People you admired but now you don't

Soldato
Lostprophets, used to love listening to them growing up, Start Something was one of my most listened to albums. Turns out Ian was into toddlers, not been able to listen to them since, any reference to romance / good times makes me feel sick. I still don't buy it that none of the bandmates knew what he was up to.

I don’t know about that, if my band mate was doing something like that I’d be dropping them straight in it to be fair. It was horrendous what he did. :( Unless they didn’t know the full extent? Who knows.

Soldato
Speaking of Philip Schofield... he's now come out this morning at 57 after 27 years of marriage and two daughters. I might need some educating because I don't understand how you realise you're gay that late in life. Unless he's always been aware but never wanted to accept it.

Seems kind of fake and attention seeking.

Soldato
how? naive and silly post maybe. homophobic nah, not even close.

You say that, but would anyone really have an opinion if he was divorcing his wife for any other reason? He's coming out as gay, so he must be attention seeking. That is homophobic.

Soldato
You say that, but would anyone really have an opinion if he was divorcing his wife for any other reason? He's coming out as gay, so he must be attention seeking. That is homophobic.
you missed a key work. fake......the poster thinks his coming out is fake and therefore is attention seeking. that isn't homophobic. stupid, yup almost certainly (who would make up being gay) but not homophobic.

Soldato
you missed a key work. fake......the poster thinks his coming out is fake and therefore is attention seeking. that isn't homophobic. stupid, yup almost certainly (who would make up being gay) but not homophobic.

Well, perhaps we just have different views on what defines homophobia, but we can agree it is ridiculous.

Soldato
He lied to his wife for twenty odd years about something as trivial as his sexuality, what does he want, a ******* medal?

It's trivial to you because you are presumably a white hetreosexual male and have never had society look down on you because of who you choose to sleep with. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Eh how did you come to that conclusion :rolleyes:

Because these things were a big deal in the 90s or I'm pretty sure I have that correct, Michael Barrymore etc, but nowadays it's not considered a big deal and is largely acceptable, again I'm pretty sure I have that correct, in this country at least, so who cares, why does he need the maximum attention/exposure that he's seeking...

I dunno it was just a thought I'm sure it's not the complete picture but part of it.

Soldato
No one's given a monkies, outside of twitter, for decades about who people are attracted to. Apart from certain religious groups *cough*

Again, this is because like me you are a white heterosexual male. I used to think exactly the same, but actually they do give a monkies. We go out with our gay neighbors (gay-bors) and they can't physically touch each other without getting a reaction, even if it's just someone grimacing. It's shameful, but it's the society we live in.

Soldato
I bet I get more grief for my colour and sexual orientation, as you keep mentioning it as if it's relevant (it isn't).

But it is relevant, in the same way you can't really relate to the struggles of being an ethnic minority. Just because you haven't experienced prejudice, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom