remember watching the first in the cinema and just thought 'WOW!'

Not many films have that effect.

Lost count how many times I've watched it since.

The other 2 films not so good, but glad it's a continuation and not a reboot (thread title really needs changing to avoid confusion!)

It was also a totally different world in 1999. I don't think this is going to work in 2020.

Soldato
If there were to be a new matrix or new trilogy they need the original writers as it was their thing and probs best to tell it but for a new set of films they should i think tell the story of how it all started. As not much can be done i think after the third matrix can it? Tho then again do we need to see how it started, would knowing and seeing it ruin what made the matrix 1 er matrix?

Associate
If there were to be a new matrix or new trilogy they need the original writers as it was their thing and probs best to tell it but for a new set of films they should i think tell the story of how it all started. As not much can be done i think after the third matrix can it? Tho then again do we need to see how it started, would knowing and seeing it ruin what made the matrix 1 er matrix?

Its being directed by one of the original directors. Even still, I'm not 100% convinced how they're gonna pull this one off.

Man of Honour

I'm still not sure who was really behind the first movie - everything the credited writers and/or directors have done since has been like a student to the master in comparison and none of the subtle levels of meaning and significance there is in that movie.

Soldato
I'm still not sure who was really behind the first movie - everything the credited writers and/or directors have done since has been like a student to the master in comparison and none of the subtle levels of meaning and significance there is in that movie.
If you believe the hype they stole it from someone, but more than likely they had a good idea and peaked.

Man of Honour
If you believe the hype they stole it from someone, but more than likely they had a good idea and peaked.

Doubt they stole it from someone - there is attention to detail in the implementation throughout that is missing in later efforts - peaking early is possible but doesn't really explain the absence of some of the approaches in later work. I find it very puzzling personally.

Soldato
I wondered what is happening with the potential prequel about Morpheus. I guessed Warner had just abandoned that in preference of bringing back Neo and Trinity and trying to recreate similar interest that the original film had. So a Hollywood studio doing what Hollywood studios do best then; reboot something or make a sequel, rather than explore new stories.

Just read though, that there is a rumour that a young Morpheus will be in this. Maybe Warner are just going to try and squash many things into one film, just as they did with the DCEU's Dawn of Justice film.

I agree with a previous poster who said this will either be genius, or it will be terrible.

Possible that they had a guiding hand.

As Placidcasual said, 'They're a bit like JJ Abrams. Very good directors but plainly need someone to hold their hand on script.'

Could be that they got a bit too overly confident after the success of the first film and thought they could go it alone with the sequels.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So a Hollywood studio doing what Hollywood studios do best then; reboot something or make a sequel, rather than explore new stories.

I'd be fine with that if they fleshed out the first bit of the movie, the setting early on with Mouse and so on - there was a bit of mystery to it, an undercurrent of themes and events that they never really used for the rest of the movie or series.

Soldato

yeah this - apart from the first matrix they have made average to total garbage films.

i imagine they got a lot of behind the scenes help as it was their first film, and thats why it was good.

Soldato
Bound was pretty good I thought and I did quite like Cloud Atlas despite it's faults. Jupiter Ascending though; that was one of the worst big budget films I've seen.

Man of Honour
and I did quite like Cloud Atlas despite it's faults

I didn't really like Cloud Atlas but objectively it isn't a bad movie and some areas like artistically it holds up well. However it largely just doesn't have the little touches that exist in the first Matrix movie and where they are there they are, relatively speaking, clumsy and an imitation compared to the Matrix.

Caporegime
Mind giving some examples?

I loved the first film (at the time) like everyone else, but I can't remember (not having seen it for years) too much that I would call "subtle" about it. It was an action blockbuster at heart, just one that tuned in well to the new internet age.

Caporegime
It's a movie that fit the times and mood perfectly in concept and technology.

Nowadays it just seems a bit too "realistic" and possibly doable in a lifetime.

I guess we will see but it could be cringe worthy.

Back
Top Bottom