• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
I may end up selling mine and then making up the price for the big navi.

Make sure you set up fan curve in wattman, and saving a profile, also let me know if 20. 1.4 works for you, I'm still using 19.12.1 until the acknowledged black screen issues are fixed. My version is the powercolor twin fan 5700XT

yeah will do bud.

ive gone for the 50th anniversary edition. its a blower but based on the videos ive seen online, its not too bad with a decent fan curve and undervolt on it.

Associate
So far 20.1.4 has been the most stable for me yet. Even with an undervolt not one crash or black screen yet and also profile is staying loaded on restart or startup :):)

I'm tempted to do a DDU and then try them. Definitely keep this page updated as would help some, but may I ask you my celtic brother, could you help me understand how to under volt my 5700XT please. Even if there's a link due to how hot mine gets especially in star citizen, its around the 80+ degrees.

Associate
I'm tempted to do a DDU and then try them. Definitely keep this page updated as would help some, but may I ask you my celtic brother, could you help me understand how to under volt my 5700XT please. Even if there's a link due to how hot mine gets especially in star citizen, its around the 80+ degrees.

I gave up worrying about temps. Set a custom fan curve should help a bit.. I watched few videos on YouTube.

I've a nitro so this one help me a lot :

https://youtu.be/jfjSTROkBKs

Also use the auto undervolt as guide line then work from there buddy.

Associate
I gave up worrying about temps. Set a custom fan curve should help a bit.. I watched few videos on YouTube.

I've a nitro so this one help me a lot :

https://youtu.be/jfjSTROkBKs

Also use the auto undervolt as guide line then work from there buddy.

I appreciate your time to reply and information, I'll definitely head over to YT and look. Tbh I've not looked at auto undervolt yet, but I will as I've got the kolink citadel matx case and I could cook eggs on my glass window lol.

Associate
Ive just bought one of these, please tell me im not going to regret it :confused:
When it worked it worked great but I couldn't be dealing with trying to fix the issue out. I buy a card I want to plug in do a dirty little OC and play. With Nvidia I have always managed to do this with the AMD card it was more troublesome. It could've been a defective card but I've just had an update from the retailer and they're issuing my a refund. I've managed to snag a 1080 FE for £230 Which will be a great stop gap in till Ampere comes.

Associate
When it worked it worked great but I couldn't be dealing with trying to fix the issue out. I buy a card I want to plug in do a dirty little OC and play. With Nvidia I have always managed to do this with the AMD card it was more troublesome. It could've been a defective card but I've just had an update from the retailer and they're issuing my a refund. I've managed to snag a 1080 FE for £230 Which will be a great stop gap in till Ampere comes.

ive cancelled my order, i think ill wait for a refresh. i may jump to Nvidia im not entirely sure... believe it or not i had driver issues with the 1070 i had. i guess it happens with both companies.

Associate
I have just gone back to my Vega 56. With that I had zero problems, with the 5700xt red devil Tarkov gave me constant server disconnections, also didn't see a performance increase worth the cost even if I sold the Sapphire Vega 56. Amazon refunded straight away.

I was told I was nuts and a GPU wouldn't cause server disconnections, but honestly I would install the 5700xt and the game was unplayable. When I put the Vega 56 in not one issue. I repeated this about 6 times.

Soldato
Hi guys, Got a msi mech OC 5700xt today and god the drivers are shockingly bad for this card, I've tried 3-4 different drivers and I have to say they are all as bad as each other in ways. MSI afterburner doesnt really work properly with any of the drivers I have also tried, the core and memory cocks are all wrong. It reminds me back in the day when I had SLi cards...:mad:

Here's a pic of gpuz and burntest running with the 19.9.2 drivers and the clock speed is suppose to be 1925mhz, but Im not sure about the memory as it always reads 875mhz with these drivers and with other drivers its higher or lower. Same with the gpu clock speed and that bounces around all over the place... Plus the custom fan speed settings are out, like you set it at 80% fan speed and its like 10% out. So the fans are actually running at 90%+ instead of your set speed of 80%

1ZvxE6o.jpg

Guys is this just me or are you all having the same problems?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys, Got a msi mech OC 5700xt today and god the drivers are shockingly bad for this card, I've tried 3-4 different drivers and I have to say they are all as bad as each other in ways. MSI afterburner doesnt really work properly with any of the drivers I have also tried, the core and memory cocks are all wrong. It reminds me back in the day when I had SLi cards...:mad:

