Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Quickly off the top of my head Yamaha MT-07 could possibly fit the bill, would be nearly new too for 6k.

I'd suggest visiting a few local dealers / traders to see what one you like the look of and fit on well, then can go out and buy elsewhere for less.

Soldato
I have thought about a 701, would be a really big target for getting nicked.

I thought the MT07 had a pretty low seat height so never really thought about it.

Soldato
I thought the MT07 had a pretty low seat height so never really thought about it.
Honestly, I don't know, I've not checked the seat heights, it's just the first naked 700ish that came to mind.
Personally I would probably look at a dealer or trader's stock (even if mostly brand new in showroom) to see what was the sort of size I was after and what's comfortable etc then go on the hunt for second hand ones within budget.

Soldato
I've only had a WR125R and CRF250 Rally, that's the style of bike I've always liked but not really into the off road part.

Would like to try something different.

Soldato
You will need scrubbing in again too. After 6 months off the bike it will take a while for your skills to catch up, so ride accordingly.

I know that’s not popular advice but it’s the reason the Air Ambulance critical care vehicle parks up on the A32 on good weekends this time of year.

An entirely fair point, thanks :) I'll take it easy; gotta get back to driving on the left too :p

Man of Honour
You will need scrubbing in again too. After 6 months off the bike it will take a while for your skills to catch up, so ride accordingly.

I know that’s not popular advice but it’s the reason the Air Ambulance critical care vehicle parks up on the A32 on good weekends this time of year.
It's the most important thing to remember though, it's easy to see when the first nice weekends of the year are because all the Facebook bike groups are full of RIP messages.

Associate
I've just been reading about the KTM Duke 690 and 790. I seem to recall there being an R version of one of them, with a higher seat. They're edging into £6k territory.

Soldato
I'm getting a Honda CB650R in Silver, meant to be not bad for taller people, 1890 miles, slightly excited!.
Damn you! Although I prefer them in red myself.

When I was looking at them in the Honda dealer they had the 2019 models with red, silver and flat blue...apparently the flat blue is the most commonly bought colour but for me it was all about the red. And yeah, for a taller person they should be fine. I'm short and with standard seat height I'd not have been able to safely put a foot down at lights, let alone two. You can get them to fit lowering kits which is what I was going to do if I did get one but obviously for you that's not an issue.

Soldato
I would have bought the Blue but there isn't that many and the few i've seen are quite a bit more expensive than what i paid, i'm just waiting on the payment info and should be getting it delivered next week.

Just ordered a new helmet and heated gloves, Nolan n100-5 and Racer heat 4 gloves.

Associate
Anyone riding a ZZR1400? I am pretty sure, Almost 100% decided that it's my next bike once I have the funds to buy one ;) New or second hand.

I'm basically in limbo until I have the funds so I've been firing questions out and annoying people all over about which generation to get, How much is it to get one repainted (Some nice red stripes) and whether high /low mileage matters much with these bikes.

Is there anything you can tell me about your ZZR1400? Any common problems or anything I need to look out for when buying a second hand one?

Soldato
I couldn’t trust myself on a 1400! I borrowed a mates k1300 and was cruising at warp speeds without even realising. If you have the control they are beautiful bikes.

Soldato
Has anyone used Crescent motorcycles before?, was supposed to get the payment details emailed to me and got nothing.

Oh well, if i have to chase them up i'll use someone else.

Man of Honour
Has anyone used Crescent motorcycles before?, was supposed to get the payment details emailed to me and got nothing.

Oh well, if i have to chase them up i'll use someone else.
Bought a KTM from them in 2013. Reasonable service but it took quite a bit of negotiation to get them to let me test ride the thing before buying.

More recently test rode a bike at their Honda showroom. No issues getting the test ride this time but getting the salesman to call me back after promises of doing so was painful. Quite a careless attitude at that showroom which ultimately led to me not going through with the deal.

I have no intention of dealing with them again unless I don’t have a choice.

Man of Honour
Make a point of telling them that's why they lost a sale as well.
There's a balance to be had in not being a pain in the back side bum licker when you're selling vehicles but making the customer chase is not it.

Man of Honour
Make a point of telling them that's why they lost a sale as well.
There's a balance to be had in not being a pain in the back side bum licker when you're selling vehicles but making the customer chase is not it.
Agreed. I don’t want or like the brown nose approach, but if they say they are going to call me back or send me through some details, I expect them to do it. If they can’t be bothered to make a sale, what’s it going to be like if I need warranty or post-sale support?

Back
Top Bottom