Please Spec Me a Pen (gift for dad)

Soldato
I'm on the lookout for a nice pen for my dad for his birthday. He typically only buys himself cheap multipacks of Tesco's own brand pens for doing crosswords and sudokus etc. I've been using rollerball gel pens only for years, so I don't really know about other popular pen types/styles. Basically looking for something that writes well on newspaper, printer paper etc, with a nice smooth flow, and non-tendency to leak! And given that it will be a gift, something reasonably nice looking. Willing to spend £50-100.

Any ideas?

Associate
You should order him something from here: http://penisland.net

tvlwFyfe_o.png

Caporegime
Just LMAO if you don't dictate all of your ideas to staff who then vet and improve your comments prior to public airing but you then attack their comms because reasons, and a pen won't fix that.

Noobs.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Soldato
I second Cross pens - only problem I have found is you really do need to buy Cross refills which are quite expensive.- I have tried the Chinese ones and for some reason they don't put much ink in them.
The wife's best pen is a Cross.
I use Zebra Expandz pens - closed up they just drop into your coat pocket.

Soldato
It's a ******* pen! I'd understand perhaps an expensive pen if a writer but if just doing crosswords and the like it seems like a massive waste of money

Soldato
I don't have any recommendations unfortunately, but I really don't see people's issues with spending money on this sort of thing. Spend your money on what you want, don't mind other people's choices.

Soldato
We also have a Montblanc pen - we didn't buy it - The company the wife worked for had a ruling that all gifts were handed in and stored till xmas and then every employee was given a raffle ticket - Wife won the pen. - Sounds good -that was nearly 20 yrs ago and pen is still in the box - we both tried it and it was orrible - didn't feel right in the hand.

For those who think it's a waste of money it may be for you but some people like to use something nice - I am pretty sure those who think it's a waste spend that sort of money on something someone else thinks it's a waste - Like Japanese dollies with big boobs and thin waists. Each to their own.

Back
Top Bottom