Here's a pic of gpuz and burntest running with the 19.9.2 drivers and the clock speed is suppose to be 1925mhz, but Im not sure about the memory as it always reads 875mhz with these drivers and with other drivers its higher or lower. Same with the gpu clock speed and that bounces around all over the place... Plus the custom fan speed settings are out, like you set it at 80% fan speed and its like 10% out. So the fans are actually running at 90%+ instead of your set speed of 80%

1ZvxE6o.jpg

Guys is this just me or are you all having the same problems?

a) I do not see where the problem is with speed. 1904 @ 75C is pretty standard. You need to improve cooling if you want it operate at higher speed. Or downvolt.

b) 875Mhz is normal given that AMD was reporting the Single Data Rate. With 19.12.2 onwards reporting Double Data Rate as normal. Nvidia is reporting the Octa-pumped rate to have "bigger numbers". Where actually if you calculate 875 *2 *8 = 14000 Mhz.
FYI GDDR5 had Quad-pumped rated so last multiplier was with 4 not 8.

c) MSI AB doesn't support drivers older than 19.12.1. The changes to the Adrenaline 2020 drivers were so radical that MSI AB devs need to do some extensive work to support them. If you use MSI AB with 19.12.2/3 or 20.x.x then better remove it completely from the system. Use DDU in windows safe mode to remove the AMD drivers, set it to delete the AMD folder and install the 20.2.x which are superb.

d) Why you use 19.9.2 in Feb 2020? A lot of things are fixed the last 6 months, especially for MSI cards mainly, which it's typical MSI wisdom has cheapen out on the specs. Hell half the MSI Navi cards don't put enough power to the DP port.

f) Never ever try to use tune settings from previous driver version. Always put them by hand, things change all the time, resulting to instability and crashes.

e) I had no issues with the 5700XT AE since go it in July. Only thing is that upgrading from 19.11.1 to 19.12.2 needed to use DDU in windows safe mode, because the changes are so drastic that had issues even with the AMD clean up. And I do not use MSI AB as it is not needed with AMD drivers for several years now. We even have overlay also.

Soldato
5700XT blower here (fnar) and been fine!!

One thing. The AMD made cards (aka reference models) are build to last. Even using tantalum capacitors costing 10 times more than the aluminium found on AIB cards.
And especially in the case of MSI except on the GamingX model, has cheapen out on all others, and all it's cards had issues until 19.11.1 drivers appeared.
Reddit was packed with black screen issues due to MSI card requiring to add more power to the display override settings.

Soldato
One thing. The AMD made cards (aka reference models) are build to last. Even using tantalum capacitors costing 10 times more than the aluminium found on AIB cards.
And especially in the case of MSI except on the GamingX model, has cheapen out on all others, and all it's cards had issues until 19.11.1 drivers appeared.
Reddit was packed with black screen issues due to MSI card requiring to add more power to the display override settings.

Yes, hence I decided on Powercolor as Sapphire took so long to launch. No issues so far and I don't use MSI AB either.

Associate
My Powercolor Red dragon Is showing temps @ idle over 50c when web browsing,
Also getting black screen of death once in a while & on top of that Coil whine started 5 days ago like a dial up modem .

Fan starts up at 58C to cool it down again to around 50 then turns off , Repeats
card as been deteriorating over the 2 months of having it.

Will have to RMA it at sometime

Last edited:
Associate
Installed my reference 5700xt this morning, left it standard and was quite loud. Upped the power voltage it was boosting constantly over 2000mhz but the junction temperature was hitting 110 briefly.

Timespy score of 9806
graphics score being 9543
Gtest 1 65.69fps
Gtest 2 52.27fps

ive done some tweaking and dropped the target to 1900mhz/1000mv with a 10% power limit and 38% fan speed.

I ran Timespy again and got a
combined score of 9371
Gtest 1 62.20fps
Gtest 2 49.90fps

The Fan currently tops out at 2000rpm briefly but mainly hovers around 1650rpm
GPU temp sits around 70c and the junction temp is between 79c-85c

im going to try and tweak a bit more but im genuinely impressed at how quiet you can get this card at the expense of 3fps.

Soldato
Thankyou very much Panos, I removed the drivers like you said using DDU in safe mode, installed the 20.2.1 drivers and the problems I was having are more or less fixed. The clock/memory speeds are more or less correct now (the idel clock speed is totally wrong saying 6mhz though)and its taking the correct temp reading now because before the fan speeds were changing with the "hot spot temp" and not the normal "gpu temp" causing the fans to speed up too quickly.... The fan settings are still wrong though because to get 79% fanspeed I had to put it at 69%, but I can live with that minor problem... Now I can have some fun and try out a few games at last..... Thankyou Panos;)

d185KTJ.jpg

CH9J2xB.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom