**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They changed the animation of when you open apps. I read before that this type of animation was used before to hide the facts apps used to take long to open. I actually don't mind it but hope they have not gimped the performance somehow. You know to get you ready to upgrade...

I don't think I will upgrade for quite a few years yet as all the new phones offer nothing interesting to me. Waste of money.

Soldato
Battery life isn't as good as before the update :(

That's pretty common after an update - Android will 're-learn' the usages etc over the course of a week or so.

Noticed an issue with taking photos in low light on the latest updated (Android 10) - it seems that the camera is taking a snap after the flash; so you just get a black screen. Though it's only with auto flash - on manual, it was fine.

Soldato
Alright all,
I traded in my S9+ a few weeks back and have the cases left over.

Both Snakehive cases, worth around £20 each (I think that's around what I paid) and I'd like them to go to a good home as they're fantastic cases!

As you can see they've had a bit of wear and tear, but that wood case is the best case I've owned. It's protective and slim!

Wood case out
https://i.imgur.com/Tqxl0j7.jpg

Wood case in
https://i.imgur.com/JFjA2QG.jpg

Leather case out
https://i.imgur.com/UrUjIT8.jpg

Leather case in
https://i.imgur.com/EoEp2o4.jpg

First come, first serve.
Take it to trust to sort out addresses and postage.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Been very happy with One UI 2 update. As long as the phone does not magically start to slow down, I recon I will keep it longer than I kept my previous phone which was a Note 3 that lasted me a little over 4 years. Had my S9+ now for 2 years and it still feels new and fresh.

Associate
Has anyone else had issues with the play store after the latest S9 update (April 2020 patch level)? After I did the OTA update last week, I can't install things like netflix anymore, and under the play protect it says this device is not certified.

I have a stock S9, not rooted, no unlocked bootloader or anything like that, so I'm not really sure what the issue is.

Associate
The S9 is still getting love from Samsung. Another big update from them.

Over a gig in size with fixes and the June security updates, it took a good 10 minutes to install on my phone as well. I haven't been using my S9 very much as I got a P40, but I have decided to use the S9 this week as my main phone as I want to see if I really need the Google Play store and google notification system.

Soldato
The S9 is still getting love from Samsung. Another big update from them.

Got excited for a moment but seems a pretty minor features update but just big in size. Still on my s9 but contract is up next month.

Think I'll just switch to sim only for a while, it's still doing what I need which is what's app and browsing.

Soldato
I think it took about 30 minutes to install on my phone, and was hot afterwards for about 10 minutes. It freeked me out, but it was doing its stuff in the background :)

Associate
What are people upgrading to from their S9+?

My 24 month contract has just come to an end and I am struggling to decide what to upgrade to. The S20 Ultra seems the logical choice but I refuse to pay top money for a second rate Exynos processor. The Note 20 looks like it could be good but I really don't want to be spending £60+ a month. My max would be around £50 a month. I am tempted to get a Virgin Media 10GB SIM for £10 and just wait it out to see if anything better comes out.

My battery is definitely not as good as it once was & I'd like a better camera, mainly just fancy a new phone! :p

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What are people upgrading to from their S9+?

My 24 month contract has just come to an end and I am struggling to decide what to upgrade to. The S20 Ultra seems the logical choice but I refuse to pay top money for a second rate Exynos processor. The Note 20 looks like it could be good but I really don't want to be spending £60+ a month. My max would be around £50 a month. I am tempted to get a Virgin Media 10GB SIM for £10 and just wait it out to see if anything better comes out.

My battery is definitely not as good as it once was & I'd like a better camera, mainly just fancy a new phone! :p
Not upgrading. Still plenty fast and the new phones offer nothing new that I want. Hopefully they start releasing something worth buying in the next couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom