Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I think it's more a sign of the times. Back in the early 2000's this forum was a much more friendly place and it was a joy to read. Now it's common to be attacked with no proof of their thinking ad-infinitum..

Back in the early 2000s it was very right wing and quite racist with threads like "Why do Pakis smell" and "Shouldn't we send all the brown people home?"!!!!! Surprised you claim it was much "more friendly place and a joy to read". What does that say about you I wonder?

Soldato
Not for no reason, no.
What about to prove that you don't have massive Russian financial interests?

He's trying.
He is, very.

In an ideal world it's not fine, at all. I would love a world where politicians had to tell the truth 100% of the time, but it's not ever going to happen. It's why most politicians are lawyers, or in that field, because they are trained liers.

There are levels of lies, White lies/lesser/medium/big/high/gargantuan/galatic/infinite you get it, it's about the level of the lies. Trump tell a lot of smaller lies, he brags about things and lies during the brag, Hillarys are more serious. Hillary has lots of baggage and that much anyone can tell.
Mexico will pay for the wall isn't a small lie (US Taxpayers are funding it to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars). The bait and switch tax cut he put in wasn't a small lie (people who usually got tax refunds now had to pay in because the IRS was withholding less each month instead of actually reducing their tax rate). China paying tariffs from his trade war, apparently winning the trade war while farmers are going bankrupt at a record rate aren't small lies. Saying that his healthcare plan isn't going to take away healthcare from people with preexisting conditions isn't a small lie. These are huge lies that have a massive impact on millions of people.

You keep going back to Hillary, she isn't president. What lies has Hillary told to the public that are even close to the level that Trump spouts on a daily basis?

Again, I don't like that he's that close to the fossil fuel industry and iroding environmental protections - another couple of disk moves. As you are finding out, there is a LOT that I don't like about him.

I don't mind about the NRA, I'm a fan of the constitution and 2nd amendment which the DEMS and left are massively against. I don't like guns, I would never carry one if I could, but I don't want to stop other people having one. In the US if you take the legal guns off of people that will leave only the criminals with them - look at Chicago as an example!
The dems and left aren't against the 2nd Amendment at all. Most are talking about adding some common sense gun laws, a minority are talking about restricting certain weapons (which I kind of support. I've shot all sorts of stuff like AR15s, AK47s, P90s, etc etc. civilians don't need those sorts of guns).

I can go buy one today and have it in my possession today. I'm legally allowed to keep it in my house or car without any permit because I passed a background check that takes less time than it does to process my credit card payment. How is that a sensible way to govern things like guns? A 4 year old child blew his head off just up the road from me less than a week ago because he found a gun in his parents car. My kids who are 5 and 2 have to do active shooter drills at their school and they're going to have to do it until they're 18. Things like this shouldn't be happening and they can put laws in work towards reducing it but because the NRA lines their pockets, they won't do it. The NRA are even pushing back on laws preventing people from 3D printing their own guns. Soon you'll be able to make your own perfectly legal gun at home. Just what we need.

If guns are harder to get then it's harder for criminals to get them too. Do you think that a school kid would know where to go to buy a gun on the black market, or have the balls to go do it, or even afford to buy a black market gun?

/rant :D

Soldato
It is an interesting that you appear to think a good attribute for the person who holds the most powerful political office in the world is a brilliant ability to troll and take pops at his fellow countrymen.
As always, picking and choosing and twisting what I say. I'll explain it just for you - because you are special.

I find it a good ability because he fight his own corner, like me in this forum, and will not back down for what he believes in. He has soo many people attacking him, and when I say trolling I explicitly mean his political opponents, just to be clear, and I think if they cannot be civil with him why should he be with them?

Look back at Obama, was the press constantly attacking the POTUS, they didn't. Where they constantly attempting to ridecule Obama, like they are with Trump? No, so why should he be civil with them if they are fake?

He used to hold press briefings, why did those stop? because the likes of MSNBC/CNN/others, basically the 'main stream news' outlets did nothing, nothing but attack him constantly.

Remember Jim Acosta?

Remember Rachel Maddow?

Not biased, no - can't be that.. Who would want to entertain these 'reporters'.

Soldato
Back in the early 2000s it was very right wing and quite racist with threads like "Why do Pakis smell" and "Shouldn't we send all the brown people home?"!!!!!
Why did you stay?

Surprised you claim it was much "more friendly place and a joy to read". What does that say about you I wonder?
I came for the technical information, I was in the computer programming field for 20 years and I liked to tinker with hardware in my free time - that's how I found this place.

Yes it was better then than it is now. See my post count, I barely posted and I didn't see or get into any of those supposed threads - I didn't see any of it. I do know the old owner was more right wing, sort of, but I didn't see or contribute to any of what mentioned so I can't help you.

Permabanned
As always, picking and choosing and twisting what I say. I'll explain it just for you - because you are special.

I find it a good ability because he fight his own corner, like me in this forum, and will not back down for what he believes in. He has soo many people attacking him, and when I say trolling I explicitly mean his political opponents, just to be clear, and I think if they cannot be civil with him why should he be with them?

Look back at Obama, was the press constantly attacking the POTUS, they didn't. Where they constantly attempting to ridecule Obama, like they are with Trump? No, so why should he be civil with them if they are fake?

