Replacement motherboard has broken capacitor

Associate
I had problems with my ASUS motherboard recently. It had a few problems from cold booting.

Ive noticed the replacement motherboard has a broken capacitor but Ive installed it and everything is working fine for now. I noticed the area its broken from is the near thunderbolt / USB section.

Operation wise it seems smooth and stable. What should I do ?

Caporegime
Is it broken or just a bit of board which is printed as if it should have a capacitor but it's not there?

If it's the former, then send it back again? Obviously. ;)

Man of Honour
On motherboards capacitors generally help to expand the tolerances of an electronic circuit so without it probably still stable in normal use but it can still have unpredictable effects.

I'm assuming you RMA'd your original board and got another one back - was this with the retailer direct or Asus's repair centre? this is why I stopped using Asus - in my experience even on a brand new premium product if something goes wrong they will just round-robin you out someone else's ropey RMA return (with a bit of shoddy "refurbishment" at best if you are lucky) and hope you go away. I know a couple of people have gone through like 5-7 replacements for stuff like the ROG Swift monitors that were clearly pre-used and faulty before Asus finally sent them out a new one as they had no other choice.

Man of Honour
I would be returning that. A motherboard be it a replacement or original purchase should be in perfect condition and not have bits falling off. I know it's frustrating to go through another return but if you leave it as it is it will hurt resale value further down the line and my cause potential problems as well.

Back
Top Bottom