He used to hold press briefings, why did those stop? because the likes of MSNBC/CNN/others, basically the 'main stream news' outlets did nothing, nothing but attack him constantly.

Not biased, no - can't be that.. Who would want to entertain these 'reporters'.

Do you not think there is a valid reason for those "attacks"? Personally I do, while some people are obviously biased and may be out of line, loads are attacking him for valid reasons.

*edit ah, mistake, thought this was the SC thread. :p

Caporegime

Not at all, that is exactly what you think.

You are making out that other politicians have not been attacked by the opposition in the media before like Trump? That is ridiculous and once again totally divorced from reality.

Obama was constantly ridiculed on FOX etc and by his opponents about nonsense, and had to put up with racist rubbish like the birther conspiracy.

However, because he was an intelligent and decent human being, he was able to rise above it and not become a petulant trolling baby on social media.

Soldato
Not at all, that is exactly what you think.
You don't know what I think.

You are making out that other politicians have not been attacked by the opposition in the media before like Trump?
I said OBAMA, OBAMA, O-B-A-M-A, again, stop trying to twist what I say. I didn't say that ANY other politician, I said OBAMA - got it yet?

That is ridiculous and once again totally divorced from reality.
You are yes.

Obama was constantly ridiculed on FOX etc and by his opponents about nonsense
Wow, that's check-able.

and had to put up with racist rubbish like the birther conspiracy.
How was that racist? checking where someone was born??

Again I didn't bring that up, so an another attempt to change the narrative, twist everything. I was saying compare between the two then you will see, probably not, why Trump treats the some media with contempt.

However, because he was an intelligent and decent human being, he was able to rise above it and not become a petulant trolling baby on social media.
Wow, I didn't say one letter of that...

And you don't twist what I say.. Okay...

Soldato
Do you not think there is a valid reason for those "attacks"? Personally I do
Why am I not surprised.. :D And to answer your question, he does deserve criticism, of course he does, but not to the level he does. All it does is polarise people and create hate in those lesser minds..

while some people are obviously biased and may be out of line
Like you.

loads are attacking him for valid reasons.
In your, personal, opinion.

*edit ah, mistake, thought this was the SC thread. :p
Noob.

Caporegime

What a truly awful response. "you are yes" ? :confused: That is playground level stuff man.

You said you like how Trump trolls and takes pops at people and then tried to defend it as though he is the first politician to take flak from the press and that he only does it to get back at people. I will say it again - you are totally divorced from reality.

Even if your argument was based on any semblance of truth, it would still be a terrible one. The media hurts his feelings and instead of running the country he spends a crazy amount of time trolling on twitter and ridiculing people. Great role model and leader material right there!

Seen as you seem to be oblivious to anything that has actually happened in this world. Here is just a small taste of how the right wing media covered Obama's tenure:

Caporegime
Why did you stay?

I came for the technical information, I was in the computer programming field for 20 years and I liked to tinker with hardware in my free time - that's how I found this place.

Yes it was better then than it is now. See my post count, I barely posted and I didn't see or get into any of those supposed threads - I didn't see any of it. I do know the old owner was more right wing, sort of, but I didn't see or contribute to any of what mentioned so I can't help you.

So how can you claim on the one hand GD was a much nicer and friendlier place and now say you never posted in there or read the threads in there and stayed in the hardware threads? Those threads are still just the same and full of helpful people and stuff.

I ignored all the right wing and racist stuff and spent my time posting in the technical threads. I was here to learn.

Soldato
What a truly awful response. "you are yes" ? :confused: That is playground level stuff man.
Any longer and you'll twist it.

You said you like how Trump trolls and takes pops at people
I did.

and then tried to defend it as though he is the first politician to take flak from the press
No I didn't, all I said was compare his press to Obama's. Nixon took a bit of bad press too in his time, but I bet it was George Washington that was the first to take some flak from a press conference - might be wrong about that..
and that he only does it to get back at people.
He doesn't get good press, they've been disingenuous with him from the start, like you have with me, so now he avoid them when he can. Like press briefings, press dinners, basically anything with 'press' in the title I think he misses - their loss, he's doing ok without having to bend the knee to them.

I will say it again - you are totally divorced from reality.
I will say it again, no I'm not - I can do this everyday and twice on Sundays.

Even if your argument was based on any semblance of truth, it would still be a terrible one.
Still better than these dreadful replies I have to wade through.

The media hurts his feelings and instead of running the country he spends a crazy amount of time trolling on twitter and ridiculing people.
It's actually a win-win. The time he saves by NOT talking to the press he can use to troll Pelosi on twitter - someone has to do it..

Great role model and leader material right there!
I think so, now you see it!

Seen as you seem to be oblivious to anything that has actually happened in this world.
It's getting to be more than obvious that I know a fair bit more than you ever will. I may even had a dump or two with more debating skills than you, and I'm sure they were more honest..

Here is just a small taste of how the right wing media covered Obama's tenure:
Don't care, that was not my point and you know it. I was talking about press briefings, yes Obama have have had the issue with his birth certificate, can't remember what it was though, but it wasn't as nasty and underhanded as those first Trump briefings were - they are so bad I was embarrassed for the 'reporter' asking to 'questions'.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom